Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
169,121 - 169,140 of 200,654 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#193823 May 30, 2013
Nigeria lawmakers pass anti-gay marriage bill - Lawmakers in Nigeria passed a bill Thursday banning gay marriage and outlawing anyone from forming organizations supporting gay rights, setting prison terms of up to 14 years for offenders.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22457196/nigeria...
Vall Ejo

Covina, CA

#193824 May 30, 2013
The California measure or bill/law calls for revoking the tax-exempt status of youth groups that discriminate against participants on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identification.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#193825 May 30, 2013
The Boy Scouts of America discriminates against children who believe membership should be limited to boys who are morally straight. The Government should repeal the BSA tax exempt status.

Ronald

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193826 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to make assumptions, your hostility towards polygamy is obvious.
As if you didn't pull any assumptions about me out of your ass.
And now you're lying.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193827 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two statements are perfect evidence that ss couples do not equate to natural parents. It even puts into doubt their ability to care for children.
The rest of your post is pure denial and gay twirl.
So you make an unsubstantiated claim and then quit. Brilliant.

Dismissed.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193828 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you'll refer us to proof of even one of my alleged lies.
You are lying when you say I have been caught in any lies and you know it. It's your M.O. When cornered, you lie.
Five posts ago:

"your hostility towards polygamy is obvious."

Lie.

Next.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193829 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What does marriage equality for one group mean to marriage equality for another group? Are you stupid?
No, you are. You think any "change" means anything goes. That's stupid and simplistic.

Your frame of reference is so skewed because your starting point is 1 man/1 woman marriage. Guess what - if you have ANY marriage, then the door is open, dumbass. It doesn't only open when you change something.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193830 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you're lying.
I am not lying, but maybe I am mistaking hostility towards me with hostility towards polygamy.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193831 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a simple concept really. When many states have decided heterosexuality is no longer relevant to marriage, why is monogamy still relevant?
Ask for help. Sound it out. Remember, there are no dumb posts! Only dumbass posters like yourself.
Why is it you struggle with that question and I don't?

Your statement is nonsensical on its face. There is no logical correlation. You might as well pick any other "then" statement:

If heterosexuality is no longer relevant to marriage, why is the welfare of children still relevant? Why is (anything) still relevant? What a stupid position.

And what is the purpose of monogamy? Faithfulness? I think polygamous families would argue they are faithful to each other.

You're out of your league.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193832 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:<quoted text>
Thank you for a great example;
Society for too long denied that Blacks were people because of their skin color.
Now we are attempting to deny that moms/dads are unique and significant roles.
Every person in existence has only ever one real mother and father. Never two, and always both.
You want to make them meaningless. A zero. Must make your mom and dad proud..
<quoted text>
I wasn't even trying. I don't need to.
Every person has only ONE mother and father. That is simple reality. Equating anyone else to that place is a default at the most. Claiming one is unnecessary is simply insanity.
You fail with marriage and family.
Honey that must suck.
So you don't accept adoption as society accepts adoption. Adoptive parents are not parents in your world. They are less than. Be sure to tell that to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193833 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet." -Jillian Keenan.
Why do you keep repeating this as if it is some big smoking gun or something?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193834 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Here is the disappointing reality of all this gay twirl.
A ss couple will only ever be only a duplicated HALF of marriage.
Nothing can change that.
You can't force people to deny that reality.
A law or a piece of paper cannot change it.
The result can ONLY be another fruitless gay encounter.
Ha ha! You're a riot.

You don't get to decide "reality."

I am married. We are both husbands. Nothing you can say can ever matter to those facts.

But I kind of enjoy that it bothers you so much.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193835 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you distinguish pedophiles who molest only boys from those who molest only girls?
Clearly you need to do your research on pedophilia. We all know these answers already.

Come back when you are better prepared for a debate.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193836 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand about "a man and a woman"? It's a very simple concept really, in addition to preventing same sex marriage prop 8 also prevents poly marriage.
Sure there are other laws against poly, same as there are or have been against same sex. But we're talking prop 8 here as you jackasses like to rudely remind me every time you're at a loss for an effective argument which is always.
Prop 8 discriminates against poly marriage as surely as it does against SSM. Don't hog all the victimhood.
Of course it does - but the main point of it was to discriminate against same sex marriage.

Throwing "one man and one woman" into that is as pointless as making laws against sharia law. It's a strain of extreme right-wingers who are scared of everything and trying to outlaw everything that isn't white, straight, and at least marginally "christian."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193837 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are. You think any "change" means anything goes. That's stupid and simplistic.
Your frame of reference is so skewed because your starting point is 1 man/1 woman marriage. Guess what - if you have ANY marriage, then the door is open, dumbass. It doesn't only open when you change something.
I want the door to be opened dumbass. You don't. You're a hypocrite.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#193838 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not lying, but maybe I am mistaking hostility towards me with hostility towards polygamy.
Fair enough. Hostility towards you is accurate. You're a dick.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193839 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it you struggle with that question and I don't?
Your statement is nonsensical on its face. There is no logical correlation. You might as well pick any other "then" statement:
If heterosexuality is no longer relevant to marriage, why is the welfare of children still relevant? Why is (anything) still relevant? What a stupid position.
And what is the purpose of monogamy? Faithfulness? I think polygamous families would argue they are faithful to each other.
You're out of your league.
So, eliminating the gender part of "a man and a women" is justice and equality but eliminating the number part is stupid? Please explain.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193840 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep repeating this as if it is some big smoking gun or something?
It's not a smoking gun, interesting that it bothers you so that speaks volumes.

It's true marriage equality. I support marriage equality for everyone. You do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193841 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does - but the main point of it was to discriminate against same sex marriage.
Throwing "one man and one woman" into that is as pointless as making laws against sharia law. It's a strain of extreme right-wingers who are scared of everything and trying to outlaw everything that isn't white, straight, and at least marginally "christian."
Aw, don't hog all the victim hood, it's not all about you.

What a bigoted statement "the MAIN point". The MAIN point to you maybe but to polyamorists the main point is that it prohibits polygamy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193842 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Hostility towards you is accurate. You're a dick.
Isn't that what you like spice boy?

But thank you! Doesn't make me wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr Little Ricky 15,973
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr memo maddnes 5,020
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug 16 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug 12 The right is wrong 2
Spa cover recommendation Aug 8 mmeisner 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Aug 8 GoodOleBoyNetwork 30
•••
•••
Nevada City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nevada City Jobs