Rutgers webcam sentence renews questi...

Rutgers webcam sentence renews questions about application of hate crime laws

There are 2 comments on the KNUS-AM Aurora story from May 22, 2012, titled Rutgers webcam sentence renews questions about application of hate crime laws. In it, KNUS-AM Aurora reports that:

Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNUS-AM Aurora.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 May 22, 2012
30 days in jail? You can get more than that for jaywalking!
Christsharian Law

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 22, 2012
The claim was bias intimidation, not that it was a hate crime.

There's no serious re examination of hate crimes laws themselves except for amongst the usual, right wing bigots and their allied gay, white, male conservative or faux libertarian brethren.

I don't think the convicted felon is going to wind up with that 30 day slap on the wrist. He'll wind up with something more in keeping with guidelines even without the bias intimidation charge. A year or two in prison would be my guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Victory Bridge jumper survives icy plunge after... (Jan '11) 17 hr Davereeves 15
News Lakewood SCHI founder pleads not guilty to corr... 19 hr club159-160 1
Gay Teens Jersey Shore Area meetup/hookup May 23 Jwassup60 3
News AG criticizes ICE arrests of immigrants as kids... May 13 Heywood Feinstein 3
What is the DEAL With Verizon FIOS? When will t... (Apr '09) Apr '18 FED UP WITH COMCAST 29
Motel 6 Apr '18 Jermey 1
Any Bisexual/Gay Teens Near South River NJ? (Nov '16) Apr '18 HELPING Hand 8

New Brunswick Jobs

Personal Finance

New Brunswick Mortgages