Cops: EMT shoots self after domestic ...

Cops: EMT shoots self after domestic incident triggers standoff

There are 2 comments on the Fairfield Citizen-News story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Cops: EMT shoots self after domestic incident triggers standoff. In it, Fairfield Citizen-News reports that:

Fairfield police along with the town's ESU as well as Bridgeport's ESU and officers from Norwalk on scene at a standoff at the Sunny Ridge Condominiums on Sunny Ridge Avenue in Fairfield, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fairfield Citizen-News.

trixiepink

Trumbull, CT

#1 Feb 26, 2013
It is unfortunate that Doug Garni chose to take his own life. It is fortunate though that the girlfriend was unharmed. I knew Mr. Garni very briefly, the span of two weeks perhaps. In that two weeks I too saw his temper in an irate phone call and refused to speak with him again. While he was a person that wanted to help others through his medical occupation, he also had a very selfish side. I recall a story he told me about finding an envelope of money at a gas station. Obviously "someone's mortgage or rent payment" in his words. Rather than bringing it to a bank or the police, he decided it was a gift from the universe and bought himself a tattoo with the money. That story sickened me. He had a lot of emotional baggage that seemed to have caught up with him in the end. I feel the worst for his parents.
Steve

Skokie, IL

#2 Mar 4, 2013
trixiepink wrote:
It is unfortunate that Doug Garni chose to take his own life. It is fortunate though that the girlfriend was unharmed. I knew Mr. Garni very briefly, the span of two weeks perhaps. In that two weeks I too saw his temper in an irate phone call and refused to speak with him again. While he was a person that wanted to help others through his medical occupation, he also had a very selfish side. I recall a story he told me about finding an envelope of money at a gas station. Obviously "someone's mortgage or rent payment" in his words. Rather than bringing it to a bank or the police, he decided it was a gift from the universe and bought himself a tattoo with the money. That story sickened me. He had a lot of emotional baggage that seemed to have caught up with him in the end. I feel the worst for his parents.
So in the span of 2 weeks you feel you can genuinely assess his character through one uncomfortable phone call and story he told? Then publicly post this ignorant opinion days after his death? I'm assuming you work in the health care industry as well, not a very strong display of empathy and compassion in your words. I knew Doug for over 20 years, and while he could get hot headed and argue (as we all can from time to time), his caring spirit and generosity outweighed that exponentially. We live in a world where everyone judges too quickly and without all the facts, please visit don't contribute to that over one resentful phone call. He was in pain and now he's gone, the world is a little darker because of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norwalk police rated the worst in the state 6 hr Lousfool 4
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) Jun 28 What a Queen 291
Looking for a pink Harley Jun 27 facebook update 24
Norwalk's thugs and G-Monies are out showing th... (May '11) Jun 26 ffctguitar 313
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport Jun 25 America Gentleman... 1
Gangstalking Information (May '09) Jun 21 Onthelist 885
Clean waters ! Jun 19 Mike 2015 3

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages