San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Howdy
Does anybody else think "they" need to install a sign on the east bound side of FM 78 prior to the FM 3009 intersection now that they have installed the new left turn signal?
The new signal and left turn from the 2nd lane isn't in effect until after 3:30 pm.
The mobile sign was active with the notice for about a week but now people are turning left from the center lane all the time.
Can't even count how many close calls I've seen and just fortunate someone hasn't been hurt. At least I'm not aware of anyone getting hurt. I'm sure vehicles have been damaged.
Only second to the bridge that goes over the railroad tracks on 3009 this turn signal is the best idea seen in a very long time.
But wow a sign or two would sure help things.

Since: Jun 11

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Sure would be nice if a sign was posted with the active time(s) of the additional turn lane.
I asked the question and told that it's obvious to everyone because of the illuminated signs.

I don't know ho everyone is but do know that a lot of folks either can't see the signs or don't understand what they mean as they continue to turn left at all hours of the day and night.
Would be very curious to know how many accidents have occured since being installed.
Jer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

I live in Lone Oak and I have to say the new turn lane has helped with afternoon congestion tremendously. But have to agree that more signage would help 'explain' it better. Times would be great to see posted as justified stated.

Since: Dec 11

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Ok to the point of begging at this point.
Almost hit this afternoon and have witnessed dozens of issues over the past several weeks.
Sent a request to the state but they are satisfied with the sinage.
For goodness sakes would placing more signs be that much of an issue? People obviously have no idea when the second turn lane is active as they are turning at all times of the day.
How about having one of our finest available to monitor what is going on vs. searching for the criminals speeding to work at 0500? Yes I recognize the threat for those speeding at that time in the morning with all of the kids and school busses out and about…
Seriously, the concept is fantastic but folks obviously don’t understand when the left turn lane is active.
Giggles

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

It wouldn't be nearly as bad except for being cursed our and tossed the finger for moving over before 3:30 when the second lane is allowed for left turns.
Just a simple sign making it clear that the second left turn lane isn't available until 3:30 would be fantastic.
At least that way when I get hit can take time stamp picture of my wrecked vehicle and include a picture of the sign.
Seems too easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

New Braunfels Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Braunfels People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••