Coroner Mark Golding investigation

Posted in the New Albany Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jun 13

Pontotoc, MS

#1 Jun 6, 2013
Guess he had everyone fooled. And to think we almost voted him as Chief of Police too! Sounds like he's admitting to this False Pretenses (stealing money), so how long must it be investigated? Will it be swept under a rug to?? If it was any of us we would be in jail all ready. All of us have had hard times but it's no excuse to steal, but I guess it's easy to when you could hide behind a badge!! Does this not make yall mad?? How embarasing for this town!
Justice

Hattiesburg, MS

#2 Jun 6, 2013
A/b time. I know him personally and he's a shady ass alcoholic!

Pontotoc, MS

#3 Jun 6, 2013
Justice wrote:
A/b time. I know him personally and he's a shady ass alcoholic!
Does being an alcoholic make it ok to steal? Or is that going to be his excuse to go to a rehab instead of jail where we would be at right now? Doesnt his wife work at a bank? Can they get all they want there to? What next?
Honkytonkwoman1

Duluth, GA

#4 Jun 6, 2013
What I think is sad is that people are so quick to judge. When you make a wrong, you gotta make it right, which is what he's doing. We all get caught up in bad situations that at the time are an easy out. Instead of being judge mental, people need to look at their own lives before they cast stones at others.....in some was we all live in glass houses. From what I have seen or read, he has not denied anything. He is a GOOD man that made a bad choice. I feel that will be proven in the long run and he will take ownership of that. Instead of casting stones, I will be the first to pray for him and the situation and leave the judgement to God and the courts.
Nothinbutsunshin e

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2013
People are so quick to judge people with the first whisper of something bad . Well Mark Golden is a wonderful person tht made a bad mistake but tht does not take away from the friend he has been to me n my family so in light of tht I will continue to be his friend . Yes he will have to face his mistake an he is head on . I will be praying for him and his family as should everyone else !!!
Hillbilly

Duluth, GA

#6 Jun 6, 2013
I think it's so wrong to cast stones when we have all sinned and done wrong. We should all come together and pray for him and his family. It is not our place to judge. Nobody knows what goes on in a persons life to make them do things that are wrong but I believe he will pay what he owes and make it right. Nobody's perfect so stop acting like you are...all I can say is i m love you Mark and Mel and I am glad to say you are my friends and always will be. God says don't turn your back on each other and they need us now more than ever'.
Coutrychic

Duluth, GA

#7 Jun 6, 2013
As the bible says let the one that has not sined cast the first stone. All have sined and come short of the glory of God. We have all done wrong in our lives. It takes a real man to admit he has done wrong. Instead of judging another man we should be praying for him and his family.
Sassy

Duluth, GA

#8 Jun 6, 2013
Remember the bible what Jesus said to the woman at the Well, he has not sinned cast the first stone! Who made any of you judge here on earth guess what you just sinned you judger!!! I do believe Sinners were used to do great work in the Bible!! Moses, Paul and David that's just 3!! Shame on all of you!!!
Golddigger

Duluth, GA

#9 Jun 6, 2013
If it hadn't been from his money grubbing skank of an ex wife, he never would have been out in this situation. Shame on her an her lack of education and self respect to get a job to support her own self!
Curlyque

Hollywood, FL

#10 Jun 6, 2013
Mark is a not only a good friend, but a great person. How dare people condem him and not think of all the positive things he has done for this town! Shame on y'all! But I thank God that I can call him a friend.....and always will.
Coutrychic

Duluth, GA

#11 Jun 6, 2013
Golddigger wrote:
If it hadn't been from his money grubbing skank of an ex wife, he never would have been out in this situation. Shame on her an her lack of education and self respect to get a job to support her own self!
Also when she did get of her ass and get a job she acts like she got hurt and try's to get on disability.
Golddigger

Duluth, GA

#12 Jun 6, 2013
Coutrychic wrote:
<quoted text>Also when she did get of her ass and get a job she acts like she got hurt and try's to get on disability.
I agree. She is a "class act" in the worst way possible! It's sad that people can overlook the things she did, but be so quick to be so negative about him.
Golddigger

Duluth, GA

#13 Jun 6, 2013
dumbstruck2 wrote:
Guess he had everyone fooled. And to think we almost voted him as Chief of Police too! Sounds like he's admitting to this False Pretenses (stealing money), so how long must it be investigated? Will it be swept under a rug to?? If it was any of us we would be in jail all ready. All of us have had hard times but it's no excuse to steal, but I guess it's easy to when you could hide behind a badge!! Does this not make yall mad?? How embarasing for this town!
I'm live in the county and am in no way embarrassed or mad. We are all human and no sin is worse than another. Shame on you!!!!!

Pontotoc, MS

#14 Jun 6, 2013
Oh of course I should feel completely ashamed, because I'm stating facts?? That isn't judging! Is it any different then the people he locked up for the same thing and I'm sure some of them confessed and was so sorry because they were CAUGHT. You people act like this was a one time thing and he confessed right away because he is such a great guy and felt guilty. And now it was because of his ex wife?? Really, who's judging??!! Last I knew he was a grown man with his own CHOICES!! This seems to have happened over a few YEARS not ONE time. Seems like a lot of choices to me. But I should be ashamed. This being ok for a lot of you worries me for this county. For that I will pray.
Honkytonkwoman1

Duluth, GA

#15 Jun 6, 2013
dumbstruck2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does being an alcoholic make it ok to steal? Or is that going to be his excuse to go to a rehab instead of jail where we would be at right now? Doesnt his wife work at a bank? Can they get all they want there to? What next?
His wife is a great person, as is he...they absolutely could have pursued a loan at a bank, but she has nothing to do with this. If you have no knowledge how can you be held accountable? And as far as the "alcoholic" comment....really? If you cared a bit about him and his family those accusations wouldn't have been made. Alcoholism is no joke....anybody who would use that as an excuse for a bad decision should be questioned for their imperfections. If that were truly the case a true friend or acquaintance would address that in other ways than a gossip site. That says very little for you.
Honkytonkwoman1

Duluth, GA

#16 Jun 6, 2013
dumbstruck2 wrote:
Oh of course I should feel completely ashamed, because I'm stating facts?? That isn't judging! Is it any different then the people he locked up for the same thing and I'm sure some of them confessed and was so sorry because they were CAUGHT. You people act like this was a one time thing and he confessed right away because he is such a great guy and felt guilty. And now it was because of his ex wife?? Really, who's judging??!! Last I knew he was a grown man with his own CHOICES!! This seems to have happened over a few YEARS not ONE time. Seems like a lot of choices to me. But I should be ashamed. This being ok for a lot of you worries me for this county. For that I will pray.
As you should pray for our county, thanks....We all appreciate that. Not judging you, but unless you know every detail, stop with the comments. Small minded people are what brings this community down, not someone who knows the details of this situation and the character of those involved. A bad decision is a bad decision and someone that takes ownership for their actions are more of a Christian than those that hide behind a username of a gossip page. Agree or disagree, just put it in Gods hands and the "true" judgement will come.

Pontotoc, MS

#17 Jun 6, 2013
Hmm funny I didn't bring up the alcoholic comment, but if the shoe fits. It's no secret that he and his wife drink all the time, and if you know them you know that, but I still didnt bring up THAT topic...Funny how everyone keeps changing what the real topic is. And as far as being more of a Christian than those that hide behind a username....I guess your real name is Honkytonkwoman1?? That got me real far with the REAL issue. I do understand that you think it's ok for someone to steal as long as you know them real well and "what kind of person they are"...as for the "other" thiefs sitting in jail, oh well God will judge them....I'm sure others would like to share their opinion now. Thank you for yours.

Pontotoc, MS

#18 Jun 6, 2013
Curlyque wrote:
Mark is a not only a good friend, but a great person. How dare people condem him and not think of all the positive things he has done for this town! Shame on y'all! But I thank God that I can call him a friend.....and always will.
Oh If you dont mind Curlyque, I would love to have a list of all the positive things he has done for this town!! I'm glad you can call him your friend, but that wasn't the topic of discussion whether he was friendly or not. A lot of nice people are sitting in jail. "People" are not condeming him, he did this to himself!!!!

United States

#19 Jun 6, 2013
I'm glad he FINALLY got caught. But of course he's gonna blame what he did on everyone but himself! Just like a gun kills a person, not the person behind the gun and McDonalds made.people fat, not the person choosin to eat there!! People are goin to back him up cause they sure as heck don't want him rattin on what else is goin on. I say for once, take the blame for ur actions! If he needed more money get a second freakin job!
Honkytonkwoman1

Duluth, GA

#20 Jun 6, 2013
dumbstruck2 wrote:
Hmm funny I didn't bring up the alcoholic comment, but if the shoe fits. It's no secret that he and his wife drink all the time, and if you know them you know that, but I still didnt bring up THAT topic...Funny how everyone keeps changing what the real topic is. And as far as being more of a Christian than those that hide behind a username....I guess your real name is Honkytonkwoman1?? That got me real far with the REAL issue. I do understand that you think it's ok for someone to steal as long as you know them real well and "what kind of person they are"...as for the "other" thiefs sitting in jail, oh well God will judge them....I'm sure others would like to share their opinion now. Thank you for yours.
You are welcome. We are each entitled to our opinions. I was addressing all comments, not singling you out. Time and justice will tell. Whatever happens, I choose to look at the good decisions he made instead of the negative ones. We are all human and have skeletons in our closets, I am personally thankful that mine stay in the closet, but hope if they ever do come out I hope im a decent enough person to not deny any facts and face the consequences, as Mark is. God bless him and us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joey trimble 8 min spanky 6
Yamato Steakhouse of Booneville 38 min myopinion 10
Mickey McVey and Lindsey Pharr 1 hr just saying 34
a good screw 11 hr Tank 6
Lindsay Pharr 12 hr did ya know 27
steven bridges 16 hr Family member 7
Where did Margie Penery go?? 16 hr Family member 8
New Albany Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web