Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188313 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8's purpose, in simple terms, was to constitutionally define marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Both polygamy/plural marriage snd SSM, are denied. So yes, its part of the discussion.
You know... it is more about space aliens than Poly

because when prop 8 is overturned, Poly will still be illegal, but you will be able to marry Xnohopacanoth from Vega

So it was more directed at Space Aliens than it was about Poly

So make sure you keep that a part of your discussion too.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188314 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and space aliens too, dont forget space aliens!
LOL
Wha? Lame.....Big D.....although... If men are from mars, and women are from Venus.....
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188315 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Prop 8 was designed to remove an existing right that same sex couples had. Thus creating a discriminatory law. Polygamy is and has been illegal in all 50 states. Please do keep up.
That is correct!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188316 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It also discriminates against marriage with space aliens
It is a plot by the churches to keep people from marrying space aliens, the whole same sex argument was just a ploy to keep people from marrying space aliens as they are not men or women.
It is a conspiracy!!!!
( chuckle )
Prop 8 does not mention anything about space aliens or churches.

But it does discriminate against same sex and poly marriage equally.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188317 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Prop 8 was designed to remove an existing right that same sex couples had. Thus creating a discriminatory law. Polygamy is and has been illegal in all 50 states. Please do keep up.
If the other laws against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 was not, would polygamy be legal in California Jizzy?

What don't you understand about ONE man ONE woman, sugar britches?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188318 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Prop 8 was designed to remove an existing right that same sex couples had. Thus creating a discriminatory law. Polygamy is and has been illegal in all 50 states. Please do keep up.
It was designed to constitutional define, what the people of California voted to do legally, and define legally, in 2000. Marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. As to the polygamy aspect, insurance against any further attempts at redefining marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188319 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct!
It is also correct that ONE MAN ONE WOMAN means polygamy is also prohibited. EQUALLY. It does not have less validity than your favored form of marriage, sorry.

Polygamy deserves the SAME respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188320 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It was designed to constitutional define, what the people of California voted to do legally, and define legally, in 2000. Marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. As to the polygamy aspect, insurance against any further attempts at redefining marriage.
Correct!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188321 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You know... it is more about space aliens than Poly
because when prop 8 is overturned, Poly will still be illegal, but you will be able to marry Xnohopacanoth from Vega
So it was more directed at Space Aliens than it was about Poly
So make sure you keep that a part of your discussion too.
Space Aliens...... Yes Martians aka men, and Venusians aka women. You're right in a sense it was directed at space aliens, and constitutionally ensuring their union receives exclusive recognition in California! Thanks Big D for using your superior intellect.... Khan would be proud!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188322 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Your choice. From my understanding he can suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. He suck starts Harleys.
Something wrong with gay sex Jizzy? Please tell us about it. And how you came to fear it. And why you became a homophobe who uses anti-gay taunts.

Like I said, when the dopey jackass Jizzy comes around, the intellectual level of a thread suffers.

What a buffoon!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188323 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Space Aliens...... Yes Martians aka men, and Venusians aka women. You're right in a sense it was directed at space aliens, and constitutionally ensuring their union receives exclusive recognition in California! Thanks Big D for using your superior intellect.... Khan would be proud!
Big D compares poly marriage to marrying goats, and now space aliens. The very same dumb arguments people use against same sex marriage.
softracing

Los Angeles, CA

#188324 Apr 12, 2013
I really dont care what people do. But is it our LORDs will? We need BLESSING in this country not CURSE.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188325 Apr 12, 2013
softracing wrote:
I really dont care what people do. But is it our LORDs will? We need BLESSING in this country not CURSE.
You'll surely be hearing from Big D for that. Stand by!

Tell him you want to take his kids to Sunday School. Really get a rise out of the old boy! Shake him up real good.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#188326 Apr 12, 2013
softracing wrote:
I really dont care what people do. But is it our LORDs will? We need BLESSING in this country not CURSE.
do what????

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#188327 Apr 12, 2013
softracing wrote:
I really dont care what people do. But is it our LORDs will? We need BLESSING in this country not CURSE.
i saw your lord earlier today... he was hanging dead on a cross
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188329 Apr 12, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>i saw your lord earlier today... he was hanging dead on a cross
Oh boy here goes the neighborhood! First Jizzy with his "blow me" schtick and now this no class old broad spewing hate.

Not to mention Big D.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188330 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Space Aliens...... Yes Martians aka men, and Venusians aka women. You're right in a sense it was directed at space aliens, and constitutionally ensuring their union receives exclusive recognition in California! Thanks Big D for using your superior intellect.... Khan would be proud!
If we get the people that want to marry space aliens with the Poly people we might double your numbers

only trying to help
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188331 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also correct that ONE MAN ONE WOMAN means polygamy is also prohibited. EQUALLY. It does not have less validity than your favored form of marriage, sorry.
Polygamy deserves the SAME respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
I know you arenít bright enough to comprehend that Poly was illegal before and will still be illegal after Prop 8 so I will just join you in support

It also totally negates the ability to marry one of the 5 sexes of aliens form Vega, yes I get it
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188332 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If we get the people that want to marry space aliens with the Poly people we might double your numbers
only trying to help
I am not a polygamist. Are you in a same sex marriage?
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#188333 Apr 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What about repeat offenders?
After a rapist is castrated he usually does not rape again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linden High School remembers Pearl Harbor Dec 7 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 3
Nevada County Food Bank to Stop Distribution in... Dec 2 Jessie 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Nov 30 Grady Henderson 31
Review: DI Pietro Windy Noreen MFT Oct '14 Melonnee Desiree ... 1
Review: No Problem Oct '14 GoldCountry Roofing 1
'Little Shop of Horrors', a cult classic, bloss... Sep '14 Zombella 1
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug '14 fishes 1
Nevada City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nevada City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nevada City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nevada City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:45 pm PST