Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,861 - 167,880 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poly Americans are also being treated unfairly but you don't feel you have a responsibility to embrace their rights.
Well Skippy, many people don't think they have the responsibility to embrace your rights. You call them "haters".
Why are they haters but you are not a hater for doing the exact same thing they are doing?
Well, itís been fun, but itís my Husbandís Birthday today and Iím going to give him his present now.

One last thought, I donít seek out people in polygamous, incestuous, or other forms of relationships and berate and harass them with the notion that they are monstrosities, perverts, fruitloops, etc. Do you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully, I havenít given polygamous, incestuous or other forms of relationships much thought. With that said, I donít believe itís my right as an American citizen to have a say in others rights. Individuals desiring legalized marriage for polygamy, incest or any other form of union are within their rights as Americanís to pursue them. I donít believe that I have a responsibility to embrace rights for polygamous, incestuous or other forms of relationships in order to deserve and fight for Gay Marriage equality. Imagine how youíd feel if you were told you canít marry a woman unless you support all forms of marriage, I surmise you wouldnít be too keen on the idea.
BTW, thanks for your unintended admission that Gay Americans are being treated unfairly when it comes to Gay Marriage rights. But, weíre fixing that injustice one state at a time.
But isn't there the possibility that designating a number of consenting adult relationships as "marriage", will eventually render marriage pointless? At what point does it become pointless? It's like the idea that every kid on the team gets a trophy despite how s/he played.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your overinflated ego gets in the way, but, I donít care if you care about Gay Marriage or not. Need I remind you that 13 states and counting have legalized Gay Marriage. Weíre making it happen whether you ďcareĒ or not. I donít ďcareĒ or ďnot careĒ about opposite sex marriages and Iím not sure what point youíre trying to make. Just a hint for you, look up ad hominem, youíve got that down pat.
Technically gay marriage has always been legal, as long as its one gay man and one gay woman. What those states did was remove the opposite sex requirement. Once that is done, is there any reason to prohibit same sex siblings from marrying? After all if SSM is legal in a state that allows first cousins to marry, allowing same sex siblings is that much different.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, itís been fun, but itís my Husbandís Birthday today and Iím going to give him his present now.
One last thought, I donít seek out people in polygamous, incestuous, or other forms of relationships and berate and harass them with the notion that they are monstrosities, perverts, fruitloops, etc. Do you?
Yes you do fruitcake. You called me a hater as soon as we met.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically gay marriage has always been legal, as long as its one gay man and one gay woman. What those states did was remove the opposite sex requirement. Once that is done, is there any reason to prohibit same sex siblings from marrying? After all if SSM is legal in a state that allows first cousins to marry, allowing same sex siblings is that much different.
Get some new material...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some new material...
Oldies but goodies...... Vee Vee
Fathered

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

The George Bush, IRS appointee has resigned.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny, it's my hubby's birthday today (and he has yet to get his present).

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>I have placed the challenge and all you guys do is blah blah.....You are prejudiced and hateful against all gays who do not agree with your. There are 100s of thousands of ex-gays, and all you do is say that they are denying themselves.
Drug addiction, alcoholism and nicotine addiction are behaviors to and yes they are deep seat and unchangeable.
Suicide with gays is unchangeable, so should gays give in.
Stop making up crap.
Every single gay that I know in real life and on Topix were abused as children.
IT IS YOU WHO ARE TRYING TO TELL GAYS AND STRAIGHTS HOW THEY SHOULD BE TREATED AND HOW THEY SHOULD TREAT.
Now, liar, you tell me when I decided that marriage was one man and one woman. If that is what you mean by treatment? I must be 10,000 or 150,000 years old depending on your beliefs.
What gives you the right to tell a child that she can not have sex with a 40 year old man? Tell me.
What gives you the right to tell a woman she can not marry and have sex with a horse? Tell me.
What gives you the right to tell a man that he can not marry the 4 mothers of his children? You tell me.
No, you want to do all the telling, and I simply wish to exercise my one vote and have gays STFU and exercise their one vote.
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR OTHER GAYS? YOU DON'T.
First, gays will never STFU; not for you, not for anybody. We are a very mouthy people.

Second, if you are advocating for adults to have sex with children, we can stop the discussion right here. Same for people having sex with animals. You are one sick ticket.

Third, your idea that the history of marriage has always involved "one man and one woman" couldn't be more wrong. Polygamy has been common in the past and is not unheard of today. Furthermore, history is dotted with same-gender marriage. You guys always seem to forget that.

Fourth, I can think of many people who were abused as children who did not turn out gay. If there were a causal relationship between child abuse and homosexuality, it would have been determined long ago. You know as well as I do that NO ONE knows why we are gay. And for that matter, WHO CARES why we're gay? It doesn't negatively impact our lives. We can function--work, recreated, contribute to society, and live a full and happy life. The only problems we have with our sexual orientation is when we are exposed to people like YOU!

Finally, I would LOVE to know where you get your figures that there are hundreds of thousands of ex-gays. Seriously... If changing a person's sexual orientation were that easy, I'm sure many self-loathing homosexuals would have gone that route rather than risk facing a society that treats them like crap.

You are a straight person (allegedly) who believes he knows what it means to be gay. You think you understand us. You have NO comprehension of what it means to be gay.

If you want to know about homosexuality, ask a f--king gay person! Stop making up crap as you go along!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Every single gay that I know in real life and on Topix were abused as children.
You know, I have a very LARGE circle of gay friends. Those of us in the arts tend to know lots of gays.

And yet, I don't know ANY gays that were abused as children. Not a one.

How can it POSSIBLY be that you only know homosexuals who were abused as children, and I don't know any?

Do you happen to live in West Virginia?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Homosexual defined:
homo as : any of a genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans (H. sapiens) and several extinct related species (as H. erectus and H. habilis)
sexual as : Of, relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex, sexuality, the sexes, or the sex organs and their functions.
The word homosexual actually means sexual activities among humans, as opposed to animals having sex with animals. So, there can never be homosexual behavior in other species other than homo sapiens.
Silly me, now I remember you! You've gone through a plethora a monikers, but you usually end up posting the above.

Well done (not), Sperminator 6.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I have a very LARGE circle of gay friends. Those of us in the arts tend to know lots of gays.
How can it POSSIBLY be that you only know homosexuals who were abused as children, and I don't know any?
Reported! Hate against an entire state! Blanket hate! Stereotyping! Bigotry! Ignorance!
The Troll Stopper

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I have a very LARGE circle of gay friends. Those of us in the arts tend to know lots of gays.

I love little boys, I'm sure you do too.
Leathered

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Glad there going to stomp all over that loud mouth Issa.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You said that if there were a causation relationship to child abuse and homosexuality, it would have been determined long ago. By who and would you listen.
Will you listen: http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi...
You say that homosexuality does not negatively impact your lives, but 70% of gays undergo psychotherapy for mental pathological issues and 91% OF GAYS admit to contemplating suicide. 80% of AIDS patients are gays. That sounds negative to me. Pedophiles and rapists can say the exact same thing that you just posted.
You are right, most people who claim to support you gays would not spend 2 minutes in a room with you. I on the other hand have lesbians and gay friends, which I have gone to dinner, parties and had in my house. So,if you think your problem is when you are exposed to me, then you are living a gay lie, and you can not intimidate me into your uninformed position.
It is irrelevant what you think being gay means, it is a behavior and not a race. You have no idea what I know, and I have talked to gays about your mono-ideology bias. Have you talked to a rapist or gang banger about what it is to be them. Do you think a cancer patient can cure himself and that a doctor must have cancer? What about an alcoholic, must the doctor be an alcoholic?
You and your little world. You want to fit me into a box which you can hate. Well, I have a close lesbian friend, I have know her for 4 years and GUESS WHAT, SHE IS NO LONGER AN ALCOHOLIC.
Firstly, after reading your two responses I can already tell that you no nothing about the topic of homosexuality or same-gender marriage.

Secondly, you come across as a lunatic. Your arguments are baseless and therefore meaningless.

My recommendation would be for you to see someone for your obsession about other people's lives.

Finally, you're just not worth my time or energy. As someone who lives in free country, you can go ahead and spout your ignorance. You represent a fringe group of people.

With your tirades, you remind me of the story of Rumpelstiltskin. At the end of the story, when he doesn't get his way, he stomps his right foot so far into the ground that it sank in up to his waist; then in an attempt to extricate himself he grabs his left foot with both hands and pulls so hard that he rips himself in two.

That's your future, bub... Gays are real. Gays are normal. We've been around since the beginning. We are gaining equal rights through the same manner as other minorities. And there isn't one thing you can do to change what's happening.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Based on your one-sided and unemphatic appearance, I doubt that those gays would tell you. If so, I would love to hear from them if that is the case. I am open to that possibility.
I have lived in the huge Los Angeles area and I am often in North Hollywood. I am also in the film and modeling industry, so I have I am sure more opportunities to know than you do.
I had a friend, she was a lesbian, she swore that her sister was abused but not her. Well, she almost walked in on me as I was in the shower. I covered up and asked here what would have happened if she had walked in 2 minutes earlier. She said that would have fainted from the shock of seeing a male nude body. I told her that she was abused. We talked and she realized that she was and she had been blocking it.
I also was posting to a straight female, she told me that she had two gay friends commit suicide and she never knew they were troubled.
I talked to people and I sit down and talk to get to know them. Most people talk about sports, movies, arts, partying and stuff.
I had another female friend, straight, she was abused by her dad, she told me and we talked. She had never told any one else, not her mom, siblings or other friends.
So, you tell me, why don't these people share intimate things with you?
Ah... Now we are learning a little more about you...

1.) You frequent North Hollywood

2.) You are in the "film and modeling industry"

3.) You surround yourself with gay and lesbian people

My conclusion is that you are very likely gay--bisexual at least. You come here to be able to talk to other gay people. It's like a "virtual gay bar" to you.

If you just take a few more steps, you will be fully out of your closet.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will be one of the people folks laugh at in the future, like those that tried to stop women from voting.
If you want to know why people are leaving your churches, it is because hate does not sell as well as it used to.
The future can be a time from now. I don't go to church so I don't really care how many are leaving and SSM is not a relious factor to me so don't even go there.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will be one of the people folks laugh at in the future, like those that tried to stop women from voting.
If you want to know why people are leaving your churches, it is because hate does not sell as well as it used to.
The futrue can be a long time from now, in the mean time I can wait
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Congrats MN. Just one more reminder there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. Even those against it have to start admitting their opposition is based purely on bigotry and superstition.
"Minnesota governor signs gay marriage bill"
http://za.news.yahoo.com/minnesota-governor-s...
You are a stupid old chongo Ho

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just what I thought, you donít have the balls or vagina to address my question regarding your inner lesbian. Looks like your epi-marker claptrap will have to be retired from your repertoire. Also, youíre absolutely correct (I know I canít believe Iím saying it either) we do have the right and opportunity to develop our own relationships and rights. In 13 states and counting we call it Marriage. It's really not complicated.
I tend not to respond to stupid ad homoan attacks. Sorry.

Moreover, gays are NOT developing 'their own relationship and rights'. They are trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.

At every level of identity, it is obvious they are a poor counterfeit, a clear fake and a silly imitation.

Everyone knows that the homosexual demand for marriage is a vain attempt to demand that their sexual handicap be accepted as normal.

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Snicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••