Troy Sees Spike In Car Thefts

Troy Sees Spike In Car Thefts

There are 2 comments on the ClickonDetroit.com story from Sep 29, 2009, titled Troy Sees Spike In Car Thefts. In it, ClickonDetroit.com reports that:

Troy police are warning residents to be aware of a spike in car smash and grabs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickonDetroit.com.

Troy Native

Sterling Heights, MI

#1 Oct 5, 2009
I recently (late September 2009)had my purse stolen at Somerset Collection, North Side. I was in a store (not out in the middle of the mall), set the purse in my daughter's stroller, and someone took it when I turned my head for a moment. This happened on a weekend when Troy PD said that there were also several purses stolen out of vehicles in Troy (at restaurant parking lots). The creepy part is I had a strange feeling (kind of like a "sixth sense") while sipping coffee outside of Starbucks, probably about 10 minutes or so before it happened, and held on tightly to my purse. In retrospect I was no doubt being watched, stalked, targeted...you name it. Nonetheless, I was in disbelief and very panicked when I discovered my purse missing, and to top it all off, the store personnel (Vera Bradley store) did not even call security for me! They just asked if I was sure that I had not set it down, etc. I had to actually run out to the concierge desk in the mall and call security myself! I had lost everything (wallet, phone, keys, etc.). Within 30 minutes of me noticing that it had been stolen, there was a fraudulent charge made on my credit card at the Madison Heights Kmart for over $350! These people are fast and know what they're doing! To anyone reading this, BE VERY CAREFUL! Ladies, keep close tabs on your purses...do not set them down, even in a stroller or right next to you. Better yet, don't bring them in the malls with you! If you have children with you, you are an even bigger target because these creeps know you are easily distracted! They are lurking around everywhere, even in places that you think are safe (i.e. the Vera Bradley store!). I will never carry a purse into the mall again.

“I'm back,,JACK”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2009
BEWARE in TROY.,,.TROY's main BUSINESS,<hire's the best LOBBIst,that importants INdie BUsiness,law firms that BRAG about protecting GITMO TERRORist,and can kept u in American Illegally 4ever,> is 2 import immgrants,some laws r differ in other countries.HAVE a NICE DAY in TROY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'He could've saved Mark's life' (Jan '08) Apr '16 Citizen for all 25
wwe Jan '16 sexystud 1
News Rally against Islam outnumbered by counterprote... (Oct '15) Jan '16 Liberty 82
Replica YSL Belts (Apr '14) Dec '15 sally 3
News Former priest barred from working as priest (Apr '07) Dec '15 Pope 4
home invaders (Sep '15) Nov '15 take em on 2
prostitution ring and the cops are the tricks (Sep '15) Nov '15 take em on 2

New Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Baltimore Mortgages