Learn about wind energy's potential

Full story: Des Moines Register

The Central Iowa Wind Energy Conference will be held 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday at Christy Hall, 220 H Ave.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2007

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

USA could totally run on the wind power available in three states in the midwest. No more CO2, no more foreign oil, no more foreign debt. Why not?
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I wish you were right Coolmind. I live in New Jersey, but I've been to Iowa many times and saw the wind turbines. It is a good start. Nuclear energy is far economical, efficient and environmentally friendly if handled correctly. This Ethanol scam is costing millions to subsidize with taxpayer's money and will not replace
gasoline. We can buy it cheaper from Brazil which uses cane sugar instead of corn. Now that farmers have the ability to get higher prices for corn, we get screwed paying more for meat and sweeteners used in soda and other corn sweetened products. It will make allot of farmers richer, but in the end the little guy gets screwed the worst. If there was any validity in building ethanol plants and producing it here, Archer Daniel Midland would be pouring millions into this along with other private industry. But at the gas pump, you pay about .55 cents a gallon to subsidize it for the privledge of paying $3.00 to $4.00 a gallon. E-85
is another joke. It will cost you more to run a vechicle on it and give you less miles per gallon.
America Wake up! Not one time have I heard the president or anyone in congress ask us to conserve fuel. They know people will complain for a while and get used to paying the high prices to fill up. "No one ever went broke underestimating the intellegence if the American people." ~ H.L. Mencken

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada Discussions

Search the Nevada Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sexual Assault Jul 1 concerned citizen 1
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) May '14 Denison 23
Stacie Pearson May '14 Guest 1
ISU President Forms VESHIA Task Force Apr '14 vincent donohoe 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ames, IA (Jan '12) Apr '14 Ron Murphy 10
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000