Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 24599 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

justasayin

Greer, SC

#18710 Jun 30, 2013
"Homeless numbers grow in L.A. County
The number of homeless people in Los Angeles County jumped by 16% over the last two years, fueled by lingering economic devastation from the recession and rising rents and housing prices, according to a survey released Friday.

The sharp increase from 50,000 to more than 58,000 homeless people marked a departure from counts in 2011 and 2012, which showed reductions of 3% to 7% over previous years. And it came despite hundreds of millions of dollars in government aid pouring into the county each year to get people off the streets."
Hey BF, why don't you buy some of those bonds and help out the homeless. "Gov. Jerry Brown approved California's new budget Thursday, changing very little of the $96.3-billion spending plan before signing it into law.He eliminated a measure that would have increased transparency at the Judiciary Council, the policymaking branch of the state court system. Brown's finance director, Ana Matosantos, said it would have cost the courts too much, though she said she did not have a specific estimate.

The measure "doesn't appear to be warranted or necessary at this time," she said" That's great, got rid of accountability, the homeless will be saved. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-brown...
justasayin

Greer, SC

#18711 Jun 30, 2013
California Gov. Jerry Brown, legislators granted 5.2% raises
Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill allowing more closed-door meetings
You just can't make it up.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18712 Jun 30, 2013
justasayin wrote:
OMG, did I just hear that they let the Vice President call Ecuador? The White House has lost it's mind. What did he say, ""I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you,". BTW, where has he been for 7 months?
I don't think Snowden has anything to worry about with Biden, The Court Jester on his case. Biden is dumber than dirt and only good for a laugh.

They probably keep him locked up under the White House when they don't need him for a "special" mission. There is probably only so much shame that even this worthless administration can endure. LOL

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18713 Jun 30, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Your correct, gardens are great for your health. I get to pick jalapenos, strawberries and sugar snap peas today. I've been around a garden all my life. I've lived in a condo to an RV to a house and I have always been able to grow something. I think people think it's a lot of work when really it doesn't have to be.
It's the work of a garden that keeps people alive, and I'm very fond of organic food.
Yee Haw

Dallas, TX

#18714 Jun 30, 2013
YEE HAW! Perry for President!
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#18715 Jun 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!
Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!

Upset? Your vote for Obama is commendable from your bright side as the Tea is commendable from your dark side. Ha, ha..
Shakespeare occasionally. One passage that sticks with me of his is What a piece of work is a man.
How noble and reason
How infinite in faculties’
In form and movement
How expressed and admirable
In action how like an angel
In apprehension like God
The beauty of the world
In Para gram of the animals
And yet to me
What is this grotesque’ creature…. dust
Man delights not me.
Shakespeare
Listening to music is entertaining. Johnny Denver, Eric Clapton, Bee Gee’s, Beethoven, The Doors, Shubert, Bach, Garth, BB, Louis Armstrong, a small sampling of how I like to mix it up. Like to get the Lead out if you know what I mean.
We are not all blind and the universe is not full of paradoxes. It is our failure to fully comprehend the full nature of the truths of the universe’s laws. Just as it is with these religions. Paradoxes illuminates a flaw in our comprehension and an area of interest. Even the simple term of existence can be viewed as multifaceted definition . I assure you there is very little that will upset me. Emotional activity within me is subdued to what I consider trivial. Except for humor gotta have that..
Simon

Lockhart, TX

#18716 Jun 30, 2013
Well bravo!!!
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#18717 Jun 30, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you get a lot of your info from books. I didn't realize that "Dick and Jane", "Peter Rabbit" and other children's books were such a treasure trove of information. You are just into your second childhood.
Hunting and fishing isn't my only interests. Solar Photovoltaic systems are also my hobby. Not that it is any of your business, but I built a workshop in the backyard and powered it with a stand alone solar panel and battery system. It will be expanded upon to supply electricity to
the house.
Unlike you, I learn things of practical value. Maybe you should stick to building bird houses and leave real thinking to adults.


LOL you still do not realize what books I read. Sometimes I do read those books for the grandkids, that you mentioned. However that is less than .01% of what I read.
Congratulations on your Solar Green Garden. That’s how I started as well. First the workshop then on to the house. Recently just picked up a 2,000 watt pure wave inverter to add on.
Bird house yup have one of those as well but if you remember I first mentioned to you my interest in building things way back when I was making my own solar panels from solar cells on up. Most of the substrates for the panels were free as I was simply making them from what people were discarding. Remember…? Getting old has its lapses don’t they?
Real thinking is what some think they are doing when actually they are merely rearranging their prejudices…
Hey now try a food garden. That can be an interesting add on hobby as well. I have some 2nd and third generation plants still going, as well as the everyday varieties.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18718 Jun 30, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!
Upset? Your vote for Obama is commendable from your bright side as the Tea is commendable from your dark side. Ha, ha..
Shakespeare occasionally. One passage that sticks with me of his is What a piece of work is a man.
How noble and reason
How infinite in faculties’
In form and movement
How expressed and admirable
In action how like an angel
In apprehension like God
The beauty of the world
In Para gram of the animals
And yet to me
What is this grotesque’ creature…. dust
Man delights not me.
Shakespeare
Listening to music is entertaining. Johnny Denver, Eric Clapton, Bee Gee’s, Beethoven, The Doors, Shubert, Bach, Garth, BB, Louis Armstrong, a small sampling of how I like to mix it up. Like to get the Lead out if you know what I mean.
We are not all blind and the universe is not full of paradoxes. It is our failure to fully comprehend the full nature of the truths of the universe’s laws. Just as it is with these religions. Paradoxes illuminates a flaw in our comprehension and an area of interest. Even the simple term of existence can be viewed as multifaceted definition . I assure you there is very little that will upset me. Emotional activity within me is subdued to what I consider trivial. Except for humor gotta have that..
never could connect with John Denver.I find great beauty in paradox.paradox keeps me humble!!I find the complexity of existence to be awe inspiring.quantum mechanics is a beautiful thing! the concept of entropy and the arrow of time are two things I find to be fascinating."Break on through to the Other Side"!! The speed of light can't be exceeded. Yet, if the Big Bang is to be believed, the Universe expanded from the size of a subatomic particle to the size of the earth so quickly that it exceeded the speed of light. What is reality? Will entropy always prevail? Some physicists say that there are 11 dimensions. The gravity of a supermassive black hole can bend light waves. The brains of Neanderthals were bigger than the brains of Cro Magnons. There was a shark that ate whales, and an even bigger whale that ate that monster. Why was Leonardo Da Vinci so far ahead of his time? Questions. Tell me Forand. Truly. Is the human imagination not a wonderful thing??

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18719 Jun 30, 2013
I believe that one of the main problems on topix is the fact that people constantly dehumanize people that they do not agree with on politics. We all travel different roads so it's not difficult to understand why people arrive at different conclusions.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#18720 Jun 30, 2013
justasayin wrote:
"Homeless numbers grow in L.A. County
before signing it into law.He eliminated a measure that would have The measure "doesn't appear to be warranted or necessary at this time," she said" That's great, got rid of accountability, the homeless will be saved. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-brown...
I have already addressed this issue. Growing inequality in the USA is the bottom line culprit to what is causing these economic disparities. As time permits I will comment some more later on. On the growing inequality and its devastating impacts to our security as a nation. Presently here is one small tid bit of where the USA presently stands on inequality.
Gini is a measurement that is used to identify, mathematically, the inequality of individual nations. A rating of one {1} is considered perfect inequality, as a rating of zero {0} is perfect equality.
Nations such as Germany, Norway and Sweden have a Gini of .3 or less.
South Africa and Latin America have a .5 or above.
USA’s Gini in 1980 was .4 Presently it is at 4.7. This is according to the U.N.’s data. Rendering the USA in the category of nations such as Iran and Turkey.
USA’s inequality may be even worse than what the Gini indicates. In the advanced industrial nations, such as may be found in Europe and the Scandinavian countries, their citizens have Universal Education, Universal Health Care from birth to death and large safety nets for securing the laborer’s income security. Where in as the USA, middle class on down have none of these benefits or a small fraction there of. Increasing the insecurity of their citizens in their jobs, homes, education and health.
Insecurity is manifested and fueled by the inequality factor. Greater the inequality the greater is the demise of that nation’s ability to survive in competition with an advanced industrial opponent. Insecurity will manifest emotional dysfunctional laborers quick to rebel. Productivity decreases.
Simply look around to the various nations and observe. Observe those that had a less or no recessions say during 2000 and 2013 that would be a good indicator they are doing something better than US.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#18721 Jun 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>never could connect with John Denver.I find great beauty in paradox.paradox keeps me humble!!I find the complexity of existence to be awe inspiring.quantum mechanics is a beautiful thing! the concept of entropy and the arrow of time are two things I find to be fascinating."Break on through to the Other Side"!! The speed of light can't be exceeded. Yet, if the Big Bang is to be believed, the Universe expanded from the size of a subatomic particle to the size of the earth so quickly that it exceeded the speed of light. What is reality? Will entropy always prevail? Some physicists say that there are 11 dimensions. The gravity of a supermassive black hole can bend light waves. The brains of Neanderthals were bigger than the brains of Cro Magnons. There was a shark that ate whales, and an even bigger whale that ate that monster. Why was Leonardo Da Vinci so far ahead of his time? Questions. Tell me Forand. Truly. Is the human imagination not a wonderful thing??


Alas as you there are some music that does not resonate well with me. Rap and most commercial jazz to name a couple. That is to be expected. Not all tuning forks resonate to the same pitch as well as living organisms do not adhere to the same fundamentals of existence.
We could discuss the whale issue you brought up as today we still have sharks that eat whales but I I know what prehistoric creatures you are alluding to. LOL ha, ha and to think the meek shall inherit..{Viruses, Bacteria, Microorganisms‘, etc.}
Black holes! Bend light AND Time.“Imagine that you can never have enough time to fall into a black hole? That all information falling in is imprinted forevermore within the event horizon. Singularity is then preserved as an absolute void. For this is the end my only friend the end…Ha-ha The void is it superior in eternity than the material universe or living consciousness? Hmm stay tuned..
Is the imagination of all species’ a wonderful thing? Good question, presently can not IMAGINE why not… LOL
justasayin

Greer, SC

#18722 Jun 30, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already addressed this issue. Growing inequality in the USA is the bottom line culprit to what is causing these economic disparities. As time permits I will comment some more later on. On the growing inequality and its devastating impacts to our security as a nation. Presently here is one small tid bit of where the USA presently stands on inequality.
Gini is a measurement that is used to identify, mathematically, the inequality of individual nations. A rating of one {1} is considered perfect inequality, as a rating of zero {0} is perfect equality.
Nations such as Germany, Norway and Sweden have a Gini of .3 or less.
South Africa and Latin America have a .5 or above.
USA’s Gini in 1980 was .4 Presently it is at 4.7. This is according to the U.N.’s data. Rendering the USA in the category of nations such as Iran and Turkey.
USA’s inequality may be even worse than what the Gini indicates. In the advanced industrial nations, such as may be found in Europe and the Scandinavian countries, their citizens have Universal Education, Universal Health Care from birth to death and large safety nets for securing the laborer’s income security. Where in as the USA, middle class on down have none of these benefits or a small fraction there of. Increasing the insecurity of their citizens in their jobs, homes, education and health.
Insecurity is manifested and fueled by the inequality factor. Greater the inequality the greater is the demise of that nation’s ability to survive in competition with an advanced industrial opponent. Insecurity will manifest emotional dysfunctional laborers quick to rebel. Productivity decreases.
Simply look around to the various nations and observe. Observe those that had a less or no recessions say during 2000 and 2013 that would be a good indicator they are doing something better than US.
You fool, you NEVER address AN issue, you ramble until no one even remembers what the crap you were talking about. You ever hear the saying "less is better". Ramblings do not mean intelligent.
justasayin

Greer, SC

#18723 Jun 30, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas as you there are some music that does not resonate well with me. Rap and most commercial jazz to name a couple. That is to be expected. Not all tuning forks resonate to the same pitch as well as living organisms do not adhere to the same fundamentals of existence.
We could discuss the whale issue you brought up as today we still have sharks that eat whales but I I know what prehistoric creatures you are alluding to. LOL ha, ha and to think the meek shall inherit..{Viruses, Bacteria, Microorganisms‘, etc.}
Black holes! Bend light AND Time.“Imagine that you can never have enough time to fall into a black hole? That all information falling in is imprinted forevermore within the event horizon. Singularity is then preserved as an absolute void. For this is the end my only friend the end…Ha-ha The void is it superior in eternity than the material universe or living consciousness? Hmm stay tuned..
Is the imagination of all species’ a wonderful thing? Good question, presently can not IMAGINE why not… LOL
Thank you Buddha.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18724 Jun 30, 2013
Forand you are forgetting that other nations don't have our huge defense budget. Sweden and Denmark for instance. Nor do they labor under the added burden of taking care of medical problems for illegal immigrants, which we do here in America (usually our ER's).

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18725 Jun 30, 2013
Perhaps America should only be compared to other large industrial countries have populations over two hundred million. What do you think Forand?
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#18726 Jun 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I believe that one of the main problems on topix is the fact that people constantly dehumanize people that they do not agree with on politics. We all travel different roads so it's not difficult to understand why people arrive at different conclusions.
Notice your comment has what could be considered a universal truth.{Emmanuel Kant} A political theorist that expressed interest in such ideologies, as universal truths; Considered that, assimilations of such truths will some day be the framework of the infrastructure to political fundamentals in the forming of their policies. Now there is a guy with imagination that we could garnish food for adding more to our imaginations engineering of globalization prospects. AND there are few more, similar to him, with stimulating imaginative imaginations. Beyond the mundane everyday soap opera imaginations and their constant recycling sitcoms, that we are bombarded with day in and day out. Its been a long days night… la la, de, da…I’m singing, in the rain and dancing on sunshine. Hmm imagine that. Somewhere over the rainbow….. I belive that our children are our future, treat them well....

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18727 Jun 30, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice your comment has what could be considered a universal truth.{Emmanuel Kant} A political theorist that expressed interest in such ideologies, as universal truths; Considered that, assimilations of such truths will some day be the framework of the infrastructure to political fundamentals in the forming of their policies. Now there is a guy with imagination that we could garnish food for adding more to our imaginations engineering of globalization prospects. AND there are few more, similar to him, with stimulating imaginative imaginations. Beyond the mundane everyday soap opera imaginations and their constant recycling sitcoms, that we are bombarded with day in and day out. Its been a long days night… la la, de, da…I’m singing, in the rain and dancing on sunshine. Hmm imagine that. Somewhere over the rainbow….. I belive that our children are our future, treat them well....
I wonder about the kids. Seems like they raise themselves, these days. Technology is hurtling ahead geometrically. I think it was Asimov who envisioned a not-so-far flung future where people never came out of the safety and comfort of their technology jammed houses.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18728 Jun 30, 2013
There are geneticists who say that locating the gene that initiates the ageing process in humans, and turning it off, will happen within the next fifty years, at the max. Moral enigma??
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#18729 Jun 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Forand you are forgetting that other nations don't have our huge defense budget. Sweden and Denmark for instance. Nor do they labor under the added burden of taking care of medical problems for illegal immigrants, which we do here in America (usually our ER's).


Huge defense budgets was what President Eisenhower warned us about in his farewell speech 1959. Something that has been erroneously ignored. Ike emphasized that we merely contain threats to our democracy not go out and enforce it. Use the wealth to generate superior infrastructures. That includes the basics; Education, Health Care, Income Security. Our technology has proven to be the leveling mechanism to forces that severely outnumber us.
Obama has demonstrated that on several occasions. Osama’s capture more to do with statistical observations of movements and mathematical probabilities as was the Libyan issue. Add in the strategic use of mechanical weaponry to offset any human casualties.
Medical inequality is of our own mismanagement of the system. Starting January 1st 2014, USA after over a century will be addressing that issue with a greater understanding of the principles of regulated socialist programs. Just as we are now realizing that poorly regulated capitalism is futile for any civilization to incorporate. Regulations is the nemesis of those that seek , intentionally or not, corruptive policies of inequality.
Larger nations than ours are evolving to the same conclusions of well regulated liberal free international markets is the key to the future for all nations. This in of itself reinforces democratic and capitalist fundamentals without having to have it force upon them.
China and Russia have thrown off their orthodox communism and are scrambling to incorporate capitalism and democratic principles. They will need some time before they have the luxury to invest heavily into their infrastructures’ to increase their securities to free trade economics.
USA was in position to increase our infrastructures back in 1959 but choose not to do so. Other nations slowly at first started to do just that and now they have superior infrastructure and security that is now paying them back in dividends that is distributed to all their citizens which returns back to further increasing their wealth, to continue to strengthen their infrastructures.
Ike left us the huge infrastructures of the US Highways as his demonstration. JFK mobilized the Race for Space and Obama has strongly supported education and the health of our citizens. Containing foreign threats and diminishing our enforcement of democracy ideologies. Results after just a few years is a vibrant growing economy, security increasing to the citizens with their health, education and diminishing the chaos’s of war that their sons and daughters were raised up within.
Illegal immigrants will be regulated. That the USA require fresh blood and diversity to its culture has been the corner stone building blocks of this nation, will be taken into consideration, as it has in other foreign nations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Braunfels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help Nov 17 Clean farts 2
Nikki melburn (May '17) Nov 16 Use to be her fri... 5
News Dog that bit Schertz officer shot, euthanized (Dec '12) Nov 9 OMG 4
mike knull (Aug '14) Nov 9 Good Friend 2
Jessica fernandez (Aug '16) Nov 9 Lol at me 44
News Cold murder case heats up after more than 18 years (Jun '07) Nov 5 josechavezj49 189
Juan Trejo aka Cristo Oct '17 Mmmmhmmm 4

New Braunfels Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Braunfels Mortgages