Baldwin native feared dead in flood-swollen waters of Texas river

Sep 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Grand Rapids Press

The search continues for Derek Joel-Nelson Clemens, swept up in the flood-swollen waters of Texas' Guadalupe River as 1,400 miles to the north, those who know and love him wait and pray.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2010
Bubba

Desoto, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

Yeah, this idiot along with a friend of his jumped off the mill street bridge. Good swimmer or not, there's no way you do something that stupid and expect to live.

You live and die by the choices you make...
I was there

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

Bubba, I don't recall seeing you there? As a matter of fact I know you weren't there; so since your elephant mouth overloaded your hummingbird ass I'll set the record straight.

First of all there is no Mill Street bridge over the Guadalupe River. The bridge that crosses near the site of the drownings is the Faust Street Bridge. Second, the victims did not jump from the Faust Street Bridge. They jumped from the railroad bridge that crosses upstream from the Faust Street Bridge. And their drownings had nothing to do with the jump as people there saw them swimming and playing after they had jumped. Both victims were seen going over the low head dam between the two bridges and both were seen caught in the boil below the dam.

Now I would not be the one to judge the intelligence of the decisions made by those two men on that day. Yes the river was running a few thousand CFS over normal because of a flood and yes it looked like chocolate milk. And no I would not have been swimming in it myself but you, Bubba, did not know either men, you weren't there, and you obviously have no facts. So next time before you open your mouth think about what you are saying. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are also entitled to keep your opinion to yourself. Moron!
Bubba

Desoto, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

I was there wrote:
Bubba, I don't recall seeing you there? As a matter of fact I know you weren't there; so since your elephant mouth overloaded your hummingbird ass I'll set the record straight.
First of all there is no Mill Street bridge over the Guadalupe River. The bridge that crosses near the site of the drownings is the Faust Street Bridge. Second, the victims did not jump from the Faust Street Bridge. They jumped from the railroad bridge that crosses upstream from the Faust Street Bridge. And their drownings had nothing to do with the jump as people there saw them swimming and playing after they had jumped. Both victims were seen going over the low head dam between the two bridges and both were seen caught in the boil below the dam.
You werent there you moron! If you wuz, I woulda seen ya.
Now I would not be the one to judge the intelligence of the decisions made by those two men on that day. Yes the river was running a few thousand CFS over normal because of a flood and yes it looked like chocolate milk. And no I would not have been swimming in it myself but you, Bubba, did not know either men, you weren't there, and you obviously have no facts. So next time before you open your mouth think about what you are saying. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are also entitled to keep your opinion to yourself. Moron!
You were not there moron. If you woulda been I woulds seen ya!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

New Braunfels Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Braunfels People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••