Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
152,521 - 152,540 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman. Overturning prop 8 removes that pesky "a" thing. Same as it removes that pesky "man" "woman" thing.
Another legal obstacle to EQUAL RIGHTS is gone!
So glad you don't like it hypocrite!
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it will continue to be illegal after Prop 8 is overturned.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sound as if you are eating too many McVities Homewheats.. and treacle pudding...
Speak of subtles! Looks like you are starting to test my ignorance again by using more! Looks like you are indeed getting angry! Come on, on your feet! Getting boiled up eh then?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
And you must have one of Chongos "Jedi Mind Reader Hats" on, to know what he wants, right ? Go on, tell us his favorite color, while you're at it ?
Oh nice to see your mimicking and trying to get a little clever! I like it! I speak from what I know!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
You've plainly illustrated that you care nothing for our thoughts, whilst reviling us for similar behavior...
Of what value is the opinion of the confused, Randy? You cannot back up one single piece of your argument with FACTS. All you offer are emotion-based arguments and hyperbole. There is no substance to your arguments.

Should we as a society value arguments against gravity?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think legalizing ssm will be bad for poly? Please tell us why miss thing.
The topic is Prop 8. Do you have A.D.D.?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Trying you ??? LOL We are past that point by now, don't you think ? You've called me a liar more than once, already, and now you claim that I am trying you ? LOL I've had enough of your stupidity. You've been trying me, and don't bother to deny it.
You find me getting on your case and got me angry, and thought in your little mind that wirls around in your lil skull that it was honestly best to "expose"(Although you failed)me, and hit back! Oh silly silly! Hypocrisy, hypocrisy!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liza Lott hates that! He is a huge hypocrite.
He'll deny it but he once posted a wicked rant against poly. Wish I saved the post number. Sounded like some quacked out fundie ranting against same sex marriage! He actually screamed "What about the children?"! Rose_NoHo of course gave him a pass.
Yeah, I wish you would have saved the post number, too.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh. Got any more stuff that everybody knows to enlighten us with?
What a dope!
Prop 8 insisted a marriage was a man and a woman, effectively banning poly too. When it is overturned it will be one less legal obstacle to equal rights for polyamorists. So it's overturning is also a victory for poly. Duh.
Don't make me explain this to you again miss thing. If you don't like it. Tough sh!t. Lump it!
So by making up nonsensical claims again you are covering up the fact that you didn't bother defending monogamy? Of just like Esau! Jacob took his gift because Esau said he loved God but didn't really care, it was all about him and little bowl of soup! Well, I suppose God always hated both Esau and Mikey!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
God appointed you, eh? Did he appear as a burning bush and speak English?
He appoints all believers to test others! You know nothing! Oh we don't need you for all this to speak for the crowd!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does. A man and a woman. Duh. "A" has the exact same value in that statement that "man" "woman" has you big dummy!
Why are you a hypocrite?
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8. It will continue to be illegal after Prop 8 is overturned.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
OK, it's time for a lesson in gods English...
Your post, in its original form:"A scoffer! Do you think God being proud of you for your intelligence not being a sheep(God wouldn't really be proud of someone like you)will be worth burning in a firy lake of misery? You laugh at people when yet the bible condemns the scoffer! Looks like he won't be pleased with you after all!"
Now, in proper form, nutbrain...:
"A scoffer! Do you think God, being proud of you for your intelligence, and pride in not being a sheep(God wouldn't really be proud of someone like you), will not consider you to be worth burning in a fiery lake of misery? You laugh at people, whereas the bible condemns the scoffer! Looks like he won't be pleased with you, after all!"
See the differences in spelling and vocabulary ? Come back for more, please do...
Spelling is really important! Oh God measures us all by literacy! And as far as you know I could have dyslexia(As far as I know I don't, but just to make a point). And yes I can write properly actually. I was quite tired, thats all.
Frankies Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
She has hinted that she's a rocket surgeon too! Or a nuclear psychiatrist or something like that.
Woops! I keep saying "she" when Liza Lott is really a "he" with a girl's name! My bad.
You dance funny.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
No, it isn't, it's you. God has more important things to do, rather than use your name, in a post to the rest of us.
So God is really interested in how he speaks to people! Fascinating! Tell us about it!
Frankies Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
He appoints all believers to test others! You know nothing! Oh we don't need you for all this to speak for the crowd!
Who unplugged your Thorazine drip?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realise you could be mocking him for merely dislexia, a disability do you? And how encouraging to a young man like him to hear his elders discourage his writing? Oh what a man of God you are! Do you ever reckognize such a responsibilty to encourage our youth? And what would it teach him to hear an elderly man not show respect to others especially kids? He would think respect and tact is something people don't really care about and doesn't really matter! Oh such integrity!
When have you seen Mike claim to be a man of God ? You may be, but it is not your place to chide him for violations of the rules that you live by, when he has not claimed to live by such a code. And, in case you hadn't noticed, this room is not about respect and encouragement, it is an insult room. Our little re-enactment of The Springer Show.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Sorry, but God put me here, to be in readiness for your imminent arrival. He told me to tell you that He doesn't live in Wrexham, of all places, but that He lives in Harrow. He also gave me detailed instructions in how to deal with you. He said that I should tell you off, gently at first, then turn the fires up a bit, and then to .....what was it.....Oh yes! To "try" you....yeah, that was it, yeah. Also, He told me to inform you that you weren't Ephesus, and to stop omitting your punctuation. And to use upper case letters when using the names of others.
Did he now? Did you imagine voices then? Did the bible tell you this? Remember, Paul wasn't that skillful in speech, did he tell Paul to write properly? "I'm God, tell this to church of Ephesus, Oh and for goodness sake, do speak properly and not mumble!".
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8. It will continue to be illegal after Prop 8 is overturned.
It is a very desperate attempt to change the subject or include other things for outrage sake.

I no longer believe some people here that say they are for or against something while watching them try and undermine others
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy that Jane Dodo asks some stupid questions eh? What a nut case!
"Burning bush"? I think maybe he's burning too much bush!
What comes out of the mouths of fools is always folly! Jane DoDo Is just being himself!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
You are mistaken to state that they are "trivial and insignificant and worthless", they are not. They desire something that they do not rate, but to claim that is completely off the mark. Who appointed you the arbiter of who is worth something and who is not ? Whoever told you that YOU were worth anything ? And claiming that I do not support God by supporting monogamy is also a mistake. You must have meant to say "I do not support God by supporting polygamy" would be a bit more accurate, wouldn't you agree ? Regardless, I do not support polygamy, incest or gay marriage. I DO, however, support the idea that all should receive the same benefits, resultant from the tampering with the Constitution. You, on the other hand, seem unable to grasp the innuendos and subtleties involved in this forum. May I suggest a nice game of Tiddley-Winks, instead ? Perhaps Snakes and Ladders ? You are way past the mark to claim that anyone is "trivial and insignificant and worthless"(except for Chongo, but that is another issue), because you have been treated more than fairly, by both sides of this forum, people that have not mocked you as much as you deserve to be, and if you persist in acting as if you are the only righteous poster in here, I will enjoy watching you be made a mockery of. Who the hell do you think you are ? The only perfect one in here ? Just a silly git, without a clue, that's what you are. Now, be off with you, on yer bike, lad. And if you wish to cite history, then, fer Gawds sake, learn some first. You are an embarrassment to me, and all the people of the Isles. You've shown yerself to be thick, uninformed, narrow minded, uneducated, pompous, and in every way substandard. Plus, as your tag shows you to be from Wrexham, an interloper with no stake in this issue. Who the f**k asked you, anyway ? Go try your "A" levels again, you must have been absent when they were teaching, and you are in sore need.
Such integrity! Proverbs says the fool is wise in his own eyes!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you know about being a man, bigfoot?
Anybody can look, and see I am telling the truth:
<quoted text>
Then I said: "LOL! Can you name one of those books?"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...
Well, WTF could I have meant by "those books"? Well, ugly, the books described just before I ask the question. Books promoted by GLSEN that feature adult-child sex in a favorable way.
LOL! Ever feel like killing yourself because you are so stupid and ugly? Well, don't.
By not claiming what is in the books that shows homosexuality proves Hudson is not even trying to properly trying to defend pure marriage either, and isn't really interested in supporting God and fighting homosexuality!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada City Discussions

Search the Nevada City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
RN Salary in Nevada County Jul 28 Curious 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Steer that was set on fire gets new, safe home Jul 22 Kimber shaw 1
Artistry in the sand Jun '14 DBS 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search