Ames Driver Sidewiped By Semi Truck I...

Ames Driver Sidewiped By Semi Truck In Hit-And-Run

There are 2 comments on the WHOtv story from Jan 19, 2010, titled Ames Driver Sidewiped By Semi Truck In Hit-And-Run. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Even when the roads are dry, the Ames and Nevada exits off of I-35 can be a dangerous spot for drivers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Greg

Des Moines, IA

#1 Jan 20, 2010
Trucks are big and its hard to see cars when they are in blind spots. When something is hit that far away from the driver he/she may not have heard or felt it. At a place like that in a semi there are many things going on, a lot more then if you are just in a car. I'm not saying the driver of the truck isn't at fault. What I am saying is when at places like that all drivers should be aware of what is going on and not get next to other cars or trucks when going by any exit/entrance but that one at ames for sure.
oldjq

Frankford, DE

#2 Jan 20, 2010
This interchange has been and continues to be death waiting to happen. I bet Highway 30 does not carry more traffic than Highway 6 does where it intersects I - 35:80. Why doesn't the interchange at 30 / 35 use the same format as the 6 / 35:80? Ditto the interchange at I 35 and I 90 another mess waiting to happen...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. presidential candidate Clinton unveils ren... Mon SirPrize 8
Glurb (Feb '08) Mon Wowser 23
News Poll: Clinton trails top GOPers in Colo, Iowa, ... Jul 22 Le Jimbo 1
News Trump Refuses to Back Down on McCain Criticism Jul 21 goonsquad 48
News Ask Mr. Know-It-All: Whatever happened to the 7... (Nov '09) Jul 11 qweeny 7
Debate: Marijuana - Ames, IA (Aug '10) Jun '15 swg 26
News Hillary Clinton hasna t answered a question fro... May '15 spud 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nevada Mortgages