Justice For David Camm

Justice For David Camm

There are 8246 comments on the Topix story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Justice For David Camm. In it, Topix reports that:

WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR: THE ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE JUSTICE FOR KIM, BRAD & JILL FREEDOM FOR DAVID CAMM THE TRUTH...THE SIMPLE TRUTH On September 28, 2000, Kimberly, Bradley, and Jill Camm were shot to death in the Camm family garage, located in Georgetown, Indiana, just a few miles from Louisville, Kentucky. The Indiana State Police (ISP) responded to the scene, as did the local prosecutor, Stanley Faith, who called for the assistance of a blood stain and crime scene re-constructionist. Three days after the crimes occurred, the husband of Kim and the father of Jill and Brad, David Camm, was arrested. In early 2002 David Camm was convicted of their murders and sentenced to 195 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections. Case solved. Case closed. In August, 2004, the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned Camm's conviction. Camm got a new trial. In November, 2004, Prosecutor Keith Henderson recharged Camm after having a "Fresh Eyes" team re-investigate the crime. Camm was re-charged. In March, 2005, another man, Charles Darnell Boney, was charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Camm was re-charged with Boney. In February, 2006, Boney was convicted and sentenced to 225 years in prison. Camm was convicted in March, 2006, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. Case solved. Case closed. Those are the facts of this case. Well, at least a few facts. Most people in the metropolitan area of Louisville are convinced that David Camm is a molester and murderer. They are convinced that Charles Boney helped him in some shape, manner, or form. There are those who know many more facts that are thoroughly convinced of David Camm's innocence and continue to fight for him and his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topix.

Bob C

Burlington, WI

#5990 Jun 14, 2012
The Clarence Elkins Case just won't go away.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x836128535/Anat...
camm supporter

Orlando, FL

#5992 Jun 15, 2012
Kathy Heil wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not be paying attention on here Bob, did you miss the class on guilty is guilty?
So what if his convictions were overturned and he was awarded millions. 12 misinformed jurors said he is guilty!
glad to have you back where you belong w4j; made me think of this
(possibly i need to hit happy hour quickly)

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Zack

Hogansville, GA

#5993 Jun 15, 2012
A friend of mine is aware Charles Boney is a small fry in a prison gang and that he doesn't get a lot of respect from other inmates because when alone he's a pussycat and his big mouth doesn't intimidate others.

This shows just how big and tough "Backboner" really is. He attacks and shoots a woman and two kids at night but can't handle himself with real men who can fight back.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5996 Jun 15, 2012
Julia wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have read, Charles grew up in New Albany, I did too. I know New Albany like the back of my hand, I moved to Louisville when I was in my twenties and then back over into Jeffersonville for the past 20 years. I do not know Jeffersonville like I know New Albany. It makes since that it is possible that Boney could have seen and stalked Kim, he grew up in the same area as the Karem's Meat Market and places she would frequent, living where they did. Was he working three jobs in 2000? I thought he was working 3 jobs when he was arrested in 2005.
I am stunned that you say it is the defense responsibility to have the shirt and palm print tested. The palm print should have been discovered and identified in the early days of the investigation, by the crime scene people I would presume. I feel like, in a trial all of the evidence should be considered not just what can be attributed to the defendant. I am starting to believe that if the evidence of Charles Boney would have been properly identified, David Camm may not be where he is.
Like I said I am starting to believe.....This is eating away at me, that I have only looked at the evidence of David Camm, I have never attempted to look at the Charles Boney stuff, because I already had Camm guilty. I believed the gun selling story...but when I try to tell the whole story, I can't, it doesn't make since. I try to be a fair and unjudgemental person....I fall short.
I have a family member who knows the woman who was attacked and held at gunpoint by Charles Boney, I have heard this woman's story and when all of this is laid out for me, it is causing me serious reasonable doubt. It would be diabolical, if David Camm has been in prison and suffering the loses he has suffered....if he is innocent. I don't know if he is or not. I just want this next trial to put ALL of the evidence out there and it to come out how it should.
Charles Boney had the "advantage" of 5 years to get rid of any kind of evidence he may have had on him.....I don't think badly of Mrs. Boney or her daughter, they are not responsible for anyone but their own actions.
I am not sure Boney can be believed at this point, he has told so many lies. Watching his body language when he is lying to the interviewer.....scary stuff...he is an accomplished liar.
I'm trying hard to go back and look at the whole picture here, instead of the way I did look at it, with blinders on and only looking at a small part of the whole thing.
I just want the truth. I am sad for everyone involved in this, it is a terrible way to have to go through and deal with in this short life we get.
My relative said "Julia, Justice for Kim, Brad and Jill is, "the truth"...and David deserves that too" She believes that he has gotten these "chances" because the whole truth has not been told.
Boney seems to be able to tell a flat out lie, look someone straight in the eye, and not flinch. He looked the same when he told Richard Schlesinger that if David didn't do it, then there's still a killer out there, and that he didn't know David, as he did when he spoke to Ben Jackie got the gun for David in NA instead of driving to Louisville.(why would he change that particular part of his story, Oh it just dawned on me, it would be a long distance call from L'ville, and there would have been a record of it, and he said he went home to call the guy about getting David a gun. If he had a cell phone, he would not have had to go home). You're right Julia - it is scary what a good liar he is. I go back and forth sometimes too, because of the blood on the shoe, but nothing has convinced me 100% that it has to be hvis about it. There's just to much uncertainty about it, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Bob

Middletown, PA

#5998 Jun 16, 2012
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that he has had time to raise in the ranks of a gang member at Pendleton, he just moved there a couple months ago. Maybe you misunderstood, they probably said gang-banged, not gang member. They are not letting a baby murderer in their gang! He is probably still the same lying shoe sniffing jerk off he has always been.
I mean really, how manly is a man who gets off licking feet and smelling shoes.
Everybody in Pendleton is well aware oF what Boney did. They have more sense than the prosecution. He's getting his ass kicked daily. He's been begging to the CO's and it is not happening. Charles Boney is a spineless punk and everyday he gets his ass reamed or kicked. He's now what you would consider a bitch. On the other hand David Camm who everybody knows is innocent except the Boney's is given the royal treatment by the CO's because they know this man is innocent. That's how it works.
Walt

Middletown, PA

#5999 Jun 16, 2012
Kathy wrote:
I wonder what significance Thursday had for Boney, his crimes always happened on Thursday. If David set all of this up, I am supposed to believe that Boney just happened to run into David and sell him a gun, on the same night of the week his other felonies were committed.
Another one of those coincidence theories I keep hearing about!
Boney hating cops would of never sold a gun to a lilly white honkey boy like Camm. Now all the blacks want the whites to believe Boney went soft. Thug blacks hate lilly white boys like Camm. Especially cops. But when it's good for the blacks then the white boy did it. Here's a thug black now saying him and Camm are cool. Camm being white as white would never do business with this african. If you want to get caught deal with an 11 time convicted felon. All the blacks are screaming that Camm knew Boney's history. If he did he would of never bought a gun from this [email protected] Camm's so smart, Camm this, Camm that, then the black folks want us to believe this white honkey would buy a gun from a loser like Boney. If Camm wanted a gun so bad I'm sure Uncle Sam Lockhart would of bought him one because all you a$$hole's said uncle Sam bought everything else.
HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!
Trish

United States

#6000 Jun 18, 2012
Charles Boney stalked women at night and variously punched, hit, beat, kicked, tasered, robbed, and shot them, all the time getting sexually aroused over their shoes or stockings.

He's a PERVERT and a COWARD. Those claiming he'll testify in the next Camm case don't know him. He doesn't have the guts to get on the stand and get ripped apart. He'll stay in his prison cell and act the part of the punk he's always been.
Bob

Middletown, PA

#6001 Jun 18, 2012
11 eye witnesses vs 11 time convicted felon.

Shoe bandit. Sweat shirt. Palm print.

Backbone. Gun. Shoes on Bronco. DNA

Liar. Liar. Liar Liar. Liar. Liar.

Taser. Shoe fetish. Victims. Mayla

GUILTY
Julia

Jeffersonville, IN

#6002 Jun 19, 2012
I would just like for someone to explain how this all went down? I have so many questions.... First, how did Boney know exactly when to meet Camm, how did Camm know exactly when to sit out of the game, and how did he know Kim would return home at the time she did???? Where did David park his UDI truck? I could maybe explain this to you if it were just David on his own doing this murder, and I can explain how I think Boney did this...I just cannot put them together. the fact that Boney had a huge advantage with getting rid of all evidence on himself, but he left the palm print and sweatshirt.(how lucky can one person be..neither item tested???? go figure. I bet he thought he was so cool stuff waltzing around for 5 years thinking he committed the perfect crime. I just wonder how many times he mentioned the Camm's to other people.

I want to hear how the prosecutor ties both of these guys together. Or anyone else who can enlighten me.....but, from all I have read there are some real problems, but most of all it doesn't make sense at all.
Just the Facts

Shelbyville, KY

#6005 Jun 19, 2012
Julia wrote:
I would just like for someone to explain how this all went down? I have so many questions.... First, how did Boney know exactly when to meet Camm, how did Camm know exactly when to sit out of the game, and how did he know Kim would return home at the time she did???? Where did David park his UDI truck? I could maybe explain this to you if it were just David on his own doing this murder, and I can explain how I think Boney did this...I just cannot put them together. the fact that Boney had a huge advantage with getting rid of all evidence on himself, but he left the palm print and sweatshirt.(how lucky can one person be..neither item tested???? go figure. I bet he thought he was so cool stuff waltzing around for 5 years thinking he committed the perfect crime. I just wonder how many times he mentioned the Camm's to other people.
I want to hear how the prosecutor ties both of these guys together. Or anyone else who can enlighten me.....but, from all I have read there are some real problems, but most of all it doesn't make sense at all.
The only rational explanation is that the 7-8 stains on Camm’s shirt are in fact from contact with Jill’s hair and that Boney killed this family.
Bob

Middletown, PA

#6006 Jun 19, 2012
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The only rational explanation is that the 7-8 stains on Camm’s shirt are in fact from contact with Jill’s hair and that Boney killed this family.
Jesus Christ himself could tell some of you people that Boney and only Boney had done this and some of you would not believe him. But that doesn't suprise me. Well if ya don't believe in Jesus Christ then just look at the evidence that convicts Boney and clears Camm. Maybe that will work for ya.
Lewis Ville

United States

#6007 Jun 19, 2012
Let's see if I got this right:

Camm and Boney agree to meet at the house but there is no evidence the two ever met or contacted one another at any time;

Camm sneaks out of the gym while playing in a 5 on 5 game and no one misses him, even the guy who was guarding him;

After Boney and Camm meet at the house, Camm kills his family and tries to set up Boney by killing him so he can act the part of the hero even though he snuck out of the games so no one would miss him;

Boney, with a sexual obsession for feet and shoes, the very violent attacker of women at night, and an admitted serial liar, is the victim in all of this.

Okay, got it.
Julia

Jeffersonville, IN

#6010 Jun 19, 2012
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the rational thing to believe...when you put it all together, it becomes pretty clear what happened....to bad it was so distorted in the very beginning. It is pretty sad that it took me 12 years to come to my conclusions too.:(
Walt

Middletown, PA

#6011 Jun 19, 2012
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear as mud isn't it. That is what I have wondered as well. After David killed Boney, was he going to act shocked when he got home that night as if someone else had done this, or was he going to say he suddenly had the "feeling" he had to get home and found this strange black man trying to rape his wife.
There is no sense to be made out of any of it. How in God's name can anyone who hears the truth,(Not the jurors, they were never told.)even think for a minute that this makes any sense whatsoever?
If I were a juror in either one of these trials for Camm I would be absolutely furious of how I was mislead and lied too.
I can't believe to this day that Stan Faith and Keith Henderson were not brought up on a number of multiple charges.
I have no problem with the poster named Julia changing her mind I think it's a testament to all the posters who were very passionate about the facts that could let some level headed people see the truth and change their opinion. If someone could show me positive evidence that Camm was involved in this I would also feel different.
I also correspond with David Camm frequently and find him very much like anybody else I know. People don't understand that whether David Camm is aquitted or not he died the same day his family did. Was he the greatest husband no? He will be the first one to tell you that but they were working on their marriage and something else Boney robbed was David's chance to see that through. That is something David Camm will never ever get to do. He took his marriage for granted and he is the one that will have to live with that. But going on 13 years in prison for something he did not do is something he shouldn't have to live with.

camm supporter

Orlando, FL

#6013 Jun 20, 2012
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecutors are virtually free from any risk of wrong doing. All they have to say is oops, I did not know and the ethics review board says, OH OK. Henderson heads the Ethics commission in Indiana, who are we going to tell?
I just sent a letter to Congressman Todd Young about how unfair it is that there is no oversight for our prosecutors, and they are free to do as they please.
Just about every letter David writes me mentions how sorry he is for ever taking Kim for granted, how much he misses and loves her and the kids. It would be so easy for him to just not mention it. But he almost always does.
People make me sick when all they consider is what the Renn's lost. David's family lost that plus him. And, David has lost his family plus his own life.
There is no point I have learned in even trying to speak to the haters.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.~Thomas Paine
unfortunately its not just the local yokels that need such medicine, the powers that be do as well

if stan levco goes forward with this case, will he say why? will he point to the evidence that shows he has a good case? will he talk to boney to try to see if there is a connection that is believable between him and camm? is he going to try to put the molestation evidence on again? does he believe that there is no way that camms experts on the 4-8 microscopic dots of blood are transfer and he believes all camm's experts are wrong beyond a reasonable doubt and that there is no way his experts are wrong; does he think the gsr and/or brass particles help his case

will he talk to the 11 bball players and get their story again? or is he just going to play devils advocate like henderson/owens did and try to show that the bball players are worthless because they do not remember meaningless facts like the scores of the games and what players were wearing?

will he call patrick renn and ask him why he thinks camm should go free

and i understand that there are suspicious circumstances that make camm a person of interest

i know people on here have said they respect levco; lets see if can live up to that respect; stan levco, where is your case?
Former Floyds Knobs gal

Duluth, GA

#6014 Jun 20, 2012
Trust me..I have lived in that county most of my life...good old boys run it. That is just the way it is...and they hold all offices.. The people that reside in that county are influenced by these leaders and the media. Unless you are related or a member of a few of the well known families from there--you can forget getting ahead or receiving proper justice. That in mind.. There is/was not enough evidence to convict Camm of these murders. It is as simple as that. He was convicted by the media and public sentiment which in turn spilled onto the jury. He will never get a fair trial in Floyds Knobs or the surrounding counties.Hopefully the court will overturn this conviction.
Dick Pepperfield

Middletown, PA

#6015 Jun 20, 2012
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecutors are virtually free from any risk of wrong doing. All they have to say is oops, I did not know and the ethics review board says, OH OK. Henderson heads the Ethics commission in Indiana, who are we going to tell?
I just sent a letter to Congressman Todd Young about how unfair it is that there is no oversight for our prosecutors, and they are free to do as they please.
Just about every letter David writes me mentions how sorry he is for ever taking Kim for granted, how much he misses and loves her and the kids. It would be so easy for him to just not mention it. But he almost always does.
People make me sick when all they consider is what the Renn's lost. David's family lost that plus him. And, David has lost his family plus his own life.
There is no point I have learned in even trying to speak to the haters.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.~Thomas Paine
Please tell me you are joking about Keith Henderson being head of the ethics commission. Wow!
Dick Pepperfield

Middletown, PA

#6016 Jun 20, 2012
Just don't understand why Charles won't live up to his nickname aka(Backbone) Tell the truth about how and why he killed David's family and ask the lord for forgiveness. Lord knows no one else is going to forgive him. Here's a monster who took the lives of 4 great people and will never see the light of day but can't even get right with himself. The new prosecutor and Boney still have a chance to give whats left of one of those lives back.
Laquita Jafonse

Middletown, PA

#6017 Jun 20, 2012
Dick Pepperfield wrote:
Just don't understand why Charles won't live up to his nickname aka(Backbone) Tell the truth about how and why he killed David's family and ask the lord for forgiveness. Lord knows no one else is going to forgive him. Here's a monster who took the lives of 4 great people and will never see the light of day but can't even get right with himself. The new prosecutor and Boney still have a chance to give whats left of one of those lives back.
All you have to do is simply read through this case and two trials and see that no prosecutor from Indiana is going to free Mr. Camm. Like someone posted Keith Henderson is head of the ethics committe,(that's funny) and the state is just to far into it to admitt they were wrong. It is more important for some people to let a innocent man rot in prison than admitt they were wrong and have to deal with all the lawsuits that may come.
It will be an uphill battle to try and convict Camm a third time because all the BS evidence they used in the first 2 trials will not be allowed. Not to mention if the defense gets to present Charles Boney and all the evidence against him as the lone killer.
Another Mom

Florence, KY

#6018 Jun 21, 2012
meliss1106 wrote:
You do not even know David therefore you do not have the right to judge him! He is a man who loved his family! I have spent Christmas at their house and I know he loved his wife and children and that is a fact!
Well, he showed that "love" by having extra-marital affairs. Not saying that makes him guilty of murder but if MY husband cheated I wouldn't consider that love of me and our kids!

In additon, if someone loves someone is never a fact but simply one's opinion or belief - there is no real proof that exsists whereby to assess someone else's feelings. It is just not "proveable". You may state that someone acted in a kind and loving manner, or that they spent a lot of time with someone, that they gave them gifts etc and thereby draw a reasonable conclusion but ACTUALLY KNOWING what is/was in someone's heart and mind is impossible.

Most women who are murdered are murdered by the person who claimed to love them and acted that way around other people. Over 1,500 women a year are murdered by husbands or boyfriends and 2 million are beaten by someone who "loves" them.

www.pbs.org/kued/nosafeplace/studyg/domestic....

Most of thier friends and families are clueless.

Again, that doesn't mean Camm is guilty of murder but him "loving" his family, true or not, is not evidence or proof of innocence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Growing probation rolls worry county officials Mon Jack 1
Suboxone Jun 24 John Galt 3
GREG BUSH Warning to anyone who knows him (Dec '10) Jun 23 Anonymous 5
First Christian Church pastor arrested Jun 20 Yuck 6
Pillsbury Plant Jun 19 Doughboy 1
Sexual pleasures Jun 17 Smelly Cat 11
Josh Whittenberg Jun 15 wow 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Albany Mortgages