Iowans Survive Deadly Texas Bus Crash

Full story: WHOtv

Four teenage girls and a mother from Nevada have survived a deadly bus crash in San Antonio, Texas.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Nevada Mom

Nevada, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

I believe this is incorrect. There was not a parent of the Nevada teens on the bus. Just the four teens from Nevada High School.
cheto091

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

who were the teens on the bus
Lacey

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

There were for girls on the bus. Ashli Decena, Chrissy and Amanda Rewerets and Amanda Gibson were on the bus. They were on their way from Iowa to Texas to visit the Rewerets' grandparents. All girls have survived and are doing ok.
Christy

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Judged:

Praise the Lord that they all survived!! Lord be with the families of the victims that didn't.
taxpayer

Manson, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Judged:

Smart move to send your children out of state with no adult present. And we wonder what is wrong with things these days. Starts with the parents and family.
melissa

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Lacey wrote:
There were for girls on the bus. Ashli Decena, Chrissy and Amanda Rewerets and Amanda Gibson were on the bus. They were on their way from Iowa to Texas to visit the Rewerets' grandparents. All girls have survived and are doing ok.
lacey you have the names wrong.
melissa

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

lacey from Demoines, you have their names wrong.
Nevada Mom

Nevada, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Judged:

The girls are Amanda & Chrissy Rewerts, Ashli Decena, and Miranda Gibson. They are all fine - minor injuries, bumps and buises.
Anonymous

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Judged:

I am so glad that they r all fine!! My prayers are with the others that were in the crash as well..
Nevada Dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Judged:

So were these kids all alone without parents? What is wrong with these parents? Isn't there a law against sending your kids across the country without supervision? Child Endangerment?
not the parents fault

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

They were in 11th grade! They don't need supervision. Do not turn this around. It was an accident and they are okay. That's what is important. The parents have nothing to do with it.
iowa

Emmetsburg, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

how about we be respectful and just be glad there okay and nothing major happen, you know 2 people died from this.your being really disrepectful and judgemental i bet the parents feel really bad for letting this happen. so who are you to judge you wouldn't think something like this would happen to your kid would you??
friend

Knoxville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Nevada Dad wrote:
So were these kids all alone without parents? What is wrong with these parents? Isn't there a law against sending your kids across the country without supervision? Child Endangerment?
I would suggest you get your facts straight before you judge. I personally know one of the parents and spent most of the day trying to get her to her daughters the quickest way possible. She is a great, loving mom who was trying to let her kids go see their grandparents. They had been speaking and texting numberous times since they left for this trip. They knew exactly where the girls were. One of them was talking to her mom when the accident occured. Have you thought about the nightmare these parents are going through right now? I do not believe family, friends and parents need to see this type of posts. The two oldest girls were 16 and 17. They had a plan and the girls were following it. There were rules. It was not like they were running free and wild. Obviously, you do not know these girls.
1 of the nevada survivors

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

you shouldnt blame our parents..for the people who blamed them you are all dumb. they wanted us to have fun on our last spring break and they didnt make the bus flip so none of this was their fault. dont you think they feel bad enough that we were in the crash? dont you think us girls have been enough? for the people who are blaming the parents i hope you are happy with your life knowing that you are making the whole process of getting better so much worse
nevada mom

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Nevada Dad wrote:
I am the mother of one of the girls. How dare you!!!!! They were put on the bus by a responsible adult and was getting off the bus to another adult. Stop your judging you moron. We should be concerned on the welbeing of our girls instead of slamming the parents. And there is no law. Kids in use travel alone on planes , trains and buses all the time. grow up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada Discussions

Search the Nevada Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ames, IA (Jan '12) 13 hr Ron Murphy 10
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar 25 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
Fake IDs Mar '14 france 2
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Feb '14 raj 409
U.S. to launch 'climate hubs' to help farmers f... Feb '14 twostroketerror 25
Looking for woman named Celia Jan '14 THE LAST WARRIOR POET 3
•••
•••