First gay couple applies for marriage license in Greenwich - Gr...

Joey Diaz and his partner of five years, Frankie D'Amico, were the first same-sex couple to apply for a marriage license in Greenwich today. Full Story
John in MN

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 12, 2008
Congratulations to the couple! I wish you long life and happiness together!
sean

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Nov 12, 2008
Beautiful ! How can anyone hate on this ? And no scripture/morals talk allowed. This is CIVIL, take your hate and judgement to your church/synagogue/temple/whatev er and be happy we live in a country that protects your right to hate and these fellas right to love and marry.
judy martinez

Irvine, CA

#3 Nov 12, 2008
i am so happy 4 you 2!!!!!!
graham

Bronx, NY

#4 Nov 12, 2008
whatever, just don't force this perversion on my children in the school system, on the streets or anywhere.

Sex, was meant to be a private thing between two people, not to be advertised and publicly displayed like this.

Keep it out of my Constitution and leave the rest of us alone.

Fact is, marriage is between the two who love one another and GOD, the Government never should have been allowed to become involved, NEVER.

All it is, is another way to PERMIT us to live "OUR" lives, under the eye of a government that in truth, should be torn down and started up again the way it was meant to be,

What two people do in their bedroom, I don't want to know about, especially this sickness, but yes, they, like everyone else should be left alone to live their lives, without any GOV.org involvement.
Angry Liberal

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#5 Nov 13, 2008
graham wrote:
whatever, just don't force this perversion on my children in the school system, on the streets or anywhere.
Sex, was meant to be a private thing between two people, not to be advertised and publicly displayed like this.
Fact is, marriage is between the two who love one another and GOD, the Government never should have been allowed to become involved, NEVER.
All it is, is another way to PERMIT us to live "OUR" lives, under the eye of a government that in truth, should be torn down and started up again the way it was meant to be,
What two people do in their bedroom, I don't want to know about, especially this sickness, but yes, they, like everyone else should be left alone to live their lives, without any GOV.org involvement.
Your Bigotry is duly noted.
FABBY

Wayne, NJ

#6 Nov 13, 2008
graham wrote:
Well said. Most Americans are tired of small fringe groups like gays advertising their sexuality all over the place and demanding politicians re-write the laws for them. Loud liberals will be disappointed to find out that Obama is no friend to gays either.

My suggestion if you're gay and want to get married: Find a state where you can do it legally, and do it now. Don't expect every state to change their laws to accomodate your small minority.
former res

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Nov 13, 2008
FABBY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. Most Americans are tired of small fringe groups like gays advertising their sexuality all over the place and demanding politicians re-write the laws for them. Loud liberals will be disappointed to find out that Obama is no friend to gays either.
My suggestion if you're gay and want to get married: Find a state where you can do it legally, and do it now. Don't expect every state to change their laws to accomodate your small minority.
Hey Eintstein, if you're white - you'll be in the minority in a few years. So get used to it.

And if you can't see changes when they're happening - like the first black preident - that's ok. Fourtunately these sort of changes, like civil rights etc - will happen with or without you.
FABBY

Wayne, NJ

#8 Nov 13, 2008
I love change when it is good, and criticize it when it is bad.

I love the fact that America elected it's first black President, but hate the fact that they did it at the expense of the country.

Obama is a big spender who is clueless on the economy and foreign policy. He got elected mainly because the media wanted to make sure the first black President was Democratic, even though he is unqualified.
Angry Liberal

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#9 Nov 13, 2008
FABBY wrote:
<quoted text>
"Re-write laws?"
Let me direct your attention to section 1. of the 14th amendment to the United States Constitution, which states:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

And, by the way, this IS a state where Gays can legally marry!
Perhaps you'd be more comfortable somewhere else where they are more sympathetic toward your hateful attitudes.
former res

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Nov 13, 2008
FABBY wrote:
I love change when it is good, and criticize it when it is bad.
I love the fact that America elected its first black President, but hate the fact that they did it at the expense of the country.
Obama is a big spender who is clueless on the economy and foreign policy. He got elected mainly because the media wanted to make sure the first black President was Democratic, even though he is unqualified.
Obama's budget is revenue neutral. The GOP pres is the one who ran up the surplus and debt - even Republicans are mad at Bush for that. McCain gave no indication that he would do anything different. More intent on cutting taxes on the rich than balancing the budget. How did the media fail when Bush got elected twice? You make no sense.
Alex Wilde Timberlake

Aosta, Italy

#11 Nov 13, 2008
ohhh it's fantastic, in italy there aren't this things... I'm an italian boy but my earth in an American's earth.... so I think that the love isn't boy or girl but it is a very bautiful things!!!!!! W GAY PRIDE AND THE LIBERTY!!!!!
Joe

New Milford, CT

#12 Nov 25, 2008
Congratulations to Joey & Frankie!

And kudos to CT.

Cheers, Joe Mustich
Justice of the Peace
Washington CT 06793 USA
Fgc

Sea Cliff, NY

#13 Jun 24, 2014
Thank you all for your comments it's good to see there are good people out there helping the cause of equality. It's 2014 & the D'amicos,the first gay couple of greenwitch, are very great full and still going strong
Fgc

Sea Cliff, NY

#14 Jun 24, 2014
Thank you for all of your support it's been 6yrs we are together We are very happy never thought I see the day we would have our equality god bless America & everyone who is supportive

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 1 hr Cottinz Pickinz 339
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 71,045
go to Thurmont MD (Nov '09) Thu Fuckyoudanielfitz... 4
Norwalk's thugs and G-Monies are out showing th... (May '11) Dec 16 Al Sharpton 308
Stormwater management in connecticut Dec 16 Mike g Papa 1
Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advoc... Dec 16 Mike g Papa 1
Staples Student Wins Star Idol Contest (Oct '06) Dec 14 Linda lu 36

New Canaan News Video

New Canaan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Canaan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Canaan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Canaan

Personal Finance