Questions surround convictions in Tel...

Questions surround convictions in Telford Unit murder case

There are 82 comments on the Texarkana Gazette story from May 27, 2008, titled Questions surround convictions in Telford Unit murder case. In it, Texarkana Gazette reports that:

A man who was convicted and sentenced to death for strangling a fellow inmate at the Telford Unit in New Boston claims prosecutors violated the law during his trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Texarkana Gazette.

Kandace Munn

Houston, TX

#21 Mar 6, 2010
thg wrote:
I don't care what happens to any of them. If they were descent human beings, they wouldn't be there. I hope something horrible happens E.R.

My husband is there for something he didnt do.you are an idiot.....
Kandace Munn

Houston, TX

#22 Mar 6, 2010
who are we to be negative to any human being.thats crazy my husband is in prison for something he did not do.you are no better than any one else so stop playing God.
poss iio

Houston, TX

#23 Mar 18, 2010
does anyone recall a guy there at tefolrd unit named donald "pato" doerrer????
poss iio

Houston, TX

#24 Mar 18, 2010
donald doerrer aka "pato"
poss iio

Houston, TX

#25 Mar 18, 2010
i just wanna know if anybody there at telford knows anything about donald doerrer aka "pato" pleaseeeee let me know plizz
crystal

Dallas, TX

#26 Apr 11, 2010
My husband is there and he is ad.seg. are the guards rreallymean there
kurupt

Dallas, TX

#27 May 18, 2010
crystal wrote:
My husband is there and he is ad.seg. are the guards rreallymean there
. Ya their piece of shit laws on telford. Judd henry. Peacock. Gestaffa. All them punks but ms maloy is a snake shell sweet talk someone then turn them in her mom is the extortion officer
Laine

Sulphur Springs, TX

#28 Jun 8, 2010
6-8-10 My daughter was a guard at Telford for over 5 years. She treated the inmates there the same way she wanted her brother, who was at Huntsville, treated. Because of this, the other guards treated her with disrespect. The day she quit her job there was four inmates who protected her when another male guard, who was suppose to watch her back, shoved her into the pod and shut the door on her. He stood there laughing as some of the inmates came at her. The so-called Union at Telford would not listen to her about what had happened. After the union meeting I told her to quit as she couldn't rely on the other guards to protect her. There has been six guards raped in Telford that the general public in New Boston has heard about--I DID NOT WANT MY DAUGHTER TO BE ANOTHER ONE.
Azzy

Sonora, TX

#29 Sep 9, 2010
Sammy wrote:
For those that have served in Teleford.. do you know Seth Shellenberger?
As for Atip.. shut up.. those that have been in there have done their time.. you must have some interest in Teleford or you would not be on this site.
I know a Guy by that name, I have actually been looking for him for a while. If you have information can you e-mail me at [email protected]
country girl

Boyertown, PA

#30 Sep 16, 2010
Ref:# 10
Does your advise apply to the Guards,D.A's and Judges that might have given someone a shady deal also ??
My advise to you IF you have never visited a Prison system Then YOU NEED TO.
You just might find out how GROWN UP those in athority over the Prisoners are and ACT.
ghg

San Antonio, TX

#31 Sep 18, 2010
Kandace Munn wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is there for something he didnt do.you are an idiot.....
Yes, they never do it, do they....
HOLLY

Charlotte, NC

#32 Sep 23, 2010
what color are the imates uiformss in the telfrd unit
HOLLY

Charlotte, NC

#33 Sep 23, 2010
in the telford unit ..tx.how do i go about getting info ..how to get a price list on canteen and any items they may recieved ..such as shoes and radio ext. what can they have
HOLLY

Charlotte, NC

#34 Sep 24, 2010
is it possiable to get married at telford unit.if so who do i contact for more info..
Dee

San Antonio, TX

#35 Oct 2, 2010
I was on Telford unit in 2000-2002 building 8 medium custody overflow black wrist band. Let me tell you Telford unit is no joke. The worst of the worst make it to the unit..The unit is hardcore. I use to hear grown ass gangsters cry at night. Inmates use to plan stabbings and riots just so that way the unit would go on lock down..Unit is one of the toghest in Texas..I dont wish that place on anyone..Glad to be out alive..
JESUS SAVES

Houston, TX

#36 Jan 2, 2011
I dont anything about the Telford Unit. But if you are doing time in this unit and the guards are giving you a hard time. Please PRAY not only for yourself but PRAY even harder for the guards.Remember the guards are watching over the inmates, but the GOD who judges all are watching over all of us. It dont matter where you are today its where you end up on judgement day.
ART

Houston, TX

#37 Feb 3, 2011
thg wrote:
I don't care what happens to any of them. If they were descent human beings, they wouldn't be there. I hope something horrible happens E.R.
U kno if u had someone there the tables would turn...not everyone in there is guilty..
ART

Houston, TX

#38 Feb 3, 2011
My Bf is in the telford unit hes young im really worried bout him is it really that bad...i mean he in seg now but i scared wats gonna happen wehn in the there wit the real dudes...
Bobbie Roberts

United States

#40 Mar 19, 2011
'Apparently you do not know what goes on in Telford Unit. People are in there who are unfairly accused but sent there. There lives are in danger. How would you like to have a friend in a place where the guards are crooked, take bribes, and the gangs blackmail your friend for money so they will not kill them. The gangs demand that some of the prisoners get money from family members in order for them to stay alive. There are more kilings in that place, by gangs so watch what you say about others.
So before you judge, look around and face the facts. I have a friend who was a guard and he told me what they do. So judge not , lest ye be judged.
One of these days you might be unjustly accused and you will have to walk in these people's shoes who are there unjustly.
Our justice system needs revised and investigated.
How would you like to be in there with a bunch of gang members blackmailing you and the guards do nothing about it?
God bless you. I do not know who you are, but judge not lest you be judged, which we will all be judged by God one of these days.
a tip wrote:
Here's a little tip of advice, DON'T do the crime if you CAN'T do the time! If you, or someone you know is in jail at all, then they shouldn't be complaining! Grow some balls, be a productive member of society and QUIT WHINING!!! The majority of offenders in Telford are just there to do their time and go home. It's the idiots that make it hard on everyone! Then again, if they would have acted like adults to begin with, they wouldn't be in jail!
Bobbie Roberts

United States

#41 Mar 19, 2011
'Apparently you do not know what goes on in Telford Unit. People are in there who are unfairly accused but sent there. There lives are in danger. How would you like to have a friend in a place where the guards are crooked, take bribes, and the gangs blackmail your friend for money so they will not kill them. The gangs demand that some of the prisoners get money from family members in order for them to stay alive. There are more kilings in that place, by gangs so watch what you say about others.
So before you judge, look around and face the facts. I have a friend who was a guard and he told me what they do. So judge not , lest ye be judged.
One of these days you might be unjustly accused and you will have to walk in these people's shoes who are there unjustly.
Our justice system needs revised and investigated.
How would you like to be in there with a bunch of gang members blackmailing you and the guards do nothing about it?
God bless you. I do not know who you are, but judge not lest you be judged, which we will all be judged by God one of these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Bradshaw; insanity? (Mar '06) Apr 20 Sad-but-true 29
News Trial for man in sexual assault of 2-year-old s... Feb '17 JUSTICE 1
Town of Hooks (Aug '13) Jan '17 Perspective903 2
Kelley Crow? Jan '17 Anonymous 1
Mr. Wells Our New Athletic Director (May '06) Jan '17 punk buster 4
New Boston Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov '16 Musikologist 11
Poke a lil fun change it up lil bit (Oct '16) Oct '16 Dangit 1

New Boston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance