16-year-old found guilty in Casco Township murder

A jury found a 16-year-old boy guilty Thursday of first-degree murder, armed robbery and two counts of larceny for the May 31 beating and stabbing death of a 43-year-old Casco Township woman. Full Story
look both ways

Prospect Heights, IL

#62 May 6, 2007
dwalts wrote:
<quoted text>****i'm sure you think your side of the "story" is correct, but why don't you get your facts straight. what's the real reason the kids were given back to their mother? check court records. i'm sure brandons father has had alot of sleepless nights . any murder is tragic, but the mistakes we make as parents don't cause a child to kill****
why dont you walk across the street and give her the MOTHER of the year award

Since: Jun 07

United States

#63 Jun 15, 2007
OUTRAGED wrote:
I am writing this because of how completely appalled I am after the guilty verdict of Raymond Carp. Please don't misunderstand; what happened to that woman was unfathomable to say the least. I also feel like there should be some sort of punishment for Raymond because he failed to inform the authorities right away. I am not a stupid person but I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to the law. I don't understand how duress can be left out of such an important decision. One that has put a then 15 year old behind bars for the rest of his natural life without the possibility of parole. It has been all over the news that Samantha Bachynski has testified in her own defense that she only participated in brutally murdering that pregnant woman and her husband because she feared for her life. During Raymond's trial the mere word duress was not allowed. This was a 15 year old that watched his brother torture a woman and had no participation in actually killing her. He never physically touched the woman and was made to stay in the home against his will. Yet the fact that his life was being threatened by his own brother was not allowed to be a determining factor in the jury's decision. Why then is this woman allowed to waste the courts time after all it was 3 innocent people she physically helped murder. Not only was duress left out but the fact that this boy's brother has had an extremely violent past and therefore Raymond's fear of him was understandable. Another important thing that I want people to understand is that for years the family had tried to gain custody of Raymond, because of the horrendous living conditions this boy had to endure. The state time after time failed this boy, making appointments to visit his home, obviously giving his mother time to get food in the home and clean up. Neglect, abuse, and the feeling of knowing that your own mother doesn't care the way she should has brought this boy to where he is today. On that dreadful night a 15 year old had no business being out of the house that late on a school night, or left in the care of an already violent, unstable person, brother or not. The lack of parenting of this boy has inevitably led to where he is today, indirectly or not. If Samantha Bachynski is allowed to use duress as part of her defense, being an adult, then where is the justice for the 15 year old tried as an adult now sitting in prison for the rest of his life. The system has failed him over and over again. In my opinion the system has also failed Ms. McNeely. Thank you for your time.
Everything that you have said, I agree with, but I don't have many opinions of my own on this.

My little brother was best friends with Butchie for many years. I have so many memories of them, when they were young.
He was like an adopted little brother to me, and no matter what the true story is, I always be here for him.
Kyle Dye

Lake Worth, FL

#64 Jun 15, 2007
I can remember when Canada hung a 16 year old boy. About mid to late 50's.
I can NEVER forget my dear friend's and close neighbors son and brother, about 21 years old going to the electric chair-old. Stupid blind southern redneck justice! That was 50 years ago!
I'm sure not defending your friend, but it could have been a lot worse. I was there in Detroit when I saw the grieving parents who couldn't even speak when the time came. I was about 12 yrs. old and am 62 now, I guess I've lived a lot in my time.
Kyle Dye

Lake Worth, FL

#65 Jun 15, 2007
I'm sorry, I forgot to say that the electrocution was in Florida.
hit man bh

Prospect Heights, IL

#66 Jun 27, 2007
margie has caused alot of people much grief. She really is a nobody, with a name like Carp hopefully she will soon sleep with the fish.
fof

Prospect Heights, IL

#67 Jul 5, 2007
dwalts wrote:
<quoted text>****i'm sure you think your side of the "story" is correct, but why don't you get your facts straight. what's the real reason the kids were given back to their mother? check court records. i'm sure brandons father has had alot of sleepless nights . any murder is tragic, but the mistakes we make as parents don't cause a child to kill****
Brandons father does have sleepless nights. Everyday he reads the obituaries in the paper if Margie is'nt in them, another sleepless night.
exx gurl

Grand Rapids, MI

#68 Aug 10, 2007
butch was my baby and always will be no matter all this shit ppl talk
OLD FRIEND

Goose Creek, SC

#69 Dec 17, 2007
OUTRAGED wrote:
I am writing this because of how completely appalled I am after the guilty verdict of Raymond Carp. Please don't misunderstand; what happened to that woman was unfathomable to say the least. I also feel like there should be some sort of punishment for Raymond because he failed to inform the authorities right away. I am not a stupid person but I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to the law. I don't understand how duress can be left out of such an important decision. One that has put a then 15 year old behind bars for the rest of his natural life without the possibility of parole. It has been all over the news that Samantha Bachynski has testified in her own defense that she only participated in brutally murdering that pregnant woman and her husband because she feared for her life. During Raymond's trial the mere word duress was not allowed. This was a 15 year old that watched his brother torture a woman and had no participation in actually killing her. He never physically touched the woman and was made to stay in the home against his will. Yet the fact that his life was being threatened by his own brother was not allowed to be a determining factor in the jury's decision. Why then is this woman allowed to waste the courts time after all it was 3 innocent people she physically helped murder. Not only was duress left out but the fact that this boy's brother has had an extremely violent past and therefore Raymond's fear of him was understandable. Another important thing that I want people to understand is that for years the family had tried to gain custody of Raymond, because of the horrendous living conditions this boy had to endure. The state time after time failed this boy, making appointments to visit his home, obviously giving his mother time to get food in the home and clean up. Neglect, abuse, and the feeling of knowing that your own mother doesn't care the way she should has brought this boy to where he is today. On that dreadful night a 15 year old had no business being out of the house that late on a school night, or left in the care of an already violent, unstable person, brother or not. The lack of parenting of this boy has inevitably led to where he is today, indirectly or not. If Samantha Bachynski is allowed to use duress as part of her defense, being an adult, then where is the justice for the 15 year old tried as an adult now sitting in prison for the rest of his life. The system has failed him over and over again. In my opinion the system has also failed Ms. McNeely. Thank you for your time.
I KNEW THE BOYS MOM WHEN I WAS A TEEN AND AFTER SHE MARRIED BRANDON'S DAD. THE MOM WAS GIVEN EVERYTHING WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG FROM HER PARENTS WHICH TAUGHT HER ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. THEREFORE SHE BROUGHT THAT TO HER PARENTING SKILLS-SHE IS A PARTIER AND UNABLE TO CARE FOR HERSELF FARTHER THAN PARTYING. IT IS A SHAME A TOTAL SHAME FOR ALL INVOLVED. UNFORTUNATELY THERE WERE ISSUES 17 YEARS AGO THAT HAD THEY BEEN CONFRONTED COULD HAVE CHANGED THE DIRECTION OF THESE CHILDRENS LIVES.
wise-guy

Roseville, MI

#70 Jan 20, 2008
fof wrote:
<quoted text>Brandons father does have sleepless nights. Everyday he reads the obituaries in the paper if Margie is'nt in them, another sleepless night.
I know Brandons father, and his family. I'm surprised with all the people he is associated with and the connections he has, this bitch is still breathing air!
Knew Him

Saint Clair, MI

#71 Mar 28, 2008
What was Butchie's brothers name?
annoymous

Milford, MI

#72 Jun 2, 2008
Knew Him wrote:
What was Butchie's brothers name?
brandon gorecki
cass

Saint Clair, MI

#73 Mar 25, 2009
wow i dont know what the fuck mitzi is saying but for one thing the only reason butchie didnt testify beign afraid of brandon was b/c he was his brother. he was standing by his side, brandont was the only person in the right mind that butchie had. yeah i know shit went down, but i know the story, so shut your damn mouth
mmt

Marcus Hook, PA

#74 May 12, 2010
I want to say that I knew brandon & butchie. And I also knew maryann, the woman those sick little bastards tortured and murdered. They beat her to death with small household appliances, they did many, many sick things to her. She was so kind that she welcomed that criminal into her home, offered him a place to stay while he tried to get his life together, he repayed her by brutally murdering her when she refused to give him money for his drugs. She was a good woman, was active in her community, a great mother, and soo many other wonderful things. She was very well loved. Brandon & butchie used to be nice guys, or so they seemed. Those boys were on heroine, I know this for certain, as I personally knew them. It is soo wrong what they did. They should both rott.
betty

Marine City, MI

#75 Oct 2, 2010
to anonymous, I guess Janelle isn't doing too well, now. SHE'S DEAD! I don't know the family well, met Janelle and Margie a few times, what I do know is that Janelle was not a happy person and had been battling drug problems for a long time and so is her mother.
pissed off

Climax, MI

#76 Oct 2, 2010
betty wrote:
to anonymous, I guess Janelle isn't doing too well, now. SHE'S DEAD! I don't know the family well, met Janelle and Margie a few times, what I do know is that Janelle was not a happy person and had been battling drug problems for a long time and so is her mother.
seriously ur an asshole jenelle had nothing to do with any of this and how dare u post this bullshit about her death and her u heartless bastard leave her out of this shit she was a beautiful person who made a bad choice u should be ashamed of your self for bringing her in this not even 3 days after her funeral... u really r douchbag LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO W/ THE CASE AND IT IS NO ONES BUSINESS
pissed off

Climax, MI

#77 Oct 2, 2010
TO EVERYONE WHO KEEPS PUTTING JANELLE'S NAME IN THIS SHIT ......... QUIT SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT SO STOP BRINGING HER INTO THIS... PUT YOUR ENERGY INTO SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HAS TO DO WITH THE CASE.....
CecilRhodes

New Baltimore, MI

#78 Feb 1, 2011
This is an outrage. They shouldn't put this kid in jail for life. They should have hanged the little freak. He is a murderer...a sociopath. Whatever happens to him is better than he deserves. We can only hope that he becomes some cruel felon's "property" while in prison.
Ashley

United States

#79 Aug 11, 2011
i know butchie very well, me my brother and my sister, we were all close, and all that i gotta say is whatever marqerie did in her past thats the past, just by her actions or what she did, did not make brandon do what he did he did it on himself. as for butchie come on now what do you really expect a 15 year old to do, brandon was butchies role model. he always hunq out with him and e wanted to do what ever it was that brandon did, butchie was scared frightned for his life , infact he tied takinq his own life because of what happned, and for all you people to sit there and say oh hes 15 he should know better brandon quoted:( if you dont help) you'll be lyinq riqht next to her, i mean as a 15 year old in what state of mind are you really capable to think. butchie was in the wronq place and the wronq time,. alot of shit happend to butchie, his father committed suicide, he was in a unstable enviornment, his mind was so messed up he didnt know who to turn to or nothinq. maryann was a (druqqie) she was no better, but i will say that i pray for her and her family. but also marqerie does care about her kids i cant sit here and say that she doesnt because she does she really doesnt know how to show her love for her kids because of what she went through herself. but what i can say is whatever marqerie did , she did it for a reason because she loves her kids, and you guys try to be in her shoes first brandon and butchie qets sentenced to prison and then jennelle passed away (rip) babyqirl i love you, what more do you expect out of this woman. idont care what anyody says FREE BUTCHIE !!!!! off'topp. i love you bestfriend and keep your head up.:)
jaime

United States

#80 May 9, 2012
betty wrote:
Janelle was troubled but a great person. We worked ay Legends together and immediatly she was family. She passed away in Sept 2010..she is greatly missed by many.
Stephanie CARP

United States

#81 Mar 25, 2014
I'm appalled that you would call yourself Butchie's best friend yet sit and defend that good for nothing "mother" he has, and I use word mother very loosely! Butchie unfortunately never had a fighting chance that is exactly why the family tried so hard to gain custody. I myself called several times about her inability to take care of herself let alone a child! I took that little boy to his fathers funeral because his mother couldn't handle it! When he needed her the most she was as selfish as ever! I'm tired of everyone feeling sorry for Margie, if she can steal it she will, if she can scam you she will, if she can sue you she will so you OBVIOUSLY don't know the real Margie! She agreed to let him live with our family as long as she could keep the money she received but she allowed her now husband to stick his nose where it didn't belong and he said no. If that asshole would have said yes Butchie wouldn't be where he is today! I blame him as much as her! The truth will come out, and I can't wait until both Margie and Chris get what they have coming to them! Best friend my ass!!
I'm replying because Butchie was my best friend and im not going to judge what was said here. The mother has many problems and could not help what was going on she has a bad head injury and her husband had commited suicide she has had a very hard time with all of this i i think it is wrong for her to be judged about something noone uinderstands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Macomb County Police Abuse Feb 26 Alert 1
Queen Elsa effect: Great Lakes are freezing fast Feb 20 Sahara 1
jennifer norris Feb 12 Streetrunner 2
State, ferry owner butting heads, again Jan '15 Bronco46 1
Tavern searched in sexual assault case (Mar '08) Jan '15 the one you ruined 15
Ferry closed? Jan '15 Fluke_2001 1
Friend of the Court, Department of Social Servi... (Aug '06) Dec '14 Bernadine 23
New Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:19PM
McCown Signing Doesn't Improve Brutal QB Situation
NFL 8:50 AM