'He could've saved Mark's life'

'He could've saved Mark's life'

There are 25 comments on the Macomb Daily story from Jan 11, 2008, titled 'He could've saved Mark's life'. In it, Macomb Daily reports that:

“Could've, maybe, you don't know. It's conjecture, a guess.”

A man accused of shooting to death his friend in what he claims was an accident may have been able to save him if he had called police, but he never did and tried to cover up the incident, an assistant ... via Macomb Daily

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Macomb Daily.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr Brown

United States

#25 Mar 26, 2012
It's sad that the friends life could have been saved if only he hadn't tried to cover it up. So sad. I read this article while sitting in the dentist's chair waiting to get a cleaning done. Dr. Jarrod Brown DDS offers dental services to meet the needs of the whole family. Located in Danville VA, near Martinsville and Chatham Virginia. Looks like visiting the dentist allows me to get my teeth cleaned and some current event reading in also. http://www.danville-dentist.com/
MichiganChick

Saint Clair, MI

#26 Nov 23, 2012
I know that this has been some years ago now and I always stayed silent. I went to high school with both of them, they acted like idiots all the time, but you never think anything of it when you're in high school, because we were all still kids. I never thought Chad would kill Mark later on down the road. But it sadly happened and Chad should have been put away for years for what he did, but for some reason he wasn't. How can you have faith in the judicial system when it fails? Sure, it could have been an accident and since Chad has always acted like an idiot, I guess he thought hiding Mark's body was a good idea at the time. But then you have to look at it from a different angle, I don't care how drunk and/or idiotic someone is, if it was truly an accident, they should have had sense enough to call 911.

And someone said there wasn't partying going on in that house is just trying to cover something up themselves. Because that place at times was just like the movie Animal House and I don't care what someone has to say about that. The father didn't care and still doesn't care what the people do there. And it's true, his mother was in prison for a hit and run (not sure if she still is) and he used to brag about it in school and even gave details about it.

Also, if you look at Chad's Facebook these days, it's all about drugs, drinking, and getting high. I think he has put Mark's death behind him and actually has forgot about it. Like it was just some bump in the road that he got past. Which is horrible, he took a persons life, someone that was supposed to be his best friend, and he just gets past it? That just shows that he really has no remorse for what he did.

I feel so bad for Mark's family, his dad even left the police department, because he was so distraught over Chad getting just a slap on the hand. He should have gotten a harsher sentence, but now he's just out there partying it up like nothing happened.

R.I.P. Mark William Marschke
krystle hopkins

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Feb 16, 2013
MichiganChick wrote:
I know that this has been some years ago now and I always stayed silent. I went to high school with both of them, they acted like idiots all the time, but you never think anything of it when you're in high school, because we were all still kids. I never thought Chad would kill Mark later on down the road. But it sadly happened and Chad should have been put away for years for what he did, but for some reason he wasn't. How can you have faith in the judicial system when it fails? Sure, it could have been an accident and since Chad has always acted like an idiot, I guess he thought hiding Mark's body was a good idea at the time. But then you have to look at it from a different angle, I don't care how drunk and/or idiotic someone is, if it was truly an accident, they should have had sense enough to call 911.
And someone said there wasn't partying going on in that house is just trying to cover something up themselves. Because that place at times was just like the movie Animal House and I don't care what someone has to say about that. The father didn't care and still doesn't care what the people do there. And it's true, his mother was in prison for a hit and run (not sure if she still is) and he used to brag about it in school and even gave details about it.
Also, if you look at Chad's Facebook these days, it's all about drugs, drinking, and getting high. I think he has put Mark's death behind him and actually has forgot about it. Like it was just some bump in the road that he got past. Which is horrible, he took a persons life, someone that was supposed to be his best friend, and he just gets past it? That just shows that he really has no remorse for what he did.
I feel so bad for Mark's family, his dad even left the police department, because he was so distraught over Chad getting just a slap on the hand. He should have gotten a harsher sentence, but now he's just out there partying it up like nothing happened.
R.I.P. Mark William Marschke
What the hell does my mom being in prison have to with this?! You dont know my family or what weve been threw, you sure as shit dont know damn thing about my mother and her situation and you should keep, keeping your mouth shut because untill youve sat down with chad you have no tight to comment on how you think hes put this past him and what he does in his life....next time you wanna speak on my family put your real name on it you coward.
Margaret Marschke

Arvada, CO

#28 Sep 6, 2014
Chad Hopkins wrote:
Yeah i am.
You know what you did to Mark and our family May you live everyday of your life knowing that you got away with it. Every time you look in the mirror I hope you see Mark's face and what you did
Citizen for all

Detroit, MI

#29 Apr 1, 2016
Chad Hopkins is a useless human being that has no purpose on this planet. The fact that he spawned a child is a complete disgrace as he should still be in prison. Instead, he is out doing the same things and making the same decisions again. I wish there was a hell for him to burn in. For now, all we can ask for is that his stupidity brings him much pain and sorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Jerry Renfro Jul 12 Linda Renfro 3
Looking for Jerry Renfro Jul 6 Linda Renfro 3
wwe (Jan '16) Jul 2 Linda Renfro 2
benifit for billy wade (Feb '10) Jul 2 Linda Renfro 2
News Rally against Islam outnumbered by counterprote... (Oct '15) Jan '16 Liberty 82
Replica YSL Belts (Apr '14) Dec '15 sally 3
News Former priest barred from working as priest (Apr '07) Dec '15 Pope 4

New Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Baltimore Mortgages