Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,501 - 157,520 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument! Proves your point well.
P.S. What's your point?
That he can say "Bingo" ? Probably works very well for him, at the church socials.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, meant to say:
He probably doesn't care about polygamy one way or another.
Aw shuddup, troll. No one cares what the troll thinks about me.

Why don't you give polygamy the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage?

And while you're at it, why are you a racist?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Well with spinach, if you are forced to have it when you are young, you find it more difficult to enjoy when you are older.
( sorry bad joke, but I have a pretty depraved sense of humor )
Actually, I also have a pretty twisted sense of humor, too, and can get on board with that.:-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cackle as hard as you wish, you do not have any power to invalidate legitimate facts. Cackle on, dudette.
Fake laugh. Hallmark of severe NPD. Narcissist rarely naturally laugh. It's always fake to some degree.

When Miss Thing types hahahaha for a whole page, it's not only fake, it's insane.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
POLLS: DOMA Is Discrimination, Equality Is Inevitable
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/02/19/1610...
Two new polls released today show that the national momentum for supporting marriage equality continues.
The first poll, from the Respect for Marriage Coalition, found that American voters strongly support marriage equality, with 75 percent responding that the freedom to marry the person you love is a constitutional right. It seems clear that respondents appreciate the value of marriage equality, with 65 percent agreeing that it reflects offering “equal human dignity” to all people. And while 62 percent believe changing the law will have no impact on them, 83 percent believe that change will happen within the next decade. In sum, marriage equality is the right thing to do, poses no threat to society, and is coming soon.
The second poll, from the Center for American Progress and Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD), further clarifies that voters see the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as discriminatory. The poll focused on Section 3 of DOMA, which prohibits the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages, even when they’re legal in certain states. When the Supreme Court weighs the constitutionality of that law, the Justices might keep in mind that 59 percent oppose that law, with 62 percent agreeing that it is “discrimination. Though overall support for marriage equality hovers around 52 percent, much stronger majorities (69 – 78 percent) believe same-sex couples deserve the same benefits other married couples receive.
The infographic below features results from the DOMA poll:
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2...
There are no legitimate pools being conducted. I received no poll in the mail, or over the computer. Ergo, the polls being quoted are using carefully screened and preselected groups, designed to give certain responses. Now, if a poll is issued to every single household in Amerikkka, I will retract my words, but not until then. There are no legitimate polls being conducted. But there is plenty of propaganda being used, by both sides.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Gay people don't have an opinion, my aren't you a bigot.
You stupid fluck. You need to learn to read, at all. Kimare posted "OPTION", not "OPINION".....Now what, you idiot ? Start stuttering, or stammering, I don't care which. Uh-uh-uh-uh......."My name is Jizzyturd, and I can't wait for the meaning of simple words, I want to appear all-knowing at all times"......Uh-uh-uh..... .
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.google.com/imgres...
just sayin
Just saying NOTHING, as you always do. Dumb-ass.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Four men were rightfully convicted of despicable crimes.
Jeffry Dahmer was rightfully convicted of despicable crimes. Should we outlaw gay marriage?
Yeah, and some Amish were just convicted, in Cleveland, of hate crimes. Time to abolish them, too...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just saying NOTHING, as you always do. Dumb-ass.
Jizzybirdy58's favorite jokes are "You're stuck on stoooooopid!" and the equally dopey duct tape one.

The guy's an idiot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/hispanic-politico/20...

I received an interesting comment yesterday by Harry Kuheim regarding polygamous / plural marriage and gay marriage, and this has prompted me to conduct a poll. The issue here is marriage because Arizonans have watched the Arizona State legislature turn a blind eye to polygamy and pedophilia that is occurring in Colorado City, Arizona. I wrote about it here.

Please take this poll here regarding plural and gay marriage issue.

For the record Harry Kuheim, Nobody is picking on Mormons. Mitt Romney brought up Reverend Wright on the Sean Hannity show, remember? You can listen to the Romney / Hannity interview here. We are not those shut up and take it people anymore.

I am noticing how nothing is being done within our state with regard to Colorado City, Arizona, where fundamental Mormonism exists and has existed for some time. We have had and do have powerful Mormon legislators in our state such as Ken Bennett and another via Russell Pearce who did nothing about pedophilia and polygamy in one of our towns because passing Operation Wetback was more important at the time. Now….why was it easier for Pearce (a Mormon) to pass an anti-immigrant law, but COULD NOT PASS A LAW protecting little girls from pedophilia/polygamous behavior via fundamental Mormonism? Perhaps it is time for Senator Jerry Lewis to step in and do something about Colorado City, Arizona, now that Pearce has been ousted.

Question is: Will he have the fortitude to do so?

If Gay Marriage or Civil Union is allowed -- should plural marriage (polygamy) be allowed?

Yes

61%

No

20%

Polygamy can be viewed as demeaning to women

6%

I am concerned that multiple wives and children will usurp too many social services in the event the male cannot provide.

6%

I do not know.

4%

258 users voted
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, it's not.
Sexual/romantic attraction to members of the same sex is.
Most people who have anal sex are straight.
<quoted text>
I know you are lying when you say anal sex is the essence of homosexuality. If that were the case, there would be more straight homosexuals than gay ones, because most people who have anal sex are straight.
<quoted text>
Well, let's hope your mom used those things when she gave some man a "backstage pass".
<quoted text>
It's a sad thing your parents couldn't afford silly putty.
<quoted text>
LOL. So when are straight men going to start turning down anal sex from women saying, "If the anus had evolved for intercourse, it would be a vagina.". And they have a vagina only an inch away.
<quoted text>
Speaking of being genetically handicapped:
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOL!
1) "Sexual/romantic attraction to members of the same sex" leads to sexual encounters. Dumb-ass.
2) "Most people who have anal sex are straight." Most people that do ....anything are straight, as they comprise the largest group on the planet. Dumb-ass.
3) "...more straight homosexuals than gay ones...". Stupidity, based on lies. Dumb-ass. Really, straight homosexuals ? STFU, idiot.
4) "Well, let's hope your mom used those things when she gave some man a "backstage pass"." Your have an unnatural obsession about other peoples mothers, and your imagination that everybody has anal sex smacks of anal fixation. Were your parents fond of giving you those "special" baths every night ? STFU, Dumb-ass.
5) "It's a sad thing your parents couldn't afford silly putty." Yours didn't need money, they just made you. Dumb-ass.
6) "So when are straight men going to start turning down anal sex from women saying, "If the anus had evolved for intercourse, it would be a vagina."" There's no need to question the normal people, they got us here, remember ? Dumb-ass.
7) "Speaking of being genetically handicapped:" No need to bring up your shortcomings, we recognize the ramblings of the mentally challenged. Dumb-ass.

What the hell is wrong with you ? We all know that some children were dropped on their heads, but, clearly, you were repeatedly thrown at the wall, weren't you ? Dumb-ass.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You say things that make no sense.
.<quoted text>
Well, they should.
So, when are members of pro sports teams going to be forced to marry each other?
<quoted text>
But what about women who can? I'm sure I'm more physically fit than you. I can do a push up.
You are just a stupid, woman hating jerk.
<quoted text>
So, when will prison rape become legal?
LOLSER!
You should try to make some sense, sometime, it would startle you. I'm sure that you can do the tonsil-tickle, too. Remember how Daddy taught you ? The sports teams don't need to marry, when your momma can do them all, for a nickel apiece, like when she sold you to them, remember ? STFU. Dumb-ass.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate women, we get that.
.<quoted text>
What special right?
You homophobes always talk out of both sides of your mouth on this issue. Straight people would also be able to marry someone of the same sex.
<quoted text>
Liar.
You hate gay people so much you can't even reason. You claim that prison rape will become legal if gay marriage does.
<quoted text>
What? Members of pro-sports teams will be forced to marry each other?
You said they would. Has it happened yet in places that recognize gay marriage?
LOLSER!
See ? There you go again, making no sense... "Straight people would also be able to marry someone of the same sex.". Then they wouldn't be straight, would they ? You stupid Chongo. Dumb-ass.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about yourself? Do you think you should have been aborted? LOL!
80% aborted, there was a glitch at the end, resulting in a 20% failure factor. Chongo is the part that survived, posting to us. Unfortunately....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, meant to say:
He probably doesn't care about polygamy one way or another.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, what you meant to say, blah blah blah.... What you DID say. I suppose that you MEANT to say something clever or smart. Pity. Dumb-ass.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake laugh. Hallmark of severe NPD. Narcissist rarely naturally laugh. It's always fake to some degree.
When Miss Thing types hahahaha for a whole page, it's not only fake, it's insane.
Mmmm, that is correct.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
...Most people who have anal sex are straight...
<quoted text>
Most gay men do anal sex. Most straight men do not.

Not that there's anything wrong with anal sex, just setting the facts right for the dummies that don't understand statistics or how to spin them.

I'm not real big into it but my little freak g.f. likes it. And I aim to please!
Enjoy!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizzybirdy58's favorite jokes are "You're stuck on stoooooopid!" and the equally dopey duct tape one.
The guy's an idiot.
And his other favorite "Gawd, you are sooo stooooooooooopid". Can't forget that one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
80% aborted, there was a glitch at the end, resulting in a 20% failure factor. Chongo is the part that survived, posting to us. Unfortunately....
The old war horse "Rose_NoHo" ain't what she used to be, which wasn't much.

I think she had a stroke or something. Maybe just over medicated.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I notice that we haven't heard from LaQueesha "The Spunout Death Threats Post Monkey" Jefferson for a while, now...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada City Discussions

Search the Nevada City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 18 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
RN Salary in Nevada County Jul 28 Curious 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Steer that was set on fire gets new, safe home Jul 22 Kimber shaw 1
Artistry in the sand Jun '14 DBS 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search