New York: LPN accused of abuse

New York: LPN accused of abuse

There are 7 comments on the ADVANCE for LPNs story from Jul 1, 2008, titled New York: LPN accused of abuse. In it, ADVANCE for LPNs reports that:

An LPN has been charged with sexually abusing a female patient while in his care.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ADVANCE for LPNs.

“It's casual!!!”

Since: Jul 08

palatine bridge,ny.

#1 Jul 2, 2008
What kind of sick scum is this idiot? As an LPN myself, I find it very disturbing that someone who took an oath to heal people decides to get his kicks out of hurting others. I say throw the worthless little prick in prison & let someone sexually abuse his sorry ass!
PUDDYTAT

Lady Lake, FL

#2 Jul 4, 2008
He was accused by the patient ? In N.Y., do they not have to have more than one employee in a room at a time ? Seems like they would, just to cover their own butt ??

It is pretty sick and I don't see how people like this could get into the profession .

And it seems like there would be signs that somebody has problems if applicants were checked out and the people doing the hiring were actually qualified to do the background checks .

I am supposed to have surgery and I have put it off because I am affraid of the care givers in any Hosp. now . Too many people have too many horror stories about care givers ... infections ... being left alone too long ... pain meds not being brought on time ... and being treated like a spoiled child for complaining about it .

“It's casual!!!”

palatine bridge,ny.

#3 Jul 4, 2008
PUDDYTAT wrote:
He was accused by the patient ? In N.Y., do they not have to have more than one employee in a room at a time ? Seems like they would, just to cover their own butt ??
It is pretty sick and I don't see how people like this could get into the profession .
And it seems like there would be signs that somebody has problems if applicants were checked out and the people doing the hiring were actually qualified to do the background checks .
I am supposed to have surgery and I have put it off because I am affraid of the care givers in any Hosp. now . Too many people have too many horror stories about care givers ... infections ... being left alone too long ... pain meds not being brought on time ... and being treated like a spoiled child for complaining about it .
NYS requires a background check before you can even take the boards for your nursing license. It's possible that if the article is true that he didn't have anything in his background. The article stated that he'd never been in trouble before. Either he was good at covering his tracks or this was a first incident. If you require surgery, I strongly urge you to have it done. I need surgery myself & I still intend to have it done. I recommend that you have someone go with you to help ensure proper care is given. Please don't think that all nurses are the same just because of some jerk who doesn't deserve the title LPN. There are those of us nurses who truly do care about our patients & do all to ensure their comfort, health, & safety.
gary s

Oneonta, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2008
dmc2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
NYS requires a background check before you can even take the boards for your nursing license. It's possible that if the article is true that he didn't have anything in his background. The article stated that he'd never been in trouble before. Either he was good at covering his tracks or this was a first incident. If you require surgery, I strongly urge you to have it done. I need surgery myself & I still intend to have it done. I recommend that you have someone go with you to help ensure proper care is given. Please don't think that all nurses are the same just because of some jerk who doesn't deserve the title LPN. There are those of us nurses who truly do care about our patients & do all to ensure their comfort, health, & safety.
any time care is given and its a male/female a other person must be present at all times!! you know its 50/50 lol

“It's casual!!!”

palatine bridge,ny.

#5 Jul 6, 2008
gary s wrote:
<quoted text>any time care is given and its a male/female a other person must be present at all times!! you know its 50/50 lol
It appears that not everyone thinks to cover their ass in those situations. Good thing there are those of us who do. Of course I know it's 50/50. I'm not the one who needs occasional reminders (HaHa!!).
PUDDYTAT

Lady Lake, FL

#6 Jul 6, 2008
dmc2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think all NURSES are bad . Hospitals where I live don't seem to know how to clean . There are people being released all the time with infections and some are DEADLY . I talked to a lady in My Drs office that got MERSA in her spine after back surgery

It's like a third world country here . 1/2 of the care givers don't even speak English .

“It's casual!!!”

palatine bridge,ny.

#7 Jul 7, 2008
I think all hospitals & nursing facilities are as clean as you can possibly hope for (though there are some exceptions). Unfortunately, there's no real way to stop infection. Some people come to these places already infected so they in turn leave the same way. The same goes for any surgery. Any time you open up the body you take a risk. With so many diseases, germs, and bacteria in the air (regadless where you are), it's amazing that anyone's healthy. It's the 1/2 of the caregivers that do speak English that concern me. I also think there are some third world countries that are better off than we seem to be lately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
uninformed Jun 10 dragonslayer 8
News Lewis County Legislators still concerned about ... Jun '15 help 6
Kuhn's Equipment Repair (Jun '12) May '15 Family 2
Brian Harper (Jan '10) May '15 curious 11
head up on the railroad from carthage to newto... (Nov '13) May '15 delbert maybe bha... 67
Why is this a New Berlin forum? Anyone here fro... (Jun '06) Mar '15 potato lasers 4
charles monaski (Jul '14) Jul '14 mee 1
More from around the web

New Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

New Berlin Mortgages