Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,161

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#172014 Dec 23, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe V Wade was one of the better decisions the court has made, I expect they would like another as profound as that one was.
You donít understand, this is an appeal of a decision, there will be no new arguments, there will be no new evidence, there will be no new arguments. It will die by the arguments already presented in the lower courts.
The SCOUTS has contradicted itself numerous times through our history.
The only real questions is will it be the narrow decision ( the one I expect ) pertaining only to California, or the broader one ( the one I would like to see but donít expect ) pertaining to all 50 states.
It is an equal rights issue, the Federal government does have a say in equal rights and has exercised that authority many times.
This is why your opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
If the court wanted to keep this decision solely effecting California they wouldn't have taken the case, there was no need to as that is exactly what the 9th Circuit did.
There are only two possible outcomes. The SCOTUS overturns the 9th and ultimately Walkers decision or they make this a national issue. The real question is are they really ready for another Roe v Wade?
And, will the court contradict itself? Let's not forget they are also hearing the DOMA decision, which clearly states that the Federal Government has NO say in marriage laws, that it is an issue left to the States. In order to uphold the Prop 8 and the DOMA ruling they truly create a contradiction. On one hand you have the Federal Government regulating marriage through the federal court system, on the other you have them saying the federal government lack the power to regulate it?
Interesting situation the court has put itself in.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#172016 Dec 23, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery in this country always used to be by race, we changed that.
Interesting, how do you feel about the Black slave owners?

How about the Blacks who were getting rich selling people into slavery?

Doesn't seem like that much of a race issue at all when you stop looking at the world through Rose colored glasses where the white man is always to blame.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#172017 Dec 23, 2012
Chrisnris wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the state of california diagrees with your opinion because my wife and I have a marriage certificate from this state and we ARE legally married and not you or anyone else can take that right away from us.
If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what do you have?

The fact of the matter is, EVERYONE disagrees with you whether they want to or not. First and foremost, they see LESBIAN. A johnny come (very) lately silly attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.

Even a child knows the difference between redumbant gendered couples and diverse gendered. Especially when one couple is mom and dad!

Science is quickly exposing the cause of homosexuality and will probably discover prevention, if not cure in our life time. Look up homosexuality and epigenetics for the latest.

But even more serious, I think you are beginning to understand that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more obvious it is.

H2 makes twice as much hydrogen. O2 makes twice as much oxygen. H20 makes something totally distinct from the individual distinction, a life giving substance.

:-)

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#172018 Dec 23, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people who have knee-jerk responses on both sides of the Gay Marriage issue. And it may be a joy to poke fun at people who are emotionally charged on the issue, but, it is a serious issue and many Gay Americans have been abused (both physically and emotionally) simple because of who they love. Anti Gay Marriage opponents donít have the same (often times daily) reminders of how they are looked upon as second class citizens. Many haters post on these sites as a way of further marginalizing Gay Americans. Perhaps you can consider that as you are tormenting folks who have a real-life stake in the outcome. As far as the impeachment goes, who really cares.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172019 Dec 23, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why your opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
If the court wanted to keep this decision solely effecting California they wouldn't have taken the case, there was no need to as that is exactly what the 9th Circuit did.
There are only two possible outcomes. The SCOTUS overturns the 9th and ultimately Walkers decision or they make this a national issue. The real question is are they really ready for another Roe v Wade?
And, will the court contradict itself? Let's not forget they are also hearing the DOMA decision, which clearly states that the Federal Government has NO say in marriage laws, that it is an issue left to the States. In order to uphold the Prop 8 and the DOMA ruling they truly create a contradiction. On one hand you have the Federal Government regulating marriage through the federal court system, on the other you have them saying the federal government lack the power to regulate it?
Interesting situation the court has put itself in.
Excellent post, but Big D's not going to understand it. He's a dope.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#172020 Dec 23, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
Whatever happened to that "jazzybird58" jackass? Anybody know?
That guy with the tin foil hat. Straight but calls other men "sugar nipples". Can't spell. Poor grammar.
No sense of humor.
Guess he's done "pissing" on me!
HAR!HAR!HAR! What a jackass!
i AM RIGHT HERE, I have a life, do you?
SuckItUp

West Covina, CA

#172021 Dec 23, 2012
Hostess brass get bonuses while workers get pink slips.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172022 Dec 23, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>i AM RIGHT HERE, I have a life, do you?
Sure you do squeaky! We believe you.
FreeMaybe

West Covina, CA

#172023 Dec 23, 2012
When Glendora, California city employees come back from their holiday break they will find something new.

Clear plastic dispensers chock-full of free condoms will have been installed at all the city of Glendora owned and operated facilities, since the employees have been screwed on a regular bases by Glendora city hall management.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172024 Dec 23, 2012
SuckItUp wrote:
Hostess brass get bonuses while workers get pink slips.
Aw shuddup you silly jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172026 Dec 23, 2012
Chrisnris wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the state of california diagrees with your opinion because my wife and I have a marriage certificate from this state and we ARE legally married and not you or anyone else can take that right away from us.
Real proud of you both tough girl! I went to my neice's wedding to her long term g.f. at a real fancy joint in NY while ago. What a party! Love them both.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172027 Dec 23, 2012
FreeMaybe wrote:
When Glendora, California city employees come back from their holiday break they will find something new.
Clear plastic dispensers chock-full of free condoms will have been installed at all the city of Glendora owned and operated facilities, since the employees have been screwed on a regular bases by Glendora city hall management.
http://www.hark.com/clips/fmmskpxsdp-cuckoo-c...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172029 Dec 23, 2012
Pig Mania wrote:
What happened to $3 Bill, I miss his dopey posts?
I dunno. I'm getting worried. He hasn't been rating posts 10 times anymore either.

You know how reckless those crazy bus drivers in Livermore are! Hope he didn't get mowed down by a downtown bus. You know how he's always lurking downtown around the school.
John E Colby

Alviso, CA

#172030 Dec 23, 2012
Pig Mania wrote:
What happened to $3 Bill, I miss his dopey posts?
He was replaced by an even dopier, Mike DiRucci.
Jollys

West Covina, CA

#172031 Dec 23, 2012
Don't just love that jolly old man calling himself saint nick?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172032 Dec 23, 2012
John E Colby wrote:
<quoted text>
He was replaced by an even dopier, Mike DiRucci.
Dumb post! Real proud of you. You mad?

What a dope!
Jollys

West Covina, CA

#172033 Dec 23, 2012
Don't just love that jolly old man calling himself saint nick?

Now take your 'new york' BS and swim farther East.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#172035 Dec 23, 2012
Pig Mania wrote:
<quoted text>Hope he didn't get run over by a bus but if he did I bet his head stone reads "Shut you pie hole"!
given your head is a stone... i'm sure when they bury you they will just plant you from neck down

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172036 Dec 23, 2012
Pig Mania wrote:
<quoted text>Hope he didn't get run over by a bus but if he did I bet his head stone reads "Shut you pie hole"!
I sure miss the silly old bastid's dopey posts!

Once in a while I see one of his posts somewhere, He's got a hundred sock puppets but you can always tell it's him by his silly grammar quirks.

And now the big dopey hot shot uses a proxy server! Silly locations like Canada and Arizona instead of Downtown Livermore where he actually is.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172037 Dec 23, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>given your head is a stone... i'm sure when they bury you they will just plant you from neck down
Aw shuddup dummy, dumb joke. ha ha.

Thought you were busy persecuting some judge for his beliefs.
Did you get him fired yet? Or was it just a fantasy like Jerry?

Too Funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linden High School remembers Pearl Harbor Dec 7 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 3
Nevada County Food Bank to Stop Distribution in... Dec 2 Jessie 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Nov 30 Grady Henderson 31
Review: DI Pietro Windy Noreen MFT Oct '14 Melonnee Desiree ... 1
Review: No Problem Oct '14 GoldCountry Roofing 1
'Little Shop of Horrors', a cult classic, bloss... Sep '14 Zombella 1
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug '14 fishes 1
Nevada City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web