Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,701 - 178,720 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206130 Jul 31, 2013
It's not trolling when Dusty Mangina does it.

Long Beach, CA

#206131 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
PMSing today?
I think your inner lesbian is. LOL
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206132 Jul 31, 2013
Bigot!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206133 Jul 31, 2013
Hater!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206134 Jul 31, 2013
It's not hate when Big D does it. After all, they are despicable Christians and believe in a sky fairy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206135 Jul 31, 2013
VV believes marriage equality is not for other marriages besides OSM and SSM. It's not hypocrisy when he does it.

Long Beach, CA

#206136 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't just tell lies, you live a lie.
That is reality. Jesus doesn't deny reality.
You are the one living a lie. And you know exactly what I mean.
Smile Greg.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206138 Jul 31, 2013
"Some day, this war will be over." Colonel Kilgore said sadly.
What you say

Monrovia, CA

#206139 Jul 31, 2013

Long Beach, CA

#206140 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a pot. Why are you a kettle?
I think you ARE a pot. People shyt on you all the time.
Smile

Long Beach, CA

#206141 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Go take a bubble bath and soak your head.
How about you go put your head in a toilet and flush.

Long Beach, CA

#206142 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
...Guest....
Guest is a moron. All guest does is call people "troll".
not very bright, is guest....
Relax frootloop spice queen.
No guests

Monrovia, CA

#206143 Jul 31, 2013
I could not agree more. I lived in a condo for 3 years (rented from a family member) and while I see the benefits of ownership, it was more of a hassle than it was worth. Problems with loud neighbors? You can’t just call the apartment manager. Having to make “group decisions” on everything related to the building began to grate on me as well.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#206144 Jul 31, 2013
Well, it would appear that Minnesota and Rhode Island are to be counted as states that now allow same-gender marriage.

If you include Washington DC in the list of areas where same-gender couples can marry, the figure is 15 states. That represents 30 percent of the states in the US.

If you don't count D.C., that still means that 28 percent of the states in the US offer same-sex marriage.

Congratulations to Minnesota and Rhode Island!!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#206145 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
It's not hate when Big D does it. After all, they are despicable Christians and believe in a sky fairy.
This is a question that I ask in all seriousness. I would send the question to you in private, but I don't think that you have your account set up to receive private messages.

Here's the question... How do you reconcile war in which people kill one another and Christ's very clear commandment to love your neighbor as you love yourself?

Those seem like opposite ends of the spectrum to me.

Did you actually kill people in Vietnam?

I'm just curious.

I think my account is set up for private messages, so you don't have to answer here.

And as God as my witness, I WILL NOT share your response, ever.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206148 Aug 1, 2013
Dismayed wrote:
This is so disappointing. Our country is going down the toilet. I am called a homophobe for upholding my christian beliefs and for voting for what I believe in. I will not ever support gays or lesbians due to my own personal beliefs so don't hate me for fighting for what I believe in. You are fighting for what you believe in too yet, you hate anyone who does not support your choice. Are we supposed to approve anything and everything anyone wants? Should we just have an anything goes society. NO RULES, NO CONSEQUENCES??? Really????
They celebrate Diversity as long as you march in lockstep with them.

Long Beach, CA

#206149 Aug 1, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
They celebrate Diversity as long as you march in lockstep with them.
There is no "they". We are all human.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206150 Aug 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read Frankie's posts, Laughing Man's posts, or ....the other dude in months.
Scroll right on past them, they're just being ass-trolls.
We believe you, Joanie.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206151 Aug 1, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Bound to be the best post of the day!!
Bravo!
Thank you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#206152 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You call mating behavior and historical cross cultural and religious customs 'common practice'? Yes. However, most common practices are not opinion. They are exactly such because they are true.
I keep asking if you read what you write, you really should. I think you'd laugh too.
LOL
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must we continue to go through this?
At one time slavery was common practice. It was practiced far and wide for eons. It was only after the Age of Enlightenment that the abolition of slavery really caught on worldwide.
The once common practice of buying and selling human beings on the open market is very much like the once common practice of marriage being defined as only taking place between a man and a woman.
Our country has been bending toward justice since its inception. We have questioned common practice as it pertained to racial minorities, women, the handicapped, religious minorities, etc.
That traditional marriage has been altered to include couples of the same sex represents a continuation of the long tradition of seeking equality.
You cannot argue your case by saying, "It's the way we've always did it."
I'm always at least two steps ahead of you.
You claimed that common practice was only an opinion. I proved you wrong.

Now you attempt to note some poor exceptions that avoid admitting you made a stupid claim.

~Slavery is more of a common practice now than ever.

~ss sex for hire is far more a common practice than ss couple fidelity.

~Injustice is the human direction. Not only is the Middle East in uproar, our nation is more divided than ever and likely on the verge of anarchy.

I made no claim that 'this is the way we always did it.'

I did note that the recognition of homosexuality being a defect has been historical cross culturally. Science is on the verge of understanding why.

I did note that marriage has been a distinct relationship across time, cultures and religions.

Your claim that they are changeable is like claiming our practice of drinking water is changeable. Silly stupid.

Queen, we are not even on the same path.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug 16 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug 12 The right is wrong 2
Spa cover recommendation Aug 8 mmeisner 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Aug 8 GoodOleBoyNetwork 30
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••