Westerville Redistricting Plan Means ...

Westerville Redistricting Plan Means Changes For Middle Schools | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 26 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Apr 26, 2011, titled Westerville Redistricting Plan Means Changes For Middle Schools | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Administrators with Westerville City Schools approved a redistricting option Monday night that will impact some middle school students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
10TV is a rainbow flag

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 26, 2011
I work at GMS and currently we have three plans that may take shape depending on admins:

1. Keep the kids in the gym and play dodgeball for half a day with frisbees and baseballs [if we can get the money for said equipment].

2. Keep the kids on the bus and use plywood for desks and install drop down chalkboards on the windshield.

3.Allow bullying to dictate who stays and who goes.

Remember, let the levy pass and we may be able to do all three.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 26, 2011
Westerville used to have all good schools. Now? The infiltration on the north side has ruined it.You have to go pretty far north to escape the virus killing the schools.
me me me

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2011
Oh yes because rich kids don't ever get in trouble! please!
Ashy Larry wrote:
Westerville used to have all good schools. Now? The infiltration on the north side has ruined it.You have to go pretty far north to escape the virus killing the schools.
wendylynne

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 26, 2011
It is still a good School District...it has struggles like any other. There is no way to do this without it upsetting and impacting families....a bitter pill I realize,but you have to realize,you cant make everyone happy with this situation.
Westerville Parent

Naperville, IL

#5 Apr 26, 2011
Ashy Larry wrote:
As a Westerville North Grad of 94, the school system has gone down considerably since Brookhaven and Beechcroft began sending their students to Westerville due to the same "overcrowding issues". Westerville never had a issue with racism until a club was started back in 92 called "In Different Shades" which was a club that was geared towards females of other races (other than Caucasian). After a few months went by, an announcement was made over the intercom during morning announcements by the same group of girls who pushed for a club such as this asking the school why we have a "racist problem"? Ever since then, the school system has took a turn for the worst. As a mother of a Westerville (soon to be middle schooler), I have been against home schooling but more and more I have been thinking about this option being better for my child to get the proper education without all the hoopla these children go through on a daily basis.Also, if it wasn't for my family being here I would have moved a long time ago.
Westerville Parent

Naperville, IL

#6 Apr 26, 2011
me me me wrote:
Oh yes because rich kids don't ever get in trouble! please!
<quoted text>
Not everyone in Westerville is "rich".
former student

Westerville, OH

#7 Apr 26, 2011
i am a former student of genoa and i live in the huber village community .. going to blendon in my opinion would be more logical since it is closer to our homes.. and since gas prices are rising maybe it will save the district money

also the comment made about the people farther north staying out of trouble what i saw was rich spoiled kids the bullied and did drug so rich ppl drug test your kids their the ones that can afford it !
former student

Westerville, OH

#8 Apr 26, 2011
not everyone is rich your right but the mah=jority is upper middle class .. hence medallion !
former student

Westerville, OH

#9 Apr 26, 2011
westerville parent is it the black kids ur trying to keep your kids awayfrom because their not the problem in most cases
Mr Big

Powell, OH

#10 Apr 26, 2011
Win Lose is a farce. The School Board has thrown Heritage Middle School under the bus with a 45% economically deprived population. But dont mess with Genoa!!
Thanks a lot, Danny Good.
former student

Westerville, OH

#11 Apr 26, 2011
so are u saying that the deprived students ruin the district .. so since there parents made a stupid decision and did not get the proper education to get a well paying job there kids have to suffer ... wow westerville is producing ignorance i see !

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 26, 2011
The north side is slowly giving way to section 8 which is filled by Somalians and with that comes the downgrading of the Westerville schools.

To Former student
Everyone can go to school and get an education as long as they are not lazy, and have a little drive. So don't play the poor card. I was poor and got an education. People are pu$$ies these days and want everything handed to them Sense of entitlement has ruined everything our parents worked for. You work for it and you will have it. In this day and age if you complain enough you can probably get it anyway.
Claude

Westerville, OH

#13 Apr 26, 2011
It looks like they are pulling the lower income kids out of Genoa. Pretty typical move for Westerville schools. Those who scream the loudest get the most attention. Remember their magnet (legacy) schools?
Bad

Columbus, OH

#14 Apr 26, 2011
It's someone else's fault. It's not mine.
me me me

United States

#15 Apr 26, 2011
So basically Westerville schools have been crap for over 30 years? North end attending westerville schools didn't just happen in the last couple of years.
former student

Westerville, OH

#16 Apr 26, 2011
everywhere u go there is going to be students that dont care or dont try but thats them but u cant just sterotype a group of people and say that they bring trouble it goes all the way back to dicrimination some Somalians take honors classes and graduate at the top of the class and some dont thats the same with whites blacks asians or even purple people at that everyone has a different work ethic and one group of people should not have to loose the quality of their education because the "white people" dont want the section 8 Somalians in their school
Voice of Reason

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 26, 2011
Ashy Larry wrote:
The virus is the parents.
ignorance is no excuse

Columbus, OH

#18 Apr 26, 2011
The WSD has posted these plans for the last few months on the website and in the local papers. They brought a firm in that created a few options and then they asked the transportation department to create some options. All options were analyzed and 2 new options were created. Letters continued to come home to the parents in weekly folders, asking for input. These changes should warrant no complaints b/c it's been in the making for months with warning.
Voice of Reason

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 26, 2011
Ashy Larry wrote:
The north side is slowly giving way to section 8 which is filled by Somalians and with that comes the downgrading of the Westerville schools.
To Former student
Everyone can go to school and get an education as long as they are not lazy, and have a little drive. So don't play the poor card. I was poor and got an education. People are pu$$ies these days and want everything handed to them Sense of entitlement has ruined everything our parents worked for. You work for it and you will have it. In this day and age if you complain enough you can probably get it anyway.
Somolian parents actually push, reinforce and support the education of their children. Whites and blacks are the ones who allow their children to become bullies, vandalize property and showing no respect for those providing their education. They are the reason the system is falling apart.
Who is Ignorant

Powell, OH

#20 Apr 26, 2011
ignorance is no excuse wrote:
The WSD has posted these plans for the last few months on the website and in the local papers. They brought a firm in that created a few options and then they asked the transportation department to create some options. All options were analyzed and 2 new options were created. Letters continued to come home to the parents in weekly folders, asking for input. These changes should warrant no complaints b/c it's been in the making for months with warning.
Yes, parents have complained about these choices. Did the school board listen? Noooo. Sounds like you are happy with the results. You must live in Genoa/Medallion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 1 hr lilKrys 2,928
News Pataskala to get rid of chief (Dec '09) Wed Idk1234455 21
Carlos. Blanton (Jul '14) Wed Idk1234455 3
Katy dials Aug 8 that one guy 3
Looking for Kickstarter Backers for our Childre... Aug 2 kmiller 1
News Original Max and Erma's in German Village to cl... Aug 1 HoOtyWoO 4
News Fair tragedy: Victim enlisted in Marines Jul 31 HoOtyWoO 40

New Albany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance