Greenwich lacrosse coach suspended - Greenwich Time

Greenwich High School has suspended its longtime boys varsity lacrosse head coach after he was charged in a drunken-driving incident in 2008, officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Stupid is as stupid does

Stamford, CT

#81 Mar 16, 2009
With people these days scraping to take any job
this A## doenst even realize how great he has it in Greenwich. That aint no chop liver school system. He is beyond foolish for risking all he has. Great teacher or not. Great Coach or not.

To party with teenagers? Ask yourself WHY?
why was he drinking with them? I know what my intentions were when i was drunk at a high school party. It wasnt so moral.
You can belive it was to befriend them sure
But what moral line might he cross next?
Ask yourself if you had an impressional high school daughter, you want him hanging round,Booze and Teens, With his Past Problems..... Fire, Gasoline, anybody connecting the dots????

As for keeping his job, TOO BAD.
To learn a lesson on what you had, you have to lose it. PERIOD
You have to fall HARD and start back on the bottom and crwl back up. otherwise it means nothing and you learn nothing.

He is a teacher. What does he teach, Yeah i know its English. Maybe he can teach Common Sense Class
somewhere down in the BRONX. Cuz he needs a refresher course!
Burke Fan

Centereach, NY

#82 Mar 22, 2009
Paul Burke is one of the finest teachers and coaches Greenwich High School has seen. He not only preaches the importance of winning, but the importance of taking responsibility for your actions, which he is doing right now. However I do realize he has a problem. This should no affect his job as a coach or teacher just like it wouldn't for any other person in this situation. People enjoy talking bad about Greenwich so any person complaining about being talked bad about get used to it. I personally would do anything for Burke and he would do the same for me. In a time like this I think we should support him to get the help he requires rather than rip him apart and set a better example for our children or other people involved. This man's desire for success has been passed on to his students and teachers who have and will go on to be a part of some major things. I'm sure Burke isn't the only educator or coach in the FCIAC and even our own district who has faced legal issues. Where were all of you complainers for the past 10 months that all of this has been going on.
easy out

Stamford, CT

#83 Mar 23, 2009
im sure hes not the only one....

yeah look elsewhere for blame, how childish

please dont use the word great with a drunk with really piss poor judgement.

i love this ...a problem
that is a joke, a problem is on a math test

being drunk and driving is not a problem

IT IS A CHARGABLE OFFENSE

where was i for 10 months
working and raising a family
oh yeah and praying when i come home from somewhere with my child, That some irresponsible jerk isnt on the road comming at me.

i pray for you. Wanting to help is great, step it up friend, You drive him to court, You drive him to work, You drive him to games.

i have to go...Back to leading a responsible life
extremely confused

Jericho, NY

#84 Sep 22, 2009
burke was found at the scene of a crash... he had a .29 BAC taken at the hospital... a history of DUI
What can he say in a court of law that can disprove these fact. Send him to jail and get him away from the kids before they think driving drunk is something you can get CAUGHT for 4 or 5 times and get away with. what is he think pleading not guilty to the charges just because he doesn't remember it does mean it didn't happen.
Abolish The Fed

Clifton, NJ

#85 Sep 22, 2009
extremely confused wrote:
burke was found at the scene of a crash... he had a .29 BAC taken at the hospital... a history of DUI
What can he say in a court of law that can disprove these fact. Send him to jail and get him away from the kids before they think driving drunk is something you can get CAUGHT for 4 or 5 times and get away with. what is he think pleading not guilty to the charges just because he doesn't remember it does mean it didn't happen.
Challenging the actual BAC test.
extremely confused

Jericho, NY

#86 Sep 24, 2009
so he would have to prove that the results got mixed up with another person?
relaxer

Neptune, NJ

#87 Feb 1, 2010
FIrst of all you guys are reading the papers and not knowing the truth at all, There were so many flaws in this case and a lot of lies. He is a good person, amazing teacher and a outstanding coach. I have seen teachers done much worse before and still keep there jobs. Its only because it is in Greenwich, but in the city they send you to a building where you do nothing if this happens. I just don't think it is fair to ruin a persons life and take away everything.
the truth

Wayne, NJ

#88 Feb 1, 2010
relaxer wrote:
FIrst of all you guys are reading the papers and not knowing the truth at all, There were so many flaws in this case and a lot of lies. He is a good person, amazing teacher and a outstanding coach. I have seen teachers done much worse before and still keep there jobs. Its only because it is in Greenwich, but in the city they send you to a building where you do nothing if this happens. I just don't think it is fair to ruin a persons life and take away everything.
so, why don't you explain to the clueless what the truth is, and of course, all the flaws and lies too? the only one that ruined his life is himself...maybe he should have learned a lesson after the first DUI, or perhaps, the second DUI...third times a charm!
KindlerGentler

United States

#89 Feb 26, 2010
Don't believe the newspapers.
KittyKat

Warwick, NY

#90 Mar 4, 2010
You got that right.
Bad teacher

Wilmington, NC

#91 Dec 12, 2013
What's the big deal. Give the dude a break.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,140
Jaguar, Land Rover dealer proposed for Fairfiel... 6 hr American Gentlema... 4
First Selectman Peter Tesei. 9 hr Mike g Papa 1
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Sun Cottinz Pickinz 339
go to Thurmont MD (Nov '09) Dec 18 Fuckyoudanielfitz... 4
Norwalk's thugs and G-Monies are out showing th... (May '11) Dec 16 Al Sharpton 308
Stormwater management in connecticut Dec 16 Mike g Papa 1

New Canaan News Video

New Canaan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Canaan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Canaan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Canaan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:07 pm PST

NFL 3:07PM
Geno Smith: Jets coaching 'change could be good'
Yahoo! Sports 4:56 PM
Jets' Ryan 'not worried' about possible firing
ESPN 5:28 PM
Jets' Smith: Coaching change 'could be good'
NBC Sports 5:41 PM
Fisher anticipates no fines from brawl with Giants - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 5:44 PM
Michael Jordan texts with Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. about how to be great