Stamford Civil Servants Paid Over $100K
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PubliusTi

Berlin, Germany

#22 Apr 21, 2013
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>........ Actually the IRS just had its' 100th birthday. In 1913 it was 1% and people didn't like it then. We might be legitimate in our Constitution and process of Gov't, formerly the best damn one in the world. What makes it former is that we have no legitimate representation. They're a bunch of lying crooks. They gave Ernie, a convicted felon what, 1/4 million $$ in tax money to run for office? Ayala is allowed to stay? Our taxes are paying a top heavy inbred political society that doesn't represent us, they see us as minions to give them money. So get real and trim that budget! YOU try to even get on a ticket, a lot of towns you can't because they won't let you, go try the paperwork professor!
What's the matter, CTM, "they" won't let you on "the ticket"? Who are they? IF you really represent significant numbers of voters, form your own party. Weicker did it. Lieberman did it. Perot did it. IF you have what it takes to run for ofice, find some supporters, raise some money, file the papers and make your Case.

Or are you just a drugstore cowboy, who whines in here anonymously, but can't talk in public? It's easy to tear down public officials when you have no record, no name, and no clear policies.
Voluntarist

United States

#23 Apr 21, 2013
PubliusTi wrote:
So we move from political theory to sociological theory. Man, from his inception has been a social animal, forming first famioy groups, then tribal groups, then small city-states and ultimately nations. This has happened all over the world in vastly disparate cultures.
Now, although the vast majority of humans adapts well to group socialization, not every individual does. There have always been "hermit" types who see themselves functioning best outside the normal range of social relationships. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but it is not the norm.
The question, then, is to what extent should the great majority of socialized humans adapt to the non-social preferences of the small minority? Most Americans, e.g., feel themselves bound by their allegiance to their country and its constitution; most Americans feel themsleves to be a part of a nation with a set of processes that has come down over 200 years.
You are welcome to set yourself aside and reject that constitution, that social contract, and choose to be a loner, though i wonder if you refuse to ride on streeets paved by the government, or call on police when you need them, or the fire department when your house is burning. Since you do not accept that you might be bound to the idea of a nation, i wonder why you woud respond if the nation were attacked, or woud you hide behind the fiction that the attack was"provoked".
There are, btw, several countries where govt has failed and there is much more individual "freedom", like Somalia. Somehow i suspect you would be even less happy there, despite having no effective tax laws.
What facts do you rely on that I or anyone else is under the authority of this so called "social contract" which im not sure of any legal authority authorizing such a contract.
CTM

United States

#24 Apr 21, 2013
Worse, not only is he abrogating his role to advise, represent, and defend the state of Connecticut, his office is now suing the state. The high-profile case involves Cross Sound Cable Co. and represents an unprecedented power grab. Blumenthal sued to stop a cable being laid between Long Island and New Haven on environmental grounds. The suit was brought against the Connecticut Siting Council, the state agency that approved the cable. Just as in the case decided by the supreme court, Blumenthal filed the lawsuit in his own name, not on behalf of a state agency charged with these policy decisions.

Blumenthal claims that there is precedent for state agencies to sue each other, and indeed there is when lines of authority conflict. Try as they might, legislatures cannot foresee all possible conflicts. Courts step in to determine not who made the "correct" policy decision, but who has the actual authority. What Blumenthal wants, however, is something quite different. Instead of having legislators resolving policy differences, Blumenthal would make himself and the courts the final arbiter over policy.

The grab for power also crosses ethical lines. Two of the law firms that Blumenthal contracted with to sue the tobacco companies were run separately by his former law partner and his partner's wife. Blumenthal's defenders claim that other law firms simply didn't want the job. In a Connecticut Law Tribune article, however, a few lawyers disagreed, one complaining that "we didn't ever get a meeting" with the attorney general's office and another saying that his firm wasn't included despite agreeing to the state's contractual terms. Blumenthal's former partner, David Golub, acknowledged, "I know how it 'looks' he's my former partner ..."

Yet, whatever the concerns about Blumenthal giving a contract to a former partner, where did he get the authority at the time the contracts were negotiated to commit the state to pay private attorneys a sum then estimated to be more than $250 million?

During 12 years in office, Blumenthal has grown arrogant. People in and out of state government are afraid of him and are scared to publicly speak about their experiences. The state supreme court has better uses of its time than to monitor the behavior of an out-of-control attorney general.

John Lott is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

----------
CTM

United States

#25 Apr 21, 2013
PubliusTi wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter, CTM, "they" won't let you on "the ticket"? Who are they? IF you really represent significant numbers of voters, form your own party. Weicker did it. Lieberman did it. Perot did it. IF you have what it takes to run for ofice, find some supporters, raise some money, file the papers and make your Case.
Or are you just a drugstore cowboy, who whines in here anonymously, but can't talk in public? It's easy to tear down public officials when you have no record, no name, and no clear policies.
.......First the second half of the Blumenthal Partner interview. Topix keeps taking stuff down. So are you really in Berlin? Lots of rocks to criticize from a half a world away. And you idiot Weicker and Lieberman did it AFTER being elected, they just changed parties. And yes I have seen people refused candidacy over a minor paper flaw, yet crooked, even convicted insiders here in Ct. get taxpayers money to campaign. "They" who refused and blocked people from "the ticket" are crooked insiders themselves. Clerks with vested interests in keeping certain politicians in power so the dam of felonies won't burst. Blumenthal is even elected illegally as Senator since his filing to run was so very badly botched it's illegal, yet overlooked. Would be able to do it like Perrot, just need that much money. Glad to state these facts to your face anyday.
PubliusTi

Berlin, Germany

#26 Apr 21, 2013
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>.......First the second half of the Blumenthal Partner interview. Topix keeps taking stuff down. So are you really in Berlin? Lots of rocks to criticize from a half a world away. And you idiot Weicker and Lieberman did it AFTER being elected, they just changed parties. And yes I have seen people refused candidacy over a minor paper flaw, yet crooked, even convicted insiders here in Ct. get taxpayers money to campaign. "They" who refused and blocked people from "the ticket" are crooked insiders themselves. Clerks with vested interests in keeping certain politicians in power so the dam of felonies won't burst. Blumenthal is even elected illegally as Senator since his filing to run was so very badly botched it's illegal, yet overlooked. Would be able to do it like Perrot, just need that much money. Glad to state these facts to your face anyday.
1. I'm still trying to figure out what your rant about Blumenthal has to do with the annual salaries of Stamord employees. See Topic article.

2. You aren't aware that the location is controlled by your ISP, not by where you live? Do you lve in Sandy Hook? How many posters are located at "United States"

3. Weicker and Lieberman were state wide candidates. Yes, that would be hard for a third pary newcomer, though Jesse Ventura did it. But if you can follow the context of the discussion. it was about local candidacies. In Stamford this year, there is an opportunity for a sound "outsider" candidate to run on a reform platform. So far all the candidats are well established politicians with records of incresing taxes. Let's see if anyone comes forward and runs on an ant-union platform.

4. If you can't find 100 friends and relatives who will give you $100 each to fund a local candidacy for starters, you don.t have much chance gettting elected to dogcatcher.

5. Frankly, I'm tired of blowhards who talk big but never put hemselves on the line. Google "the man in the arena" and see what TR had to say about that.
CTM

United States

#27 Apr 23, 2013
PubliusTi wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm still trying to figure out what your rant about Blumenthal has to do with the annual salaries of Stamord employees. See Topic article.
2. You aren't aware that the location is controlled by your ISP, not by where you live? Do you lve in Sandy Hook? How many posters are located at "United States"
3. Weicker and Lieberman were state wide candidates. Yes, that would be hard for a third pary newcomer, though Jesse Ventura did it. But if you can follow the context of the discussion. it was about local candidacies. In Stamford this year, there is an opportunity for a sound "outsider" candidate to run on a reform platform. So far all the candidats are well established politicians with records of incresing taxes. Let's see if anyone comes forward and runs on an ant-union platform4. If you can't find 100 friends and relatives who will give you $100 each to fund a local candidacy for starters, you don.t have much chance gettting elected to dogcatcher.
5. Frankly, I'm tired of blowhards who talk big but never put hemselves on the line. Google "the man in the arena" and see what TR had to say about that.
..........Try reading, it can be very enlightening. Think the 100K is bad? Blumy gave his ex partner 1/4 billion $$, gee, why are we in debt? As A.G. for the state, do you really think that was civil? Ventura started with millions of $$ and the other 2 were already in. I've watched as people were denied candidacy over trivial paper flaws yet Blumenthal did some illegal paperwork and it was overlooked. So that point is even with money the crooked powers that be don't want new or even close to honest people on the ticket and will make sure to keep that status quo running the way they want. The corruption in this state is much deeper than a handful of politicians, it's the people who are in charge of the operations and their employees as well. How else do you expect to streamline crooked road contracts out on an assembly line? How else do you expect to dump millions of cubic yards of poisonous debris and still have the tests say the area is safe. How do you expect supply contracts to be approved and paid for stuff we most likely will never use? So let me know how you get the backing to even get on the ticket when that is clearly fixed. Don't forget you will need the graveyard vote to win as well.
Bacigalupe

Stamford, CT

#28 May 3, 2013
PubliusTi wrote:
So we move from political theory to sociological theory. Man, from his inception has been a social animal, forming first famioy groups, then tribal groups, then small city-states and ultimately nations. This has happened all over the world in vastly disparate cultures.
Now, although the vast majority of humans adapts well to group socialization, not every individual does. There have always been "hermit" types who see themselves functioning best outside the normal range of social relationships. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but it is not the norm.
The question, then, is to what extent should the great majority of socialized humans adapt to the non-social preferences of the small minority? Most Americans, e.g., feel themselves bound by their allegiance to their country and its constitution; most Americans feel themsleves to be a part of a nation with a set of processes that has come down over 200 years.
You are welcome to set yourself aside and reject that constitution, that social contract, and choose to be a loner, though i wonder if you refuse to ride on streeets paved by the government, or call on police when you need them, or the fire department when your house is burning. Since you do not accept that you might be bound to the idea of a nation, i wonder why you woud respond if the nation were attacked, or woud you hide behind the fiction that the attack was"provoked".
There are, btw, several countries where govt has failed and there is much more individual "freedom", like Somalia. Somehow i suspect you would be even less happy there, despite having no effective tax laws.
You are correct - taxes are confiscation - I cant choose to not pay them, or I will be put in jail
http://mises.org/media/7929/Taxes-and-History
Voluntarist

United States

#29 May 3, 2013
Bacigalupe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct - taxes are confiscation - I cant choose to not pay them, or I will be put in jail
http://mises.org/media/7929/Taxes-and-History
Theft is a more approprite term, only thing that is missing is the mask.
Can you imagine if everyone conducted business the way government does?
CTM

United States

#30 May 3, 2013
More money is stolen with a pen than a gun. So how do we get rid of these crooks? I don't even know the last time McKinney was even challenged for a vote. I'd really like to know how much money was stolen during his time as Appropriations Commitee Chairman.
Voluntarist

United States

#31 May 4, 2013
CTM wrote:
More money is stolen with a pen than a gun. So how do we get rid of these crooks? I don't even know the last time McKinney was even challenged for a vote. I'd really like to know how much money was stolen during his time as Appropriations Commitee Chairman.
Foia requests are your friend.

check out

http://www.cafrman.com/
CTM

United States

#32 May 5, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Foia requests are your friend.
check out
http://www.cafrman.com/
........ Interesting, Connecticut is not on the list. FOI requests are actually ignored a lot in this state. This is Blumenthal leaving a trail of inequity behind. I got lucky with a lot of the documents I have, many no longer exist in the system. They washed them out a long time ago. Blumenthal changed courts for some stuff, dismissed cases and emptied the files. Newtowns' Town Hall has been committing felonies like this for years but with the protection of the A.G.s office, whoyagonnacall?
CTM

United States

#33 May 6, 2013
PubliusTi wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm still trying to figure out what your rant about Blumenthal has to do with the annual salaries of Stamord employees. See Topic article.
2. You aren't aware that the location is controlled by your ISP, not by where you live? Do you lve in Sandy Hook? How many posters are located at "United States"
3. Weicker and Lieberman were state wide candidates. Yes, that would be hard for a third pary newcomer, though Jesse Ventura did it. But if you can follow the context of the discussion. it was about local candidacies. In Stamford this year, there is an opportunity for a sound "outsider" candidate to run on a reform platform. So far all the candidats are well established politicians with records of incresing taxes. Let's see if anyone comes forward and runs on an ant-union platform.
4. If you can't find 100 friends and relatives who will give you $100 each to fund a local candidacy for starters, you don.t have much chance gettting elected to dogcatcher.
5. Frankly, I'm tired of blowhards who talk big but never put hemselves on the line. Google "the man in the arena" and see what TR had to say about that.
........ Missed your second question. I am 3-4 miles from the shooting site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cost projections spike for bigger Norwalk - mal... Thu Paul Revere 3
News Man sentenced in 9/11 fraud case (Nov '08) Wed pietrh001 65
News Backlog of DNA samples may hamper JonBenet case (Jul '08) Aug 15 Tex- 36
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) Aug 15 Jeff 38
News Westport Gets A New Chef-Driven Restaurant With... Aug 10 BPT 1
WOW Norwalk police department rated the worst ... (Nov '15) Aug 9 Robdny 14
News How to take advantage of CT - Free Fishing Lice... Aug 9 WorkAvoider 2

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages