New Canaan police ID man in standoff-...

New Canaan police ID man in standoff-suicide

There are 53 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Nov 10, 2008, titled New Canaan police ID man in standoff-suicide. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

New Canaan police have released the name of a man who they say killed himself after assaulting his ex-wife and barricading himself in her house while officers tried to negotiate with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JacquesAse

Milford, CT

#1 Nov 10, 2008
Maybe he went Cucco for Coco Puffs
Sally G

Carteret, NJ

#2 Nov 11, 2008
"Police say 46-year-old Pasquale Cucco of Stamford killed himself during the 90-minute standoff Friday. Police have not said how he died."

Which is it? They don't know or he killed himself?
Madmanmike

Holtsville, NY

#3 Nov 11, 2008
Sally G wrote:
"Police say 46-year-old Pasquale Cucco of Stamford killed himself during the 90-minute standoff Friday. Police have not said how he died."
Which is it? They don't know or he killed himself?
Both, its called "double speak" ...its like giving up your liberty for freedom, doublespeak.

“What?”

Since: Jan 08

New Milford

#4 Nov 11, 2008
JacquesAse wrote:
Awww, I wanted to say that...
SOS

Long Beach, NY

#5 Nov 11, 2008
Pat was a good person.. Very good friend to me i will never forget him he will always be in my prayers.... If you knew the real story you would see why.... HUGS&KISSES TO YOU PAT!!!!!
LOVE YA,
SOS
nantavia

Wolcott, CT

#8 Nov 11, 2008
rest in peace ,my dear , dear ,friend!!!!
Friend of Cucco Family

Saint James, NY

#9 Nov 13, 2008
You are beyond stupid for even having the nerve to print such an insensitive remark. Get a life.
Friend of Cucco Family

Saint James, NY

#10 Nov 13, 2008
JacquesAse wrote:
You're a complete idiot who is totally insensitive.
Friend of Cucco Family

Saint James, NY

#11 Nov 13, 2008
watcher419 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, I wanted to say that...
You're also a jerk for making fun of someone like this -- how would you feel if such comments were made about your parents, brother, sister, etc. Have a little respect.
New Canaan

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Nov 13, 2008
JacquesAse wrote:
So sad... his was a great guy until he went missing a few days before this death. His was not the type of guys to take his own life.. but his was stalk and harassed for 90 mins .what they forgot to say his x wifes family were the cops....sometimes divorce and pressure your change your lives
norwalk ct

Bethany, CT

#13 Nov 14, 2008
prayers for pat's family, mother and children especially. prayers for peace, comfort and consolation in times to come. questions will be answered in God's time... please don't despair.
FRIEND of Cuccos

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#14 Nov 17, 2008
New Canaan wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad... his was a great guy until he went missing a few days before this death. His was not the type of guys to take his own life.. but his was stalk and harassed for 90 mins .what they forgot to say his x wifes family were the cops....sometimes divorce and pressure your change your lives
First off, he is the type of guy to kill himself. The type of guy who hid in his ex wifes dollhouse for ten days, then broke into the basement and attacked her while she was washing clothes.

I was there the day he killed himself. He brutally assaulted the ex wife, in front of their two year old son. A couple days later she went to the doctors and found she has broken ribs, from when he was kicking her stomach while she covered their son. He was not harrassed by the police. They negotiated with him trying to save his life. I was there!!!!! He has so many warrants out for his arrest, including grand theft, and owes so many people money, that this was his only way out. You might be the family and are in morning, but the police and everyone else are mourning to. Just because this horrible thing happened, doesnt mean you can blame the police.

What happened was very sad and he was a good person, as his ex wife who he attacked wiill tell you. But he was sick and mentally unstable. That is a reason someone would kill themselves.

Oh and I was also there the nights he would drive by the house many times stalking her.

Your prayers should be with the ex wife who is horrified by what happened, and the two year old son that witnessed it all and keeps repeating "Daddy hit mommy, mommy screamed, we ran to mikes" the neighbor.
FRIEND of Cuccos

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#15 Nov 17, 2008
New Canaan wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and by the way, her family is not the cops, so you obviously dont understand the situation. Her father lives in florida. She is not related to anyone on the police force. And what were you implying????? That the new canaan and norwalk police, who were all there that day, are some crime family that planned to stay there until he hung himself? Thats absurd and bad accusations.

The outcome of this is sad. Why make it worse by blaming others. When a person is sick there is no one to blame.

RIP Pat

and God be with the ex wives and children and rest of the family in CT and Italy
Obamas Brain

Holtsville, NY

#16 Nov 17, 2008
FRIEND of Cuccos wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and by the way, her family is not the cops, so you obviously dont understand the situation. Her father lives in florida. She is not related to anyone on the police force. And what were you implying????? That the new canaan and norwalk police, who were all there that day, are some crime family that planned to stay there until he hung himself? Thats absurd and bad accusations.
The outcome of this is sad. Why make it worse by blaming others. When a person is sick there is no one to blame.
RIP Pat
and God be with the ex wives and children and rest of the family in CT and Italy
Well the police are a gang, there is no doubt about that.
FRIEND of Cuccos

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#17 Nov 17, 2008
Obamas Brain wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the police are a gang, there is no doubt about that.
I think I will assume your joking.
Obamas Brain

Holtsville, NY

#18 Nov 17, 2008
FRIEND of Cuccos wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will assume your joking.
No not at all, have you heard of the 100 club?
norwalk ct

Bethany, CT

#19 Nov 18, 2008
FRIEND of Cuccos wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, he is the type of guy to kill himself. The type of guy who hid in his ex wifes dollhouse for ten days, then broke into the basement and attacked her while she was washing clothes.
I was there the day he killed himself. He brutally assaulted the ex wife, in front of their two year old son. A couple days later she went to the doctors and found she has broken ribs, from when he was kicking her stomach while she covered their son. He was not harrassed by the police. They negotiated with him trying to save his life. I was there!!!!! He has so many warrants out for his arrest, including grand theft, and owes so many people money, that this was his only way out. You might be the family and are in morning, but the police and everyone else are mourning to. Just because this horrible thing happened, doesnt mean you can blame the police.
What happened was very sad and he was a good person, as his ex wife who he attacked wiill tell you. But he was sick and mentally unstable. That is a reason someone would kill themselves.
Oh and I was also there the nights he would drive by the house many times stalking her.
Your prayers should be with the ex wife who is horrified by what happened, and the two year old son that witnessed it all and keeps repeating "Daddy hit mommy, mommy screamed, we ran to mikes" the neighbor.
friend of... i am sincerely asking you, what qualified this man "a good person". although no one person should judge another, he has a very extensive history, since he was a young man, of violence, disregard and disrespect toward women, a criminal record, very extensive history of lying, cheating, not taking psychological,emotional or financial resposibities to or for any one thing or anyone, creating serious pain and significant drama for everyone in his life, most particularly his wives, their children and wives family. perhaps it's your friend who was good or people that wanted to find the good in this man. i am not judging him but trying to comprehend what qualified his extensive history and behaviors as good. still, i pray for his children and now your friend as you mentioned she is horrified by the chain of events and left to pick up the peices as well as being blamed by the family for protecting herself and her children's safety. as a parent, someone that has parents and siblings, regardless of what a family member tries to portray or says is happening in their life, you know your family and if something has always been seriously wrong. all of his behaviors indicated that nothing was right.
westport

Rockville Centre, NY

#20 Nov 22, 2008
You sound like a person who really knew the whole story and as sad as everyone is, my heart goes out to the ex-wife who will have to live with the terror and fear that happenend on that awful day. Police were very upset also after knowing Pat for many years, so my prayers go out to all tha officers involved that day. I am sorry and saddened for all that were there and will never forget all the emotions. God Bless the ex-wife, her children,her family & friends, and all involved, rest in piece Pat...God Bless you
westport

Rockville Centre, NY

#21 Nov 22, 2008
New Canaan wrote:
<quoted text>
A very sad and terrofying day for many, the police were saddened beyond words, what you forgot to mention is that the police knew Pat for many years from being in New Canaan which made this even harder and painful for them. All are sad, please stop blaming, it does no good to hurt people already sad and suffering.
MAKELLIN news

Athens, Greece

#22 Nov 23, 2008
PEACE FOR EVRY PEOPLE AND LOVE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut sees - gay baby boom' 1 hr Harry 35
Old Black Gay Republicn Queen seeks same for ga... (Nov '12) Mon Robby Rob 7
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) Jan 15 Karma 45
News Bridgeport sees shift in demand for office space Jan 14 America Gentleman... 1
News Westport woman charged after throwing pizza at ... Jan 11 Daniels Conscience 5
News Cops: Bridgeport Man Threatened Victim With Sci... Jan 11 America Gentleman... 9
Mortgage Assistance Jan 10 united501 1

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages