Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,301 - 151,320 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#173223 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you rebelled did you eh?
You're supposed to give a sh!t about the jackass's dopey religious journey like it's very profound or something. Be nice.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173225 Jan 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:3-5 (NASB)
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out that the Bible says there was day and night BEFORE plant life occurred.
Just one more absurdity, day and night before there was a sun.
Along with plants growing before there was a sun.
Without a sun, idiot, the temp would be close to 0 Kelvin. Plants wouldn't last a second, even if there were light.
KiMare wrote:
That means you didn't know what you are a blonde ho who didn't know what you were talking about once again.
Ho, Ho, Ho
I know exactly what I'm talking about.
You are so dumb, you believe that creation myth is history.
<quoted text>
KiMare wrote:
This is what happens when a Ho tries to understand things that require reasoning.
Here are a couple of the theological thoughts about a concise passage (less than three pages) about creation.
-Written in a simple language that could be understood before modern science (99%) of the time period.
Well, god would know what went on, and could explain it. You're too dumb to understand something like "a cloud of interstellar dust...", but most people could get it. People knew about clouds, stars and dust back then.
KiMare wrote:
-One theological 'theory' of this passage is that the length of a day refers to the time frame of God, not humans.
Doesn't matter. The story has plants growing before there is a sun, that's absurd.
KiMare wrote:
-Richard Dawkins, to name one of a few, said life may have been 'seeded' by aliens. Life 'injected' onto earth from another place.
And?
KiMare wrote:
-Even more striking, the passage refers to life beginning from the ground (scientists; a pool of amino acids), and that humans began as simple genderless life forms. Considering any other creation account from that time period (and a LONG time afterward), this account stands distinctly apart.
Go back to the kitchen, you are in no shape for the bedroom, focus on woman's work, and leave the thinking to real men.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
You're not a real man, you have a woman's genes.
LOL!
Do you think you should have been aborted?

Santa Monica, CA

#173226 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it say the day though God made each? "on the sixth day god made", "and the second day god made" ect.
LOL, stupid fundie.
Not only should it be obvious, after all, stories aren't normally told with the events being related in random order, the Buy-bull explicitly states:
"And the evening and the morning were the third day." (Genesis 1:13) after the plants were created and growing.

"And there was evening, and there was morning--the fourth day." (Genesis 1:19) after the sun was created.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173227 Jan 4, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. The impeachment did not fail. Clinton was impeached.
You have dishonestly changed your original assertion that "Clinton's impeachment failed" to "The intent of the impeachment failed".
Why did you do that?
You didn't know what impeachment means. Now you do. Admit it, be a man.
here you go Liar
Yes Clinton was impeached by a partisan vote in the house on Dec 18 1998
Yes the impeachment trial was voted upon in the senate, and failed by partisan vote on Feb 12 1999, and Clinton was acquitted.
Yes the Articles of impeachment specifically stated the penalty was removal from office.
Yes the impeachment failed in its every intent and goal as stated in the articles of impeachment.
Yes he was impeached, yes the impeachment ended in total failure at achieve any of its stated goals.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173228 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you rebelled did you eh?
Oh no stopping my belief in Santa was no big deal, I was quite young.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173229 Jan 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
here you go Liar
Yes the impeachment trial was voted upon in the senate, and failed by partisan vote on Feb 12 1999, and Clinton was acquitted.
Yes the Articles of impeachment specifically stated the penalty was removal from office.
Yes the impeachment failed in its every intent and goal as stated in the articles of impeachment.
Yes he was impeached, yes the impeachment ended in total failure at achieve any of its stated goals.
Your original assertion was: "Clinton's impeachment failed".

You were wrong. It did not fail.

You have changed that assertion to: "The impeachment ended in total failure at achieve any of its stated goals." Which is a totally different statement.

Why did you do that?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173230 Jan 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My older grandkids are funny. They don't believe in Santa till around a week before Christmas! The little ones are precious, they BELIEVE! And I wouldn't ruin that for anything.

P.S. You were wrong. Clinton's impeachment did not fail. Impeachment is the sole power of the House. The Senate cannot fail it, only try it and either convict or acquit. They did. And they acquitted. This in no way fails the impeachment. Clinton was impeached.

Santa Monica, CA

#173231 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
It is being taught to the animals. That is why it mostly occurs in agricultural and domestic animals.
Lectures? Do the animals download PDF files from "do it human style dot com"?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173232 Jan 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one more absurdity, day and night before there was a sun.
Along with plants growing before there was a sun.
Without a sun, idiot, the temp would be close to 0 Kelvin. Plants wouldn't last a second, even if there were light.
<quoted text>
I know exactly what I'm talking about.
You are so dumb, you believe that creation myth is history.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well, god would know what went on, and could explain it. You're too dumb to understand something like "a cloud of interstellar dust...", but most people could get it. People knew about clouds, stars and dust back then.
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. The story has plants growing before there is a sun, that's absurd.
<quoted text>
And?
<quoted text>
You're not a real man, you have a woman's genes.
LOL!
Do you think you should have been aborted?
The sun was created first.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173233 Jan 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, stupid fundie.
Not only should it be obvious, after all, stories aren't normally told with the events being related in random order, the Buy-bull explicitly states:
"And the evening and the morning were the third day." (Genesis 1:13) after the plants were created and growing.
"And there was evening, and there was morning--the fourth day." (Genesis 1:19) after the sun was created.
God would have created heat within the plants and already gave them resources.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173234 Jan 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So what were your parents responses?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173235 Jan 4, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
My older grandkids are funny. They don't believe in Santa till around a week before Christmas! The little ones are precious, they BELIEVE! And I wouldn't ruin that for anything.
P.S. You were wrong. Clinton's impeachment did not fail. Impeachment is the sole power of the House. The Senate cannot fail it, only try it and either convict or acquit. They did. And they acquitted. This in no way fails the impeachment. Clinton was impeached.
here you go Liar
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173237 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The sun was created first.
Not true, it isnt a first generation star

Santa Monica, CA

#173238 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God would have created heat within the plants and already gave them resources.
This is the REAL explanation:
The story is a myth made up by ignorant Bronze Age goat herders.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173239 Jan 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
here you go Liar
That's a completely different assertion from your original one. Why have you changed it? And why a do you call me a liar?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173240 Jan 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So what were your parents responses?
Pleased actually, at the depth of my understanding at such a young age. At least that is what they tell me, I was pretty young.

These stories are like Grimm fairy tales, they are stories to try and influence behavior, that is why for most of its history actual reading of the bible was a capital offence, people were killed for doing so, you only heard how they wanted it interpreted.

Today it is a bit different, after being re-written and the contradictory parts removed, it is an army of people telling you what it is supposed to mean, rather than the simple fact that it is written in plain English ( well the current re-write and translation anyway )

It always amazes me how people will paraphrase one part, and totally ignore another part, I laugh when they try to preach to me, and I show them how what they are saying is not even close to what it says, particularly in the context of what was being said.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173241 Jan 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, it isnt a first generation star
Call him a liar! Change the argument!

Santa Monica, CA

#173242 Jan 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Reason #22 Marriage is also a sacred union. Godís in the mix.- B. Obama
Reason #23 Faith - J. Biden
Reason #1 They were playing politics.

Biden floated his approval of gay marriage publicly, when that went well, Obama announced his.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173243 Jan 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleased actually, at the depth of my understanding at such a young age. At least that is what they tell me, I was pretty young.
These stories are like Grimm fairy tales, they are stories to try and influence behavior, that is why for most of its history actual reading of the bible was a capital offence, people were killed for doing so, you only heard how they wanted it interpreted.
Today it is a bit different, after being re-written and the contradictory parts removed, it is an army of people telling you what it is supposed to mean, rather than the simple fact that it is written in plain English ( well the current re-write and translation anyway )
It always amazes me how people will paraphrase one part, and totally ignore another part, I laugh when they try to preach to me, and I show them how what they are saying is not even close to what it says, particularly in the context of what was being said.
WOW! You're cool!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173244 Jan 4, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Call him a liar! Change the argument!
here you go Liar

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr punch tips 7,935
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug 16 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug 12 The right is wrong 2
Spa cover recommendation Aug 8 mmeisner 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Aug 8 GoodOleBoyNetwork 30
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••