Defunct Twin Cities gang unit long in disarray

Full story: TwinCities.com

As far back as 2002, Minneapolis police officials worried that Metro Gang Strike Force officers were mishandling evidence yet did nothing to address the problems.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hope

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

With the embattled Fletcher and Ryan removed, the unit now has a chance of operating with some level of ethical profesionalism.

It's about time.
Mike

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Since when does government give a rats a** about anyones civil liberties? They violate people's right every day but they do it in ways that are too hard to prove so they egt away with it.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Mr. Hanners, thank you for consistently shining the light of truth on the corruption of the task force and associated MPD members. You deserve a Pulitzer for your determination and integrity in following this disturbing lead in all its directions.

Sincerely,
Zen Birdist
Former Deputy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

If Fletcher is involved in any way, he will bring in his dirty crowd like Ron Ryan. He must not be involved. It doesn't sound like Smith wants him at St Paul. This loose cannon is quite the liability!!!
Jensen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

In 2010 Fletcher defended his unit by saying they were only guilty of "sloppy bookeeping." (wink wink)

Maybe BOB FLETCHER should have put less focus on Morre and Fionney and focused more on the people's business.
Lie-done

Stacy, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Follow the money.

tub of goo..........
beckl

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

ron ryan sr is a fraud....this is the guy who needs to be held accountable period. what a douche
Captain Quint

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Jensen wrote:
In 2010 Fletcher defended his unit by saying they were only guilty of "sloppy bookeeping." (wink wink)
Maybe BOB FLETCHER should have put less focus on Morre and Fionney and focused more on the people's business.
funny how "sloppy bookeeping" always happens when you don't want people to know what you're really doing.
wow

Clear Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

$80,000.00? How was O'Rourke damaged? Would love to see how squeaky clean his police file is??

Since: Apr 10

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Hope wrote:
With the embattled Fletcher and Ryan removed, the unit now has a chance of operating with some level of ethical profesionalism.
It's about time.
The unit no longer exists. Last year, when Michael Campion found out what was going on, he disbanded the Metro Gang Strike Force.
Tommy Smith

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

My good friend Bill Finney, former police chief in St. Paul and I were talking the other day. I asked Bill what did he ever do to stop the gang issues in St. Paul and he responded, Tommy I only attended one meeting and I let the others worry about it. I got to drive in that Black Bronco I took from those drug runners who didn't pay me. Say how is Todd Axtell doing? Todd was one of my best guys to look after my drug running thugs. I even put him in charge of the Vice Unit. Todd knows many of my good drug running buddies.

Smith you owe me big time so does Bostrom. I will collect. Bill Finney
Question more

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Jolly_Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
The unit no longer exists. Last year, when Michael Campion found out what was going on, he disbanded the Metro Gang Strike Force.
Still curious as to why Fletcher was not mentioned anywhere in this article?
Mary in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

This is a huge "black eye" on the law enforcement community. I have known several people that have worked and still work in law enforcement and give there life to there duty. It is sad day for them. As they say 1 bad apple will ruin the whole bunch. Unfortunatly it seems that there was a whole bunch of rotten apples this time.
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

If in fact these officers who were from different units banded together by the MSF were really above board, honest, respectable officers, don't you think there would have been more than one raising a red flag that something was really wrong? The fact that only one stood up and they settled with him says a lot about the rest of the bunch. Maybe that's why there's never been a list of the officers who were involved. No one would ever trust any of them with anything ever again.
Jacqueline

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

A police department that will not cast out its liars, thugs, crooks, and creeps, will be known by them. Mpls and St. Paul Police departments, CLEAN UP YOUR RANKS!!!
Channel 5 guy

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

For once a very nicely written article with a lot of information. But none of it is a suprise to me, I think there is a lot more to uncover if you follow all the cars they took and many are still missing and or sold to inside sources for pennies on the dollar. I think the funniest fact of the whole situation is the government morons have not charge anyone but they have set up a 3.5 million dollar fund the pay people they victimized????? Why are we paying people but not convicting or at least firing the cops that did it??
I would

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

wow wrote:
$80,000.00? How was O'Rourke damaged? Would love to see how squeaky clean his police file is??
have like to see a joint story from David Hammers & Randy Furst into the MGSF. Narcotics is abillion dollAR BUSINESS. This story is beyonD officer O'Rourke. The fact that the FBI, U. S. Attorney and County attorney prevented a full scale investigation shows that there are bigger players involved in this scandal such as politicians, US attorneys, organized crime and law enforcment leaders.
duh

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

The entire oversight board is responsible! Campion had Bob Bushman out there inspecting for him making sure procedures were followed and he passed them with flying colors!! The entire oversight board should have known. They should have created evidence handling and storage procedures. There was not even a records management system or report writing protocol. You cannot blame the cops if you are not willing to blame everone with a role in the unit. Campion really knew nothing about this??? I call BS. He never wanted the metro gang strike force. He was always around there and definately knew what was up.
Lily

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Jolly_Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, we no longer have a metro gangy strike force.
Time for a change!
We need an ethical, accountable, and effective force against the gang violence in our communities.
Free The Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Do the crime and you won't do the time because Mike will Free The Man. Mike Freeman is yet another political hack who is so overmatched that he he'd be better off trying to charge a battery rather than Ryan, Fletcher or the 100's of other criminals. Hey Ron, ya think your son is proud of you now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Brighton Discussions

Search the New Brighton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Xperience Fitness, Blaine - Golds gym location (Jan '13) Wed Tom 17
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Weldy 845
St. Paul single-sort recycling begins April 7 Mar 28 Trigger Guard 9
Minnesota House panel talks $15M for pothole re... Mar 26 Joe Blow 2
Was Don Ness Racecraft Closed by the IRS (Aug '09) Mar '14 Harry Bawlz Jr 5
Review: Lee's Champion Taekwondo Academy Mar '14 PARENTof LCTA KIDS 1
$50K reward offered in case of missing Falcon H... (Feb '10) Feb '14 ksj 39
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Brighton Jobs

•••
•••