Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,992)

Showing posts 159,821 - 159,840 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sheesh hate the void

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. Didn't mean to attack you, didn't know you were on our side.
No problemo.
Idsdsd

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Flat tax is t e way to go, so the cheating stealing GOP, Republican and Tea Pary member's can't do anymore damage to the USA economy.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sheesh hate the void wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that work in reverse? Are there lesbians who may not know they're straight? Anne Heche? Chirlane McCray?
As to the other questions?
Do they love their wives? If both parties are aware, does it matter?
I dpm't know if they love their wives. If a woman is aware that the man she is about to marry is gay would she marry him anyway?
TalesOfCOG

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Barbara Messina was co principal with Angel Carillo, in throwing outoging President Tom King from Walnut and past president Carol Herrera of Diamond Bar off of the executive board of the Cog.
Henry

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
I dpm't know if they love their wives. If a woman is aware that the man she is about to marry is gay would she marry him anyway?
I live in a pink trailer on the edge of West End and Trona. Would u like to come by for some beers and a little fun? My sores have long since cleared up after using the ointment that the free clinic gave me. I can come by your place if you rather.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Josh Weed's wife did. Are there lesbians who may not know they're straight?
hmmm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

hmmm

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot a significant possibility in your analogy: finding apples on the tree but refusing to call them apples as they are a varity you don't like-like the reality of gay and lesbain households raising children, functioning the same as ANY OTHER family, and your refusal to accept the fact.
Sorry, but homosexual couples are desolate. They can never bear apples 'like any other family'. The only way either one can bear apples is to mate like a heterosexual, take the 'apple' to the homosexual walnut tree and hang the poor apple on it.

The denial is all yours honey.

By the way, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.
You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... we've all seen a walnut tree hanging apples. Sober up.
And that was the point of the analogy. Gay couples attempting to equate to marriage is as silly as calling a barren walnut tree an apple tree because it hung apples on it's branches.

You got it!

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Should the apple tree not bearing fruit be cut into fire wood? What about a tree that bares both fruit and nuts? Should it be eradicated?
In the context of the analogy, you are suggesting murder?

A walnut is a fruit tree. In the context of the analogy, it is always barren. No need to eradicate, just don't try to tell me it is just like an apple tree.

Snicker.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sheesh hate the void wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just a lame attempt at a snappy comeback.
Oh lookie here, I gotta fan!
TalesOfCOG

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

C also stands for Crooks!

Applies as well to the 4 Felonies Nick Conway couldn't have done it all by myself.

sgvCOG must have been involved like a RICO operation.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.
You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
<quoted text>
And that was the point of the analogy. Gay couples attempting to equate to marriage is as silly as calling a barren walnut tree an apple tree because it hung apples on it's branches.
You got it!
Smirk.
It is like this, KMart the moron mutation, we're all the same species so your walnut/apple tree comparison doesn't wash. Just because someone is gay does not mean they cannot reproduce. In fact many have done just that. Try harder next time.
TalesOfCOG

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

The letter "C" also stands for Crooks!

This applies as well to the 4 Felonies Nick Conway collect while being a tax payers, paid crook and he couldn't have done it all by myself.

sgvCOG must have been involved like a RICO operation.

It might be time to dig farther?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
It is like this, KMart the moron mutation, we're all the same species so your walnut/apple tree comparison doesn't wash. Just because someone is gay does not mean they cannot reproduce. In fact many have done just that. Try harder next time.
She Voh

Sure they can reproduce, even the old fashioned way, but to do that, they need someone of the opposite sex.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A walnut is a fruit tree. In the context of the analogy, it is always barren. No need to eradicate, just don't try to tell me it is just like an apple tree.
Snicker.
Thanks for confirming that you lack the conviction of your assertions. I figured as much. You, like all other haters, donít have any real thinking or substance to your babbling. Your hate filled posts are as empty and insubstantial as you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Apple and walnuts are both fruit, that is what equates to species. However, apples represent heterosexuals and walnuts being small nuts, represent homosexuals.

Try again silly girl.

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming that you lack the conviction of your assertions. I figured as much. You, like all other haters, donít have any real thinking or substance to your babbling. Your hate filled posts are as empty and insubstantial as you are.
I 'lack the conviction of my assertions'?

Please blonde, explain your conclusions, I'd love to hear how you got there.

Snicker.
Flatnner

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

There are many who really don't care what som elooney "who hides his or her's location.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but homosexual couples are desolate. They can never bear apples 'like any other family'. The only way either one can bear apples is to mate like a heterosexual, take the 'apple' to the homosexual walnut tree and hang the poor apple on it.
The denial is all yours honey.
By the way, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
Smile.
So Darling the couples I know with tiny humans in their homes, these are just migets they hired from Central Casting? You can deny all you want, there are gay couples raising children.

Ther's really as much difference in tastes in personal dress and what you like in others amongst lesbians as in any other group. I used to be old school butch, these days I'm wear some cosmetics although You'll never catch me in a dress-I don't like the way I look in them. There are Victoria Secret Femms, butch drag and any gradient in between- enless variety. I'm not sure what "acting like a man" actually means or if there really is a meaning-it's a looonnnnng discussion all in its own right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,821 - 159,840 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada City Discussions

Search the Nevada City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Pack coal in deep 7,328
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr Hole 15,676
Review: R & B Electric Lic# 592854 Mon P Brewer Penn Valley 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Why put crime on page one? Apr 4 DJL 1
Review: Baxter Natural Spring Water Mar 31 Troy Feltes 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE