Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,240)

Showing posts 164,781 - 164,800 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

This is a very good essay sure to rile up Big D real good!(Got Mormons in it!) But alas, he won't read it being that his mind is made up and he knows everything already anyway.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
Frankie has lost what little mind he had. Perhaps he contracted the clap in combat?
How could that be Jizzy? You said I wasn't a veteran.

You need to make your bullsh!t jive, you silly jackass. Shape up!

What a dummy.

P.S. I think I got it from your wife. That means you have it too, that is if you are man enough to have done your wife recently.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll help advance marriage equality this year Big D? Mark your calendar! August 19! 13th Annual Polygamy Day.
http://www.pro-polygamy.com/articles.php...
I will look forward to the parade :)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Really Frankie why you mad?
Because you support Same Sex marriage, that really makes him mad
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
mad as in angry or mad as in crazy?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ( both )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Really Frankie why you mad?
Because your old lady gave me the clap!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he can blow it out his butt
Like your old lady did?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizzy is both.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jizzy gets real mad! But it's fun to make you and Jizzy mad.

It drives you both crazy that I support SSM, you'll both lie and cheat and get real mad to avoid facing that fact.

And to avoid even discussing marriage equality for marriages you don't approve of.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ( both )
WOW! Both of your inputs are available for Jizzy's pleasure?

WOO-HOO!
Asian guy go back

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Authorities say video surveillance footage from an Albany Wal-Mart store shows a uniformed U.S. Army officer being attacked by a man who had verbally harassed the soldier for his military service.

This Asian guy is a Chinese native, hence he should be shipped by to his communist mother f country.

Along with Piers Morgan that idiot British wankers.
Completed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Wow

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is why people that want to Marry Space Aliens are with you, same wording.
We will have to find someone with some legal sense to explain to you that it still didn’t effect anyone as there was no change to its illegality either in passing it, or overturning it, there will be no change with respect to the law, prop 8 had zero effect on it other than to add to the roadblock that was already there.
We need more people, the larger number of people that want to marry Space Aliens have accepted you Poly folks, how about the Sheep herders?
:D
Space aliens already marry each other Martians (men) marry Venusians (women).

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev... +(illinoisreview)

MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2013

PROGRESSIVE SLATE.COM ADVOCATES POLYGAMY AS NEXT STEP IN MARRIAGE EQUALITY

SPRINGFIELD - The left-wing furor over State Rep. Tom Morrison (R-Arlington Heights) comparing legalizing gay marriage to legalizing polygamy seems to be a tempest in a teapot created by gay rights supporters. According to one progressive magazine, Morrison is absolutely correct.

Today, Slate.com  promotes the legalization of polygamy using the gay marriage terminology of "equal rights." Is legalizing polygamy next? "One can only hope," Slate.com writer Jillian Keenan says. After all, "If a woman wants to marry a man with three other wives, that's her damn choice."

She continues: "Yes, really. While the Supreme Court and the rest of us are all focused on the human right of marriage equality, let’s not forget that the fight doesn’t end with same-sex marriage. We need to legalize polygamy, too. Legalized polygamy in the United States is the constitutional, feminist, and sex-positive choice. More importantly, it would actually help protect, empower, and strengthen women, children, and families."

She goes on ...
For decades, the prevailing logic has been that polygamy hurts women and children. That makes sense, since in contemporary American practice that is often the case. In many Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints  polygamous communities, for example, women and underage girls are forced into polygamous unions against their will. Some boys, who represent the surplus of males, are brutally thrown out of their homes and driven into homelessness and poverty at very young ages. All of these stories are tragic, and the criminals involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.(That goes without saying, I hope.)

But legalizing consensual adult polygamy wouldn’t legalize rape or child abuse. In fact, it would make those crimes easier to combat.

Thus, the effort in earnest to legalize polygamy as the next step after the redefiniton of marriage gay rights in Illinois are advocating with SB 10. 

Who'll be the first to apologize to Rep. Morrison? 

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i can ask the same of your side - why does it need to lie, hate or distort anything to have any legitimacy?
if you don't care what the judge says, then that's on you. the judge is the one deciding the case - and now it's before the supreme court. they'll make the final decision. neither you nor i make those legal decisions as we're not seated judges. and by the way, the republicans put him on the bench in the first place, based on his history. for example, he's argued against "the gay games" in court. pretty laughable that you're so convinced he's biased considering that he'd argued against the gay games.
what are you going to do when both Prop 8 and DOMA fall? continue whining like you are now or just shut up and be a grown up and live your life like millions of other americans? the choice is yours my friend.
He had no legitimate basis to rule otherwise regarding gays using the Olympic name. That was proven by the SCOTUS decision.

Please tell me where I have lied or distorted any of the core issues. Even if it were true, it does not excuse the behavior for anyone. Again, why is that necessary for any legitimate cause.

History shows that often decisions violate common sense and just decisions. Nothing changes the fact that ss couples do not equate to marriage at any level. Even a SCOTUS decision cannot change that.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
http://illinoisreview.typepad. com/illinoisreview/2013/04/sal oncom-advocates-polygamy-as-ne xt-step-in-marriage-equality-. html?utm_source=feedburner &utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fdlac omb%2Fillinoisreview+(illinois review)
MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2013
PROGRESSIVE SLATE.COM ADVOCATES POLYGAMY AS NEXT STEP IN MARRIAGE EQUALITY
SPRINGFIELD - The left-wing furor over State Rep. Tom Morrison (R-Arlington Heights) comparing legalizing gay marriage to legalizing polygamy seems to be a tempest in a teapot created by gay rights supporters. According to one progressive magazine, Morrison is absolutely correct.
Today, Slate.com  promotes the legalization of polygamy using the gay marriage terminology of "equal rights." Is legalizing polygamy next? "One can only hope," Slate.com writer Jillian Keenan says. After all, "If a woman wants to marry a man with three other wives, that's her damn choice."
She continues: "Yes, really. While the Supreme Court and the rest of us are all focused on the human right of marriage equality, let’s not forget that the fight doesn’t end with same-sex marriage. We need to legalize polygamy, too. Legalized polygamy in the United States is the constitutional, feminist, and sex-positive choice. More importantly, it would actually help protect, empower, and strengthen women, children, and families."
She goes on ...
For decades, the prevailing logic has been that polygamy hurts women and children. That makes sense, since in contemporary American practice that is often the case. In many Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints  polygamous communities, for example, women and underage girls are forced into polygamous unions against their will. Some boys, who represent the surplus of males, are brutally thrown out of their homes and driven into homelessness and poverty at very young ages. All of these stories are tragic, and the criminals involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.(That goes without saying, I hope.)
But legalizing consensual adult polygamy wouldn’t legalize rape or child abuse. In fact, it would make those crimes easier to combat.
Thus, the effort in earnest to legalize polygamy as the next step after the redefiniton of marriage gay rights in Illinois are advocating with SB 10. 
Who'll be the first to apologize to Rep. Morrison? 
When Big D and his ilk finally realize that supporting polygamy is progressive, they will embrace it. Big D will stand on the mountain top and fight anyone who doesn't!
Floyd

Nashville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

***NEVER FORGET***

Keep Queers Away From Kids!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Space aliens already marry each other Martians (men) marry Venusians (women).
Can you imagine if someone used Big D's dumb space alien schtick against same sex marriage? All hell would break loose on Big D's mountaintop. Yet he thinks it's very witty when used against poly.
Asian guy go back

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Authorities say video surveillance footage from an Albany Wal-Mart store shows a uniformed U.S. Army officer being attacked by a man who had verbally harassed the soldier for his military service.

This Asian guy is a Chinese native, hence he should be shipped by to his communist mother f country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,781 - 164,800 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada City Discussions

Search the Nevada City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 min Drifting to sleep 4,558
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Beheheh 15,658
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Why put crime on page one? Apr 4 DJL 1
Review: Baxter Natural Spring Water Mar 31 Troy Feltes 1
Disillusioned with Child Protective Services in... (Jun '06) Mar 29 Lives in Nevada County 75
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance