Reeder hired as assistant high school...

Reeder hired as assistant high school principal

There are 9 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Jul 7, 2010, titled Reeder hired as assistant high school principal. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

The New Albany-Plain Local school board in a special meeting July 6 voted to hire Rex Reeder as assistant high school principal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

Parent

AOL

#1 Jul 11, 2010
Thank You New Albany, you have just hired an individual who will run your program into the ground. Did he mention during the interview process that presently his former soccer coach Brett Barber is being prosecuted. Past (2) hires for soccer stole money from the program.Kevin was well aware over the years that this was taking place. Im sure you will hear from the folks in Delaware over the next few months.I myself would have left during a time like this to avoid answering questions from the County prosecutors office.Steve Castle wasnt enough?
Parent

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2010
Kevin would be a great hire if he gets rid of the Boys Varsity Basketball Coach!! That team will never compete with his poor coaching skills and inability to coach in a positive manner.
Parent

Delaware, OH

#3 Jul 11, 2010
Our prayers were finally answered! Kevin Reed is gone! He is now your problem. All I can say is make sure you check and then double check ALL your accounts.
Moving forward, at least now the Delaware kids can have a wonderful high school experience and pray that we get a new AD that will do his job as it is written in his contract.

After all, what goes around comes around and Reed will get his.
Parent

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Jul 12, 2010
These posts are hilarious. I've been in the Delaware community for years and those who hide behind a computer and make false accusations against a person of Kevin's character and integrity are cowards. Ask any parent in the soccer program who wrote these posts and they'll nail it in a heartbeat. The best thing that could happen for the soccer program is for these two sets of parents to leave and stop trying to poison the program for our kids. New Albany is hiring a quality AD - our loss in Delaware is their gain. Kevin will stand up for the students and not kowtow to a few parents armed with inaccurate information. Kevin's track record is phenomenal - how else could he have survived in his job for this long?
Reality

United States

#5 Jul 13, 2010
What happened to the Board's stated intention of conducting "nation-wide searches" for all of these administrative positions. Seemd they can't get past New Albany and its neighbors. And, although I have never heard of the new AD, the fact that he comes from Delaware, just like Steve Castle, is frighteneing indeed.
Mike Jenkins

Mansfield, OH

#6 Jul 14, 2010
Hey Laura Kohler, if you are so high on outside people, why did you promote and vote in favor of a LOCAL person and firm to conduct the Superintendent search?? Remember, this is a firm with NO experience hiring a school Superintendent. Why did she promote and choose them? Hmmmm, Laura, your talking out of both sides of your mouth. You and this BOE need to go! I know your not capable of straight talk, but what is the real reason for voting against Reeder as Asst Principal?
Parent

Pickerington, OH

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Parent wrote:
These posts are hilarious. I've been in the Delaware community for years and those who hide behind a computer and make false accusations against a person of Kevin's character and integrity are cowards. Ask any parent in the soccer program who wrote these posts and they'll nail it in a heartbeat. The best thing that could happen for the soccer program is for these two sets of parents to leave and stop trying to poison the program for our kids. New Albany is hiring a quality AD - our loss in Delaware is their gain. Kevin will stand up for the students and not kowtow to a few parents armed with inaccurate information. Kevin's track record is phenomenal - how else could he have survived in his job for this long?
What is hilarious is how blind you Delaware soccer parents are. Your coach of the last three years was just indicted on felony charges. You owe those parents a thank you for stepping up and watching out for your boys. It is very clear your past AD Kevin Reed was not doing his job. I wish we had more parents that held their coaches and administrators accountable. So many just want to turn the other cheek and not question. What good comes from this? Nothing!
Sorry Delaware Soccer for all your issues. Hopefully all you hard work will pay off for your program. Your boys should be proud.
Parent

Pickerington, OH

#8 Jul 16, 2010
Parent wrote:
Are you talking about the same Kevin Reed that cheated on his first wife and then was cheated on by his second with the football coach? Is this the same man that then brought his personal issues into the school with the students?
disgusted

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jul 16, 2010
One of Kevin's proudest moments. He let the guy resign knowing he stole.

Ex-H.S. Soccer Coach Accused In $20K Theft From Booster Account
Friday, July 16, 2010 10:21 AM
Print StoryE-mail StoryDELAWARE, Ohio — The former boy's soccer coach at Hayes High School has been accused of stealing nearly $20,000 from a soccer club booster account and using the money to pay for personal expenses.

Brett Barber, 35, of Dublin, was indicted this week on one count of theft, prosecutors said Friday.

Barber, who resigned from his coaching position in Dec. 2009, allegedly stole money from the account beginning in March 2007 through the fall of 2009.

During that time, prosecutors said, he made nearly 200 fraudulent transactions totaling $19,825.

It is alleged by prosecutors that Barber used the money to pay for cell phone bills, moving costs, automobile repairs and restaurant bills. He also wrote checks to himself, prosecutors said.

Other people had access to the booster account, but police said there was no indication that anyone else withdrew money.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

©2010 by 10TV.com . All rights reserved. This material may not be published

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is cassidy grider (Dec '16) Wed Geesh Whatta prize 2
Amy Jackson Dec 10 Fake you 1
Where Is The Best Section 8 Housing In New Albany Dec 8 nada 15
Census Bureau Dec 7 NewCensus worker 1
jim butner (Oct '12) Dec 4 opps 29
Sellersburg Police (Sep '07) Dec 4 Small Town Girl 36
melinda loveless wants early prison release (Oct '07) Nov 30 Diva 513

New Albany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance