Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision Wednesday

Aug 3, 2010 Full story: blogs.sacbee.com 1,974

U.S. District Court Judge Vaughn Walker will issue a decision Wednesday on the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the ban on same-sex marriage, according to a court announcement today.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2109 Aug 12, 2012
Libertatem wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're on the right track here with concessions from government. This fight is not about pursuit of happiness because if they weren't happy before the contract they won't be afterward.
Equality under the law. I don't know many people that would protest a civil union with the same perks as marriage.
This fight equates more to boys trying to get into the Girl Scouts. Instead of forming their own club with all the same concessions and calling it by a different name, they are suing to be allowed into the institution of the Girl Scouts because their feelings were hurt because they've been told no and now they're giving a big FU calling it discrimination when all they have to do is fight for civil union with all the same perks.
Nope not good enough for them. They want it called marriage like heterosexuals. So what will they do if the 'marriage' club changes it's name to the heterosexual club of the world?
It is a childish game really & I can understand why people in the marriage club are irate that they are being forced to accept members of a different breed when it would be so much easier if they would just form their own club.
Marriage isn't a "club", marriage is a set of laws. Gays and lesbians want equal access to the rights, privileges and protections of the marriage laws.
Pathetic

Vallejo, CA

#2110 Aug 12, 2012
"Fecal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision Wednesday", during his long career gay judge Walker managed to hide his sexual orientation and was appointed by conservative presidents like Bush. When the time comes, we can expect more of them hiding within the chambers of the US Supreme Court.

Never, ever trust these freaking pervs, they will lie, cheat and deceive to get what they want.
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#2111 Aug 12, 2012
Pathitic Dirty bags are still posting here.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2112 Aug 12, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage isn't a "club", marriage is a set of laws. Gays and lesbians want equal access to the rights, privileges and protections of the marriage laws.
Isn't that what I just said. I just believe you'd have it a lot quicker if youd call it something else. I think its more important to you to label it marriage though & so you're willing to wait.
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#2113 Aug 12, 2012
Spike always wins, and don't you forget.

Pukes like you are just another drop in the bucket.

Or circle jerks, who think passing a law will change thousands of years of history.
Katherine

Barstow, CA

#2115 Oct 7, 2012
When is the Katherine is driving to Canoga Park, California?
CompanyR

Monrovia, CA

#2116 Oct 7, 2012
Anger Management for Online Trolls who just can't leave it alone
perty

Mountain View, CA

#2117 Nov 12, 2012
Living with Herpes is really hard,? especially when you are a single. According to a report from the largest Herpes singles dating site herpesdateonline.com , 98% of its members who used to be on a general dating site to find the love and support were rejected by others. That could be the reason that why herpesdateonline.com is so popular and now has more than 600,000 members.
shine

Mountain View, CA

#2118 Nov 12, 2012
Hello, I just wanna pass on some useful info. I have been
living with herpes for 2 years. I found my Boyfriend who also
has herpes at a nice site called www.DateHsv.com . It is the
best, most trusted herpes dating site for singles with
herpes. Here you can get on with your life and met new
friends, share stories, make friends in your local area. I'm
glad if this is useful to you.
Clowns

La Puente, CA

#2119 Nov 12, 2012
KKK rally and counter-protest in uptown Charlotte Saturday afternoon.
Chango Man

San Jose, CA

#2121 Nov 13, 2012
Carlon. The highest law in this land is the Constitution. We can't enact local or state law to circumvent the Constitution. The 14th amendment says we are ALL equal. So we can't pass, even by a majority to treat different folks differently. It's not "American".
The Supreme court is there to enforce the Constitution.
Bazooks

Covina, CA

#2122 Nov 13, 2012
Seeing how the elections went and two new states allowing gay marriage.
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#2124 Nov 23, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …Good Thing the Judge is Gay?
Hamms

Covina, CA

#2125 Nov 23, 2012
Glad you asked, but there is no answer right now.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#2126 Nov 24, 2012
youtube.com/watch... Gay Marrage should legalize for the entire USA now
it isnt changing back ever,,,
CircleK

Covina, CA

#2127 Nov 24, 2012
Where is that branding iron anyway?
Martini Dave

Paso Robles, CA

#2128 Nov 28, 2012
I've actually wondered why we bother to hold a vote anymore. The EC will tell me who I really intended to vote for and the losers of any issue will just sue me to overturn my vote. The people spoke, leave it at that!
Spuds

La Puente, CA

#2129 Nov 28, 2012
Who said you could vote in the first place?
Saddle Up

Covina, CA

#2132 Dec 6, 2012
The church treasurer must have informed the quorum of elders that tithing numbers were running low.

It's time to recruit just about anybody and hit them up for donations.
what

United States

#2133 Dec 9, 2012
:jj

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
'Little Shop of Horrors', a cult classic, bloss... Sep 18 Zombella 1
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug '14 fishes 1

Nevada City Jobs

Nevada City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nevada City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nevada City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]