Sentencing children to life behind bars

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Martha Solorio uses a walker at home as she prepares to leave at 4:30 a.m. to wait in line outside Salinas Valley State Prison to visit her son Jose, who was involved in a gang shooting when he was 15 years ...
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2008
Gail James-Mitchell

San Bernardino, CA

#1 Mar 29, 2008
I was born in the Monterey County. I lived there 20 years. I work in the county of San Bernardion, and I supervise juveniles on probation. It is time to tell them the truth. No more nice,nice, to them keeping their personal rights in mind. Someone is ALWAYS watching when you violate something or someone. You will go to prison, and yiur peers will violate you there.

Since: Mar 08

Barnesville, OH

#2 Mar 29, 2008
[QUOTE who="Gail James-Mitchell"} Someone is ALWAYS watching when you violate something or someone. You will go to prison, and yiur peers will violate you there.[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense to me..
MRX

Salinas, CA

#3 Mar 29, 2008
Gail James-Mitchell wrote:
I was born in the Monterey County. I lived there 20 years. I work in the county of San Bernardion, and I supervise juveniles on probation. It is time to tell them the truth. No more nice,nice, to them keeping their personal rights in mind. Someone is ALWAYS watching when you violate something or someone. You will go to prison, and yiur peers will violate you there.
Whats even sadder is when their best homies violates them and turn on them together Homies for life yea right they need to look at the past history of their hero's and see who took them out.
hello

Santa Barbara, CA

#4 Sep 20, 2008
proposition 21 effective or not ?
krashish

United States

#5 Nov 15, 2008
Tsk tsk tsk, poor benevelent illegal immigrants made to answer for their anti social behavior. How mean of us to demand everyone acts in a lawful manner, under the rule of law.
Most the time these little punks pull this stuff & the courts just slap their wrists & let it go at that. Or they haul their butts back to mexico before authorities can catch up to them.
This is the type of people who come here illegally. The crimminal dregs of mexican society are well represented in the illegal population of the United States.
Yet, we as Americans, as taxpayers can do nothing, we are told, except to "welcome" this continual flood of human debris. America is in it's death thralls! Our Republic is ceasing to exist! We only have ourselves to blame. As the saying goes "we got the government we deserve!"
YourHead InSand

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Nov 25, 2008
They are not all illegal. Many are born here. You view is too narrow to have any meaning.

While we're talking about crime and taxpayer money, what's going to happen to those who helped create this mortgage crisis? Many lenders and their associates forged documents to help applicants qualify. Families of all ethnic origins will be more apt to turn to crime to make ends meet. Will they start shooting kids? No, but we need to recognize that creating have-nots will place all of us in the path of their choice in attaining what they believe will represent them as someone who "has".

Look at the big picture before you speak out. Your "dregs" are here wearing suits and ties.
krashish wrote:
Tsk tsk tsk, poor benevelent illegal immigrants made to answer for their anti social behavior. How mean of us to demand everyone acts in a lawful manner, under the rule of law.
Most the time these little punks pull this stuff & the courts just slap their wrists & let it go at that. Or they haul their butts back to mexico before authorities can catch up to them.
This is the type of people who come here illegally. The crimminal dregs of mexican society are well represented in the illegal population of the United States.
Yet, we as Americans, as taxpayers can do nothing, we are told, except to "welcome" this continual flood of human debris. America is in it's death thralls! Our Republic is ceasing to exist! We only have ourselves to blame. As the saying goes "we got the government we deserve!"
sparticus

Salinas, CA

#7 Nov 25, 2008
just who is creating "have nots" .It is a choice . In America if you are a "have not" it is because of a lack in ambition and drive.
I am tired of people always saying it is always someone elses fault. Take responsability. It is easier than it sounds.
Jose Como Va

AOL

#8 Nov 25, 2008
sparticus wrote:
just who is creating "have nots" .It is a choice . In America if you are a "have not" it is because of a lack in ambition and drive.
I am tired of people always saying it is always someone elses fault. Take responsability. It is easier than it sounds.
Your right!

However, we have become a society of "victims".
Everything is always someone elses fault.
Fail in school, the teachers didn't like me.
Fail at a job, the boss didn't like me.
Fail at relationships, people don't like me.
Excuse after excuse.

Offer people something to like about you, and respect you for, and you'll be able to climb out of the "have not" cesspool on your own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 200,577
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug 16 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug 12 The right is wrong 2
Spa cover recommendation Aug 8 mmeisner 1
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE