McCloud reflects on 2009, plans for 2010

There are 10 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Jan 6, 2010, titled McCloud reflects on 2009, plans for 2010. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

Reynoldsburg Mayor Brad McCloud talked about 2009 and looked ahead to this year during an interview in his office at the Reynoldsburg Municipal Building onWednesday, Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HuberHoney

Columbus, OH

#22 Jan 11, 2010
All I can say is you need a lesson in who has jurisdiction to do what at the City level of government, or any level for that matter. The Mayor cannot MAKE the Prosecutor do anything. What about that is so difficult for you to understand? Public school education maybe??? You do seem to have alot of gripes and I'm sure that's how you perceive anything you come into contact with. For being such a bitter person, do you feel the previous administration was better, and it what regard. If you have a problem with the way code enforcement is being prosecuted in this city, then may I suggest you take up that point with the Prosecutor's office. If the Prosecutor is handed, as you so eloquently say "half-assed" cases by the city building dept. maybe the prosecutor should take up that issue with the members of the building dept. What say you?
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

#23 Jan 11, 2010
If the City Administration is/has been doing such a wonderful job, you might ask why code enforcement has remained on the Service Committee agenda for the last 6-7 months. Hint: it has nothing to do with the city attorneys office, but how the administration and their departments enforce-or in a lot of cases just drive by code violations.
On the Money

Memphis, TN

#24 Jan 11, 2010
The problem your having HuberHoney is understanding that Sgt Larry Finkus, oops - I mean "taxpayer" is a real grump that won't be happy with McCloud. You see, no matter how much he barks about McCloud and his hours, etc., McCloud is still working harder than "taxpayer" is and McCloud has more respect from his staff than "taxpayer" does.
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

#25 Jan 11, 2010
Unfortunately you have the wrong person On the Money..A small tidbit for all the readers though: a few months back a longtime business owner in Tomatoville was contacted by the Citys' code enforcement people concerning some violations..No problem up to this point-if an individual or business is in violation they should take care of the problem..Coincidentally, a few days later after the code people showed up the business owner received an unsolicited and unwelcome visit from the mayors step-father, who is a realtor in the city and acted like the business owners' long-lost friend..wanting to purchase the property..Yep-respect is alive and well in Tomatoville..
taxpayer785

Reynoldsburg, OH

#26 Jan 15, 2010
Taxpayer thinks he knows a lot about the code enforcement issues in our city, but as one who makes this issue a priority in the city and attends council meetings and zoning meetings I can enlighten him a little on this issue...the Court and the Building Dept. both strive for compliance more than fines...they would rather not hurt the homeowner with a fine right away if he will use that money to improve his property...It's not like the city is losing money, the ADMIN is in place every day anyway (Clerk,Prosecutor,Code Enforcent)...it's what they get paid for, and without them this city would have looked like Whitehall or Columbus a long time ago stupid!!!
taxpayer wrote:
Not as confused as one who would defend someone making about $90,000 a year who comes to work part-time and has to have the city employees babysit his kid..Huber Honey-I suggest since you know so much about the City's code enforcement efforts you go to the clerk of courts office to see what has happened with almost every one of them in 2009-they are being dismissed without even paying court costs to cover the administration of the court case..
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

#27 Jan 18, 2010
At the time an individual is cited into court, particularly at the city's pace, they have had ample warning and time to correct situations, some of which involve no more than cleanup. If taxpayer 785 is so familiar with the city's code enforcement efforts, may be they can explain why the code people repeatedly drive by violations in plain sight every day without stopping to get out of their vehicles? Funny how a lot of weekends one can drive through the city especially in the summer and see all the signs along the roads and intersections for everything from Reynoldsburg singles to condos for sale. Taxpayer 785- I suggest you open your eyes-maybe drive through Eastshire-Eastgreen Apts-it looks exactly like Whitehall and Columbus..or maybe since you are so well informed YOU can tell the readers why the mayors stepfather approached a business owner after the business owner was visited by code enforcement and, acting like his long-lost friend wanted to but his property..
taxpayer785

Reynoldsburg, OH

#28 Jan 19, 2010
I have no idea what you are talking about with the mayor's step father (this is sounding like a personal vendetta now)...but as far as code enforcement and the picking up of signs, I believe that they do a wonderful job, all one has to do is look across the intersection at the Columbus sector of Brice and Livingston on any day...I just got off of the phone with one of the Code Officers and he told me that signs are picked up every morning (Mon-Sat), and that the signs may be there very early in the morning (because people put the signs out at night) but that they will be picked up shortly. If it were not for Code Enforcement this town would be terrible...Why are you trying to create a problem where there is not one???
taxpayer wrote:
At the time an individual is cited into court, particularly at the city's pace, they have had ample warning and time to correct situations, some of which involve no more than cleanup. If taxpayer 785 is so familiar with the city's code enforcement efforts, may be they can explain why the code people repeatedly drive by violations in plain sight every day without stopping to get out of their vehicles? Funny how a lot of weekends one can drive through the city especially in the summer and see all the signs along the roads and intersections for everything from Reynoldsburg singles to condos for sale. Taxpayer 785- I suggest you open your eyes-maybe drive through Eastshire-Eastgreen Apts-it looks exactly like Whitehall and Columbus..or maybe since you are so well informed YOU can tell the readers why the mayors stepfather approached a business owner after the business owner was visited by code enforcement and, acting like his long-lost friend wanted to but his property..
Down with complainers

Columbus, OH

#29 Jan 19, 2010
Tax payer...I am killing time waiting for my laundry, and the whole time you are killing me. With all of your negativity and accusations you offer up not one suggestion. You are critical of projects like a community garden, and giving some attention to a dying intersection (Brice and Livingston) and the city finally trying to invest in some capital projects that will build community and not just pavement, BUT YOU OFFER UP NOT ONE RECOMMENDATION OR SUGGESTION. If you were mayor what would you be doing? I applaud the mayor and city staff for investing in community projects and from what I can see is a city getting better. At appears as though the city for the first time since I can remember living here actually cares, unlike when Mayor Bob was in office. Also, how do you know when the Mayor is in the office....do you work there??? How else would you know uless a mole is feeding you information...
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

#30 Jan 21, 2010
All-here are some suggestions:

1) Get a mayor who at least comes in before 10-10:30am and puts in 8 hours work a day

2) Do what a lot of other communities have done and sub out the entire building department including code enforcement.

3) Put a Service Director in there that does something other than put on her makeup and keep combing her hair during meetings and when in her office.

4) Term limits on all elected officials..maybe then there would not be a repeat of the Mayor Bobs..

If you guys are so curious about the mayors step-father showing up to buy a property right after code enforcemnt people were there why not just ask him? As for hwo anyone knows when the mayor is in-easy-just look for his red Jeep any morning before 10 and any afternoon after 4 or 5.After Monday council you can find him at B.W. 3's with his cronies.
Taxpayer shadow

Grove City, OH

#31 Feb 27, 2013
Or maybe Taxpayer actually DID work for the city...
Yep-he left some 'messes' to be cleaned up when he was laid off in '09...
Wondering why you didn't even get an opportunity to interview for the CBO position. Could it be that you burnt some bridges?
YEP!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genoa township Police and Fire Levy 33 min GenoaOldTimer 5
News Food pantry leaving gentrified Short North 2 hr Pam 5
News Reward increased for 'Buckeye Bandit' Apr 29 Big Johnson 1
News Underage couple win permission to marry | The C... (Oct '10) Apr 29 Angry Parent 223
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) Apr 26 wes 2,760
News Reynoldsburg police arrest teens in beating of ... (Jun '09) Apr 25 foronceitworked 48
The Snipes from Premier Signing Service Apr 25 eqs1049 3
More from around the web

New Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]