Football player dies during game in N...

Football player dies during game in New Bern

There are 12 comments on the WNCT-TV Greenville story from Jul 16, 2007, titled Football player dies during game in New Bern. In it, WNCT-TV Greenville reports that:

Takirra Koonce, 28, played football for the semi-pro New Bern Grizzlies. Authorities say he was sitting on the bench during the fourth quarter of a game at Grover C. Fields Middle School Saturday night when he ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNCT-TV Greenville.

torian koonce

New Bern, NC

#1 Jul 17, 2007
rip cuzzuo
BARRY KOONCE

Dunn, NC

#2 Aug 6, 2007
I MISS MY BROTHER SO MUCH. I CANT HARDLY SLEEP OR EAT. I DO A LOT OF PRAYING TO HELP ME. THE LORD DOES`NT MAKE ANY MISTAKES SO IM TRYING TO KEEP THAT IN MIND.I DONT KNOW WHY HE TOOK MY BROTHER BUT I KNOW HE`S IN BETTER HANDS NOW. R.I.P. TEE ' LOVE YOU FOREVER '
Brogan Reels

Swansboro, NC

#3 Sep 25, 2007
I dont know these people but i give my heart && prayers for this whole family.
I am truely sorry!
R.I.P
Takirra Koonce
Myron Midgette

Durham, NC

#4 Nov 15, 2007
i know u will continue to show up, so i will play til the wheels fall off... im u(determind) and in my heart u will stay "Tha Big Show" Luv forever....#28, we going to make to the NFL!
Myron Midgette

Durham, NC

#5 Nov 15, 2007
R.I.P
TAKRRA. T.T. KOONCE
Jason DeSilva

New Bern, NC

#6 Dec 20, 2007
I dont know any of you. I live in New Bern Myself. My Prayers and Hopes for the strength to make it through this ordeal are with you all.

RIP Takirra Koonce
MANN BRYANT

New Bern, NC

#7 Jan 5, 2008
GONE BUT NEVA FORGOTTEN HOMIE, FROM C.T. TO T.C AND ALL TE B-BALL COURTS, ONE LOVE HOME BOI.
Ray Arrington

Smithfield, NC

#8 Jan 19, 2008
RIP kid.you was the best lineman ive ever playedon front of. we will rep every season to you and ball hard as if u never left.
Kishana Blount

New Bern, NC

#9 Feb 5, 2008
hey tt is mi cousin and i will love him to the end and as i think of all the things he use to say to me and laray. His favorite thing to say to us was always to do it big. love you
~ki~

R.I.P.
TT
mario

United States

#10 Jun 2, 2008
BARRY KOONCE wrote:
I MISS MY BROTHER SO MUCH. I CANT HARDLY SLEEP OR EAT. I DO A LOT OF PRAYING TO HELP ME. THE LORD DOES`NT MAKE ANY MISTAKES SO IM TRYING TO KEEP THAT IN MIND.I DONT KNOW WHY HE TOOK MY BROTHER BUT I KNOW HE`S IN BETTER HANDS NOW. R.I.P. TEE ' LOVE YOU FOREVER '
i feel u barry his oldest son is my nephew r.i.p "teflon"
crystal grimes

Johnson City, TN

#11 Sep 3, 2009
damn t.t. cant beleive you gone boy. i remember when i first met you in the 7th grade. i was 12 years old and i was new to tha bern. u used to tell me that you wasnt gonna let nobody mess with me. you took me under your wing like a little sister and ill never forget that. im sad your gone but i know your in a better place now. EVERYONE misses you like crazy. your birthday just passed and i called barry to see how he was doing. hes hurt. he misses you alot. but in time the hurt will ease a little. itll never go away completely but itll ease up some. my thoughts and prayers go out to your family. R.I.P. T.T. "gone but NEVER forgotten"
Tavon Koonce

New Bern, NC

#12 Mar 21, 2011
Its been a while since you been gone but i still miss u unc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Bern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chef chris richardson (Nov '16) Aug 4 BuddyLane 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) May '17 Cheated 14
Moving to New Bern Mar '17 MamaBear 1
News Pamlico County arrests, citations (Oct '10) Jan '17 Howard 3
Tracy Parker (Jan '17) Jan '17 Ju5tm3 1
Tracey pierson (Jan '17) Jan '17 Ju5tm3 1
Joe Pledger (Dec '16) Dec '16 Greenville Chick 4

New Bern Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Bern Mortgages