Questions surround convictions in Telford Unit murder case

May 27, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Texarkana Gazette

A man who was convicted and sentenced to death for strangling a fellow inmate at the Telford Unit in New Boston claims prosecutors violated the law during his trial.

Comments
41 - 60 of 77 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2014
ljones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Not one person who reads or writes on this post knows the heart of anyone else. My son is doing time and is at Telford Unit. all the units are hard. some of it they bring on themselves,and some of the trouble comes from others. I have watched this for many years..I do believe this unit has many problems, administrative problems, from warden grounds all the way down........we should all pray for each other to get through this.
ms thomas

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

My husband is locced up their and he has done a 2 yr sentence and bout to b out if u Ju go there n due ur time and stay out of way then u will b home I miss u baby an I'm waiting for u I love u
TxSux

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

Judged:

thg wrote:
I don't care what happens to any of them. If they were descent human beings, they wouldn't be there. I hope something horrible happens E.R.
Who are you to judge anyone, or wish anything on a group of men you dot know. You were prolly one of the lil punks who got his booty ran in like the local strip club!! Low life trash you need to move around!!
daniel

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

ney ney wrote:
where is this jail at in Palestine texas ????
its in New boston,Tx
Adriana Saavedra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

My ex boyfriend 4rm RGC is in there serving a 12 year sentence he's already going on 5 years there. I'm hoping he gets a smile on his face when he recieves my letter tho cuz I've been wanting to write him & I finally got his address after all these years... I still think about u Bam Bam.. Mwah ;* U were my first boyfriend babii and u sure as hell ganna be my last. I'll b 29 when he gets out with GOD willing...
Ex-telford resident

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

The only difference between most people and convicts is that they didnt get caught.....to brow beat someone while they're already down shows how manly or adult u can be? I guess if thats how it is I dont want to be your definition of a man or adult. Anyways I wont bother telling u what I think of u and making myself look ignorant in the process....Bottom line is u r right about 1 thing:If u cant do the time dont do the crime. All that other stuff u was wining about u dont know the injustices that we suffer in there while some are asked for others are not. So while u r lookin to give a tip, dont ever get locked up because im sure there alot of tips in there just waiting for u...>;]

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

These guys r in there because they broke the law...i have a lot of family that works there and they dont talk about anything like this going on....i mean it aint supposed to be a "wonderful lovely" experience...they dont want these guys back...ijs
Maybe

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2011

Broken_2812 wrote:
These guys r in there because they broke the law...i have a lot of family that works there and they dont talk about anything like this going on....i mean it aint supposed to be a "wonderful lovely" experience...they dont want these guys back...ijs
As we've seen from DNA cases just in Dallas alone there are many that are there that have not broken the law. True, the majority have. Also for the ones that are there because they broke the law, that is their sentence and punishment, being there. As hard as it may be to believe, it isn't the guards job to make life miserable and to mete justice out on them. They are there to serve a sentence, not to be punished by the guards, and being locked away is certainly punishment enough.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>As we've seen from DNA cases just in Dallas alone there are many that are there that have not broken the law. True, the majority have. Also for the ones that are there because they broke the law, that is their sentence and punishment, being there. As hard as it may be to believe, it isn't the guards job to make life miserable and to mete justice out on them. They are there to serve a sentence, not to be punished by the guards, and being locked away is certainly punishment enough.
they shouldnt put theirselves in the situation to be accused then! I think they should keep them all in their cells 24-7...they dont deserve to b treated like humans...most of them are animals anyways
DSwartz

Texas City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

The worst thing to come from the Telford unit was the conviction and execution of Lee Taylor, who killed Donta Green, an inmate who was stealing from the whites, and, along with other black inmates, extorting them when possible, and trying to pressure them for sexual acts..Lee Taylor should have been given a cash reward, not a date with death...shame on Texas.
SouthernStar

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

TELFORD IS TRASH AND SO IS EVERY SINGLE PERSON EMPLOYEED THERE!!! IF YOU HAVE FAMILY OR A LOVED ONE THERE DO ANYTHING YOU CAN TO GET THEM OUT OF THERE!!!! CALL AND CHECK ON YOUR INMATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND BE SURE TO WRITE CONSTANTLY AND KEEP INCONTACT WITH THEM LETTING THEM KNOW YOU HAVEN'T GAVE UP ON THEM!!! TELFORD BREAKS EVERY POLICY SET AND REQUIRED BY STATE, DON'T LET THIS PRISON BE THE REASON THE SOUL IS SUCKED FROM THE PERSON YOU LOVE!!!
illbemissingyou

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

thg wrote:
I don't care what happens to any of them. If they were descent human beings, they wouldn't be there. I hope something horrible happens E.R.
^Okay, maybe something terrible should happen to whoever it is that posted this.. Some people don't deserve the time they got for petty shit! If some little whore wants to spread her legs then tell the judge and jury she just wanted him in her and the convict him for it. Maybe there is something wrong with the texas judicial system!
illbemissingyou

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

SouthernStar wrote:
TELFORD IS TRASH AND SO IS EVERY SINGLE PERSON EMPLOYEED THERE!!! IF YOU HAVE FAMILY OR A LOVED ONE THERE DO ANYTHING YOU CAN TO GET THEM OUT OF THERE!!!! CALL AND CHECK ON YOUR INMATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND BE SURE TO WRITE CONSTANTLY AND KEEP INCONTACT WITH THEM LETTING THEM KNOW YOU HAVEN'T GAVE UP ON THEM!!! TELFORD BREAKS EVERY POLICY SET AND REQUIRED BY STATE, DON'T LET THIS PRISON BE THE REASON THE SOUL IS SUCKED FROM THE PERSON YOU LOVE!!!
My family recently lost someone very close to us in this prison. He had his cell mate killed themselves because this is such a terrible prision. Something really needs to be done! Nobody deserves to have their life taken from them. They put themselves out of missery.
Southern Star

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

illbemissingyou wrote:
<quoted text>
My family recently lost someone very close to us in this prison. He had his cell mate killed themselves because this is such a terrible prision. Something really needs to be done! Nobody deserves to have their life taken from them. They put themselves out of missery.
Im not sure if this is someone in MAC's family or not, but if it is... I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I also had someone taken from me on June 9th 2012, due to the wickedness of this inhumane place. Innocent or not, Texas prisons all need to be reevaluated and investigated. All prison staff should be ashamed of themselves, they watch these people wither away day after day and feed off of these peoples misery, they go to work daily and take out their frustrations and anger out on these people who are forced in this situation, how can anyone sit there and say that this is right? Correctional Officers are required to attend training classes before qualified to work in the prison system, no where in this training does it say to make these people miserable, no the job description for these asshole is supposed to be to carry out policies and procedures, protecting the harmless inmates from the actual violent people in the system. Telford also has one of the WORST wardens in Texas history!! Fuck Telford!!
babyy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

I have a brother there serving six more year i mess him alot. His my only bro only thing is i cant go see him cause i have anxiety and i its so far away but i do write to him he dont like it there his waiting for his hardship transfer there going to move him close to home thank god so i can finaly go see him i have not seen him in two years i cant wait to see him i love my bro with all my heart..
babyy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

It doesnt matter what this inmate did no one can judge them maybe they had a bad childhood or a mom that was not there and that was not there fault so yea i prey every night for all the Inmates in the world so they can be safe my bro made mistakes but he was spoiled brat and always got what he wanted and did what he wanted thats were the mustake was.
Protector

Red Oak, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

a tip wrote:
Here's a little tip of advice, DON'T do the crime if you CAN'T do the time! If you, or someone you know is in jail at all, then they shouldn't be complaining! Grow some balls, be a productive member of society and QUIT WHINING!!! The majority of offenders in Telford are just there to do their time and go home. It's the idiots that make it hard on everyone! Then again, if they would have acted like adults to begin with, they wouldn't be in jail!
Judge not, lest ye be judged. There are lots of innocent men and women serving time for crimes they did not commit. You could fall into that same predicament someday; you are not exempt. Don't be so quick to judge until you know for a fact, without a shadow of doubt that those incarcerated are "guilty". Our, so called, justice (injustice) system is terribly corrupt and biased. Try reaching out and helping those wrongfully convicted, and stop running your mouth loosely. They are someone's children, husbands, wives, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc. remember that when one of yours fall into that corrupted web.
Protector

Red Oak, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

illbemissingyou wrote:
<quoted text>
^Okay, maybe something terrible should happen to whoever it is that posted this.. Some people don't deserve the time they got for petty shit! If some little whore wants to spread her legs then tell the judge and jury she just wanted him in her and the convict him for it. Maybe there is something wrong with the texas judicial system!
Be careful what you speak about wishing something terrible on another human being, because with the same measure that you mete, will come back on you. Pray blessings on others, not curses. The coals you are heaping on those inmates, will be heaped 7 times hotter on your head.

Watch it buddy.
Irishwood

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Did 4 years on Telford. Trash unit. Everything is jacked up. 14 88
mee mee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

valluco wrote:
<quoted text> aLOT OF gUARDS LET IT GO DOWN lT. mILES AND FEILD GUARDS
I have a relative in the telford unit and the guards write him fake cases and take his trays like he than ate but havent i dont like that place and i hope the governor shut it down because its a lot of dirty guards that work there been tryin to get my relative moved but they keep comin up with some laim lie ..i thought they moved the inmates if u no the guards ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Boston Discussions

Search the New Boston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr fubar 17,030
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 hr fubar 21,430
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 12 hr nina roth 595
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 14 hr Gasman 754
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 14 hr Gasman 499
Seeing Red...chapter 18 (Dec '06) Wed Official Historian 2
Walking Dead actress is headed to prison for at... Tue What I Want To Know 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Boston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Boston People Search