Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,999

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204626 Jul 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice anyone asking you on here....
Good one! I wouldn't do her. Attitude like that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204628 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No woman has a right mind.
Good one!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204629 Jul 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D has no friends that disagree with his opinions. I suppose the moment one of them does, he's not Big D's friend anymore.
I didnít say that, I said I donít know of any that donít support same sex marriage.

I have not lost any friends over my views.

I probably just donít travel much in the gutter trash circles you do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204630 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít say that, I said I donít know of any that donít support same sex marriage.
I have not lost any friends over my views.
I probably just donít travel much in the gutter trash circles you do.
Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204631 Jul 25, 2013
Ah good times!
Delicious Felicia

Ashburn, VA

#204632 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What matters is that you will not be defining others relationships.
Fact: same sex couples are married, as married as any other couple.
deal with it :)
not every where, wake up flagHag

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204633 Jul 25, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Paco.
Come va?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204634 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít understand reality.
There is a fact however that you cannot avoid. Same sex marriages are the same under California and federal law as marriage, not treated or viewed any differently than any other marriage.
The same huh? Exact same? So "I now pronounce you husband and wife" applies to them? They consumate the sane way? Can get an annulment for failure to consumate?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204635 Jul 25, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then marry a turkey baster.
So is your Dad the turkey baster, and your Mom, the turkey? So that makes you a turkey.
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#204636 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No woman has a right mind.
How sweet, sticking up for your fellow moron. With a statement like that, obviously we don't have to worry about you procreating.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204637 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The same huh? Exact same? So "I now pronounce you husband and wife" applies to them? They consumate the sane way? Can get an annulment for failure to consumate?
Those words are not on the marriage license and are not requirements, nor is any ceremony, people marry in front of a justice of the peace all the time.

nor is the term consummate

You can get an annulment or divorce for no reason at all.

And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we donít force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it, and if one party does, they donít even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant

Do you have any other non-issues you would like me to explain to you?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204638 Jul 25, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet, sticking up for your fellow moron. With a statement like that, obviously we don't have to worry about you procreating.
You got that right

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#204639 Jul 25, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Birds of a feather...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204642 Jul 25, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did, four times too, all by a woman "not in her right mind". Thanks for asking though.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204643 Jul 25, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Your mom was a flower pot, so you must be a blooming idiot
That was funny Poofy....gotta give ya that one.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204644 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words are not on the marriage license and are not requirements, nor is any ceremony, people marry in front of a justice of the peace all the time.
"Husband" and "wife" aren't on the marriage license? Not requirements? In 30 plus states they are. I pointed out the pronouncement, I did not specify who pronounced them.
It is part of marriage law though.
You can get an annulment
Failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment in several states, including California.
or divorce for no reason at all
With no fault divorce, that's true.
And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we donít force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it,
Never said the government would force an annulment.
and if one party does, they donít even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant
You continue to state SSM and OSM are treated the same. I've pointed out the obvious, which you are unable to, or unwilling to, acknowledge. They're not exactly the same. Nice try though.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204647 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Husband" and "wife" aren't on the marriage license? Not requirements? In 30 plus states they are. I pointed out the pronouncement, I did not specify who pronounced them.
<quoted text>
It is part of marriage law though.
<quoted text>
Failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment in several states, including California.
<quoted text>
With no fault divorce, that's true.
<quoted text>
Never said the government would force an annulment.
<quoted text>
You continue to state SSM and OSM are treated the same. I've pointed out the obvious, which you are unable to, or unwilling to, acknowledge. They're not exactly the same. Nice try though.
The fact is, they are legally married, and recognized on the state and federal level, and treated as married by law, despite your lame arguments.

Not only will the government not force and annulment, nor will they refuse to marry anyone over someoneís definition of "consummation"

So that argument is totally moot and you can stop whining about that one, feel good, one less thing to whine about.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204650 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.

I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?

It's a ridiculous and desperate argument. You should consider dropping it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204651 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get an annulment or divorce for no reason at all.
And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we donít force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it, and if one party does, they donít even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant
I do! Please explain why are you such a condescending jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204652 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right
Yes, I got it right, you're a condescending jackass, but why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Flaggstaff 5,083
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,276
'Little Shop of Horrors', a cult classic, bloss... Sep 18 Zombella 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug '14 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug '14 The right is wrong 2
•••

Fire Warning for Nevada County was issued at September 23 at 1:34PM PDT

•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search