Two charged in drug death

Mar 21, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Macomb Daily

“It's very sad that these young kids were abusing prescription drugs intended to help another person”

A man and woman from Chesterfield Township have been charged in the death of a man who overdosed on liquid morphine. via Macomb Daily

Comments
21 - 40 of 40 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymus

Comstock Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 11, 2008
 
excuse me,

But guess what, This is all public knowledge. Once those two, actually three people started doing illegal things, they basically all gave up any right to privacy. In fact this is a VERY public situation. When Addison and Amanda sold the drug to Charlie they all became very PUBLIC. This is not heresay, These are facts here. This goes to show that drugs are bad. I'm sorry for the people affected by this. I believe when it comes to drugs nobody cared in this situation about who would be left to deal with any pain if in fact there actions caused any. In fact this is a good example for the next time someone decides to take drugs. Think about someone other then yourself. BECAUSE if you die, there becomes alot more people affected by your actions then just your buzzz!!! you leave behind a trail of broken hearts and broken lives. To the person who sells the drugs, This is an example of what can go really wrong.Not to mention its ILLEGAL, Its basically a snowball effect of tragedy one after another! For you UNKNOWN, sorry but this is my business, This is my community, SO get the hell off your high horse. you have no more right commenting this then anyone else. I don't even care if your Charlies Mom. God rest his soul. we don't want to play the blame game here. Lets not lose sight of the fact these three all did something illegal.(even Charlie)

“NICE HOUSE”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 11, 2008
 
anonymus wrote:
excuse me,
But guess what, This is all public knowledge. Once those two, actually three people started doing illegal things, they basically all gave up any right to privacy. In fact this is a VERY public situation. When Addison and Amanda sold the drug to Charlie they all became very PUBLIC. This is not heresay, These are facts here. This goes to show that drugs are bad. I'm sorry for the people affected by this. I believe when it comes to drugs nobody cared in this situation about who would be left to deal with any pain if in fact there actions caused any. In fact this is a good example for the next time someone decides to take drugs. Think about someone other then yourself. BECAUSE if you die, there becomes alot more people affected by your actions then just your buzzz!!! you leave behind a trail of broken hearts and broken lives. To the person who sells the drugs, This is an example of what can go really wrong.Not to mention its ILLEGAL, Its basically a snowball effect of tragedy one after another! For you UNKNOWN, sorry but this is my business, This is my community, SO get the hell off your high horse. you have no more right commenting this then anyone else. I don't even care if your Charlies Mom. God rest his soul. we don't want to play the blame game here. Lets not lose sight of the fact these three all did something illegal.(even Charlie)
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/N SAEBB/NSAEBB113/index.htm Start here if you really want to find the people responsible for putting drugs into your community.
dee

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 11, 2008
 
so Addison is a wonderful great kid? Right...and here is some swamp land for you....check out his myspace page...talks about how he loves to get high and don't you just love his myspace name..good kid...yeah right..
unknown

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 12, 2008
 
Enough of the facts were published by the media. That is their job, to give the facts and not speculate or give opinion. Before one logs onto a public forum and spews his or her version of the ’sad facts,’ perhaps one should consider that ‘the one that died’ was someone’s son, brother, loved one. Those grieving, and possibly searching the internet for any information related to funeral services, would certainly not be comforted by ’sad facts’ that they happened to come across, as published by an all-knowing OBSERVER. ‘The one that died’ had a name, a face, a family and whatever one’s perceptions of the events of that night were, some things are better left not in print. Freedom of speech also comes with the responsibility of knowing what is appropriate and what is not.
anonymus

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 12, 2008
 
Know Good, Thank you for the info. As for Unknown, well like I said. I am not here to spew or hurt anyone. I believe alot of people were hurt here. I understand what its like to lose someone. Its really sad. Its sad that the people who are trying to get high don't take into concideration the loved ones they may leave behind if and when they overdose. Its unfortunate. I can only imagine the pain of loving a child.

“NICE HOUSE”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

anonymus wrote:
Know Good, Thank you for the info. As for Unknown, well like I said. I am not here to spew or hurt anyone. I believe alot of people were hurt here. I understand what its like to lose someone. Its really sad. Its sad that the people who are trying to get high don't take into concideration the loved ones they may leave behind if and when they overdose. Its unfortunate. I can only imagine the pain of loving a child.
You know what they say, wisdom comes with experience it's just to bad the kid didn't get a chance to gain any. Hopefully those affected can use this as a chance to fight the war on drugs FROM THE DEMAND SIDE. Lord knows had the war on drugs been judged as harshly as any other, every president since Regan would have an approval rating of zero.
just sad

Lake Orion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

To those of you talking about "the facts," please remember that what they did and what the laws are aren't the only "facts." They're still practically kids and yes, they made a very stupid mistake. But it wasn't just Amanda and Addison's fault, it wasn't just Charlie's fault, it wasn't just anyone's fault. You can blame them, you can blame whomever made the liquid morphine available (whether directly or indirectly, and to be honest from everything I've heard I firmly believe they didn't know anything about liquid morphine), you can blame [random person] for not calling them and inviting them to do something else, and you can blame fate for not making one of them accidentally drop and spill the drug, but in the end where is that going to get us?
This is a tragedy because it's not any one person's fault and it affects so many. It deeply affects four families for sure, but I guarantee there are so many more in the community that have shed many tears over this.
But please, don't point fingers or say that anyone deserves anything. That won't get us anywhere and I don't think anyone deserves this or the punishment for it. Drug addiction is an illness, both physically and mentally, as anyone who has known someone going through it knows. Instead we should come together as a community, be there for those who need it, no matter who they are, and do our best to ensure that another tragedy like this doesn't happen again. Because we *can*
justamom

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 15, 2008
 
Takeaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know here THAT well since she hasn't taught sunday school in over a year, about as long as she's been doing every drug her and addison can get ahold of and getting other people into hard drugs. I hope to God that justice is served despite who addison's parents are and despite idiots like you who addison and amanda have snowed to believe they're good kids.
Alright, here it is in a nut shell..you have..say an abused kid who finally snaps kills someone. The courts look at the persons UPBRINGING and THAT is going to be the defence att. job to make the court understand why he did what he did. People feel sorry "oh poor kid" What happenes? He gets minimized punishment. What makes it ok for THAT to happen? Another situation we have a kid that is ALWAYS in trouble with the law..he is judged by HIS past! As for being called an idiot by you? Not necessary, your opinion is accepted as is mine.
justamom

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 15, 2008
 
just sad wrote:
To those of you talking about "the facts," please remember that what they did and what the laws are aren't the only "facts." They're still practically kids and yes, they made a very stupid mistake. But it wasn't just Amanda and Addison's fault, it wasn't just Charlie's fault, it wasn't just anyone's fault. You can blame them, you can blame whomever made the liquid morphine available (whether directly or indirectly, and to be honest from everything I've heard I firmly believe they didn't know anything about liquid morphine), you can blame [random person] for not calling them and inviting them to do something else, and you can blame fate for not making one of them accidentally drop and spill the drug, but in the end where is that going to get us?
This is a tragedy because it's not any one person's fault and it affects so many. It deeply affects four families for sure, but I guarantee there are so many more in the community that have shed many tears over this.
But please, don't point fingers or say that anyone deserves anything. That won't get us anywhere and I don't think anyone deserves this or the punishment for it. Drug addiction is an illness, both physically and mentally, as anyone who has known someone going through it knows. Instead we should come together as a community, be there for those who need it, no matter who they are, and do our best to ensure that another tragedy like this doesn't happen again. Because we *can*
Just sad...What you posted had to be one of the most insightful postings I have read and I cannot stress how right on the money you are! I agree with what you wrote 100%
anonymus

Comstock Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 25, 2008
 
Just sad....very well said. If there were more people like you in our world. It would be a far better place. We need action!
ben

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 27, 2008
 
selling drugs is a felony, an item known to be illegal and just plain wrong, "Good Kids" dont do that, so Stuff the good kid crap, the parents can be great people all their lives, but not knowing or being able to control what the kids do while at work or school is a concern, How good an act can kids put on while selling drugs to others is very apparent from reading the blogs. if they did it, let them fry for it and devote your time to watching your own kids,, those two fooled you didnt they? can your own do the same? wake the hell up parents!
Takeaguess

Comstock Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 30, 2008
 
ben, that's exactly what I wish I could have expressed. excellent point.
ABE

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 6, 2008
 
I personally knew both amanda and addison. addison was always a screw up,drug addict,nuisence. failed all classes,dropped out. obviouslt 100%different from the rest of his family. amanda was the brightest,gorgeous, amazing person. an all american girl. until she dated addison.
anonymous

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 15, 2008
 
Addison did not contol amanda's actions. For those of you who think you know how things worked between them you're dead wrong. I was close friends with both of them, and I know for damn sure that it was mutual. My friends made a big mistake and they are going to have to pay for it. The entire situation is horribly depressing.
Heavy Heart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 8, 2008
 
Tragic.

Condolences to the family of Charlie.

Few people are aware of this, but there was a new law that went into effect on Jan. 01, 2006 that classifies a death from illicit scheduled class drugs as 2nd degree murder for the person who provided the drug.

Yes I understand that everyone makes their own choices, and unfortunately Charlie made a fatal one, but the law isn't that broad.

It specifically deals with the person or persons who sold, traded or gave the drug to the deceased.

Providing a drug that results in death is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. It was a law written with the purpose of getting hardcore dealers off the streets, but it has backfired.

The hardcore dealers were wise to the law before the ink was dry. They became more like silent partners and young naive kids or already troubled addicts are feeling the brunt of the legislation as they are most likely the middle man.

Good luck to all involved and prayers to Charlies family.
two friends

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 13, 2009
 
My friend and I knew charlie, and he was so stellar! we miss him. he was silly and goofy and no, it wasn't the girls fault, it was nobody's. They did something bad, but they didn't make him take it all at once. He did it by accident. His girlfriend will probably be traumatised for life. they were sleeping in the same bed and when she woke up, he didn't.
miss ya charlie!
Flint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 14, 2009
 
Wow wrote:
This is really horrible.
But, you know what.
I know they thought "Oh man, if we give this drug to them, what would happen?". Because I mean Amanda is so smart. She would think that, typical thing to think. Because who does Liquid Morphine these days? They should be set with the kids death too. Because, they gave him the drug, if they are as smart as you people say they are they would of thought about what I just established. They would of wondered if it was gonna put him in harm or not. They sold it, they should get settled with the punishment. I'm sorry that they don't have a social life anymore, and when they do it's known for killing that kid. And it doesn't matter what age you are. If your old enough to buy Liquid Morphine and sell it, and it kills the guyYou should be able to take whatever time you get. Because it would be just unfair to the others who are in jail right now who killed someone but didn't really do it. And if they get away, it just shows all little stupid kids can do this.
I would have to disagree if the drug was bought off a stranger there would be no one at fault but the one who took the drug and as sad as it is to say there are so many of our young people taking every kind of drug and ingesting anything they can get their hands on to get high. I'm sorry to say but if you take drugs then you already know the dangers and we live with it everyday I pray for the family and god bless
i knew the kid who died

Port Huron, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 20, 2012
 
The drugs were left behind by someone who was deceased and needed them at one point in time. That's where they got their hands on them. True fact.
i knew the kid who died

Port Huron, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 20, 2012
 
The drugs were left behind by someone who had deceased, and had needed them at one point in time. That is where they got their hands on them. True fact.
i knew the kid who died

Port Huron, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 20, 2012
 
know good wrote:
First of all, where in the hell do you get liquid morphine? Common sense would lead me to believe there is a doctor somewhere behind these two. They made a mistake and had no idea that they would indirectly be responsible for some poor kid's death. Compassion people find this damn doctor, it is he/she who should have known better than to give something like this to cereal box chemist.
The drugs were left behind by someone who had deceased, and had needed them at one point in time. That is where they got their hands on them. True fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Baltimore Discussions

Search the New Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 21 hr gottondas 5,482
Replica YSL Belts Jul 20 mbtning 2
internet rippoff by Harsens Island residents (Mar '11) Jul 18 Ex- ENGLAND 16
Muslims make gains in Michigan, but more advoca... Jul 14 Zzzzzsleeper 1
Mt. Clemens man shot twice in legs on city stre... Jul 12 lisa renee lowhang 1
Ashley Brasfield (Jun '12) Jul 10 Pam Smith 8
Police chase in richmond saturday night june 7th Jul 9 heidi 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

New Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Baltimore
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••