SEMI SIDESWIPE: Ames driver's car tot...

SEMI SIDESWIPE: Ames driver's car totaled in hit and run with s...

There are 6 comments on the WHOtv story from Jan 19, 2010, titled SEMI SIDESWIPE: Ames driver's car totaled in hit and run with s.... In it, WHOtv reports that:

Even when the roads are dry, the Ames and Nevada exits off of I-35 can be a dangerous spot for drivers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

amesmom

Ames, IA

#1 Jan 20, 2010
HATE that exit!!! No one seems to know how to enter/exit there without causing MAJOR problems!
lol

Ottawa, IL

#2 Jan 20, 2010
always the truck fault I'm sure she yielded properly
driver

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jan 20, 2010
I don't see how its the truck drivers fault for someone being stupid and getting next to the truck there. She was even from ames, so it leads me to believe that she had been on that road once or twice.
Joe

Des Moines, IA

#4 Jan 20, 2010
driver wrote:
I don't see how its the truck drivers fault for someone being stupid and getting next to the truck there. She was even from ames, so it leads me to believe that she had been on that road once or twice.
and since it was her fault, he had every right to leave the scene

everyone knows that hit and run drivers are no less responsible than other drivers
four wheeler from DSM

West Des Moines, IA

#5 Jan 20, 2010
Doesn't surprise me in the least little bit that the semi driver left the scene.They have got to be the most unsafe drivers on the road.They don't care,because they are bigger than everyone else on the road.They don't stop to think,"What if that was my wife or girlfriend"?
Driver of the moines

United States

#6 Jan 20, 2010
Everyone always blames the truck driver when its most often inattentive car drives that cause the issue to begin with. Semis dont turn,accelerate,or stop as fast as their 4 wheel counter parts. Besides Iowa is notorious for horrible merging skills

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's 'big announcement' sparks Palin buzz (Jan '16) Mon Go Blue Forever 103
Danfoss Jul '16 Truth seeker 1
News Bernie Sanders Has a Turnout Problem (Feb '16) Jul '16 GINGERICH 2
News Hillary Clinton hasna t answered a question fro... (May '15) Sep '15 Prophet Atlantis 8
News Council Bluffs Woman Vows To Fight $835 Parking... (May '11) Nov '13 BFL 6
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Neda 1
News Global Farmers Learn Value of Ethanol (Oct '13) Oct '13 aliceg 1

Nevada Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nevada Mortgages