Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,861 - 163,880 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

“Extra Extra read all about it”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
HOORAY!!
Not that this will shut the bigots up but it's sure nice to get good news now and then!
:)
I think pretty much everyone is over the fact you muff out, or beat up who's ever a$$hole you want. None of my friends care about the Same Sex Marriage issue, nor anyone else I've talk to except old skool people, religious fanatics, or undereducated ignorant hillbillies. There's bigger issues going on in this world than who you wanna lay next to at night. I think this a bigger deal than it should be. If there's an institute that doesn't allow you to get married, Why not just say, "fk em" have your significant other legally change their last name to whoever is doing the pitching, give each other rings and call it a day. The only problem I have is when it's constantly pushed in people's faces, or they shut down city blocks and fk up the traffic bc of those fkin' parades, just so people can get drunk in the middle of the day to walk around with dildos on their heads in front of everyone without taking into consideration kids might be around. Plus, is it really any surprise California the biggest libtard state passed same sex marriage law? The land of government handouts. Please, get real this is not news, and it certainly is not surprising. As for the bigots, who gives a $hit about them? Let them keep wasting their breath on something that doesn't concern them.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
When does what stop.
Gee, I don't know, what are we talking about here? LOL
Anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>When you dated your husband, he bought you things. Hey a Lobster dinner does not come free. When He married you, he purchased a home, cars, and all the other things. Baby sex aint cheap. At least Lilith is honest about it.
no love, we both work and everything we have we own together, now I suggest you shut your mouth cause you don't know sh!t!

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Its your choice to ignore reality Frank. The simple fact is this, we are all w hores. BTW you spend a vast majority of your day being off topic. You have never posted to the validity of the Judges actions.
Do you know the difference between a wife and a hooker?

The hooker you pay up front while the wife your on an installment payment plan
Anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I see, its ok for you NOT to live by the word of your god, BUT you expect all the rest of humanity to do so.
Maybe you should try it!
Anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know the difference between a wife and a hooker?
The hooker you pay up front while the wife your on an installment payment plan
That's true, for the stay at home moms who don't work, and just want everything handed to them from their hard worling husband. But I'm not like that. I have a job, I buy what I want and we split the bills!

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>no love, we both work and everything we have we own together, now I suggest you shut your mouth cause you don't know sh!t!
so you live together and have sex before marriage... wow how un christain of you
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible to love the sinner but not the sin. I have every bit as much right to my beliefs as you do, and society is who decides the standards to which we live. As I pointed out in a previous post, your almost there. You have removed prayer from the schools and now our children kill each other. Thanks for that. Undermining the sanctity of marriage and the traditional core family unit has and will have equally damning results over time. It is a culture war that has a double edge to it. Your sides victory when and if you win will mean the end of western society, and will insure that Islam and Sharia will dominate the human race. Thats when it will get really fun for all of us, but especially for gays.
What you donít have is the right to shove your beliefs down the throats of others, to tell others if they are allowed to marry or not that are not inside your religion.

You can set all the rules you like for your other little believers to follow, but you are not setting the rules for the rest of us, this is America the land of the free, the land of Equality, Freedom and justice for all.

I donít care if you restrict your little religion to opposite sex only marriages, I donít care if you bar black people, I donít care if you bar people with blue eyes from marrying for your little flock, but you do not set the rules for those of us that are not believers in your little religion.

Victory is already here, you just donít recognize it yet, 20 years ago no states and no nations recognized same sex marriages, today 12 states recognize them, 10 states ( plus one district ) preform them 17 nations recognize them and the numbers are increasing every year.

Worse for you and your followers is that it has brought the hate and despite of your belief system to the forefront, people are starting to see hate as the basis of what you are.

You do realize which is the fastest growing belief system in the US... it is no belief system at all. You are part of the reason for that.

Your pronouncements of doom are funny, Volcano worshipers have made such pronouncements too, as has countless other religions including yours, I value all of them equally. Islam is no better than your religion is, we wonít submit to them either.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should try it!
must suck for you knowing that the country is moving ever closer the equallity... sad for you hunh

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should try it!
maybe someday you will grow out of your ignorance and accept and understand that america is for all the people and not just christains
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

allusernameshavebeenused wrote:
<quoted text>
I think pretty much everyone is over the fact you muff out, or beat up who's ever a$$hole you want. None of my friends care about the Same Sex Marriage issue, nor anyone else I've talk to except old skool people, religious fanatics, or undereducated ignorant hillbillies. There's bigger issues going on in this world than who you wanna lay next to at night. I think this a bigger deal than it should be. If there's an institute that doesn't allow you to get married, Why not just say, "fk em" have your significant other legally change their last name to whoever is doing the pitching, give each other rings and call it a day. The only problem I have is when it's constantly pushed in people's faces, or they shut down city blocks and fk up the traffic bc of those fkin' parades, just so people can get drunk in the middle of the day to walk around with dildos on their heads in front of everyone without taking into consideration kids might be around. Plus, is it really any surprise California the biggest libtard state passed same sex marriage law? The land of government handouts. Please, get real this is not news, and it certainly is not surprising. As for the bigots, who gives a $hit about them? Let them keep wasting their breath on something that doesn't concern them.
sounds like you've been to one too many mardis gras parades down in New Orleans. those can get pretty scary, i'll give you that.

it's not as simple as you make it - it's not an issue about what anyone thinks feels or believes. at issue are those 1300+ priviliges extended to legally married couples and the laws that prevent same sex couples from marrying and utilizing and having access to those same priviliges.

many same sex couples have exchanged rings and vows but with no legal protections - these rituals were merely "for show" or emotional reasons. there was no legal rights that were suddenly open to them. there was no legal recognition of those rituals, performed in a church or not.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>no love, we both work and everything we have we own together, now I suggest you shut your mouth cause you don't know sh!t!
congratulations on mutual home ownership.

my partner of 23+ yrs and i own 2 homes, a few vehicles, a boat and a trailer for vacations.....yet, when one of us dies, the other will have to pay inheretance taxes, despite both of us being on the titles, deeds and mortgages as well as the insurance policies for them all. we've both worked full time our whole time together in order to pay for all those things.

unlike you and your legal husband - when one of passes away, the other will not have to pay those inheretance taxes.

so how does that make sense? if we've both paid for the asset, then why should we have to pay inheretance tax when the other passes?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pronouncements of doom are funny, Volcano worshipers have made such pronouncements too, as has countless other religions including yours, I value all of them equally. Islam is no better than your religion is, we wonít submit to them either.
I knew it wouldn't take the big Bigot long to respond to that one. Did you mean your religion too? The same one that pol pot and stalin endorsed. Did you mean you hate them all equally?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like you've been to one too many mardis gras parades down in New Orleans. those can get pretty scary, i'll give you that.
I feel safer anytime in New Orleans then Chicago.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
my partner of 23+ yrs and i own 2 homes, a few vehicles, a boat and a trailer for vacations.....yet, when one of us dies, the other will have to pay inheretance taxes, despite both of us being on the titles, deeds and mortgages as well as the insurance policies for them all. we've both worked full time our whole time together in order to pay for all those things.
unlike you and your legal husband - when one of passes away, the other will not have to pay those inheretance taxes.
so how does that make sense? if we've both paid for the asset, then why should we have to pay inheretance tax when the other passes?
Sweetie unfortunately country fried is a bigot who believes the laws should only protect her!!!
Anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>must suck for you knowing that the country is moving ever closer the equallity... sad for you hunh
you're not going to catch very many gays where I live:)
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right! It makes no sense at all!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then if they know that, then there is no longer a reason to bring up procreation, sex or religion into the discussion as none of those are any requirement for a marriage
if no one else brings them up as a reason to not allow same sex marriage, then neither will I
Otherwise you get to see it again and again and again, as often as they bring it up.
Of course we both know they will continue to bring it up, and I will continue to point it out to the.
An no one cares if you like it or not
You care! Or else why would you whine so?
Anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
because you're not married! Believe it or not it does make a difference, you are not a legitimate couple.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie unfortunately country fried is a bigot who believes the laws should only protect her!!!
Sry, no wrong again! You have absolutely no room to judge. You are at the bottom of the totum pole!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada City Discussions

Search the Nevada City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
RN Salary in Nevada County Jul 28 Curious 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Steer that was set on fire gets new, safe home Jul 22 Kimber shaw 1
Artistry in the sand Jun '14 DBS 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search