Toy run may cross downtown Chico off list

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

The new year may bring changes to one of Butte County's cherished annual holiday events.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
War Pig

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly will. Take all of our business too.
War Pig is all about the kids, pollution not so much. Far as business revenue- I'm sure Halls Harley makes up the difference charging for tuneups on those bolt buckets. On that subject I must say I have never ridden such a heavy high speed capable motorcycle with shit for brakes! How do you all stop those things?
Hmmmmm

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

We appreciate what you do and your business you bring us each year in paradise. Never a problem- much better than the college crowd or pot smoking hippies. See you next year and Happy holidays.
Born In Chico

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

WAR PIG!!!

The name says it all....
Magalia resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Wow. This organization tries to do something good and you people are so petty that you cant even come out of your stupid anal box for 1 day? No, I dont ride a motorcycle ( I do LOVE to ride quads tho) but it really doesnt matter whether you ride or not, this was a nice, fun thing for them to do and instead of maybe trying to appreciate the beauty of some of the bikes or appreciate that they are doing this primarily for the children you whine about something you didnt even have to attend and if it came by you, well, whats 5 minutes in a lifetime? What a bunch of little bit**es in Chico, glad I dont live there, you can keep your whining pansy assed little college punks and your uptight attitude right where it is and we will leave YOU alone too. Chico didnt just lose revenue from the run, they just lost revenue from alot of butte county residents who are not anal pussies and if you dont think that can make an impact, just watch. Bye bye Chico, I'll take my money elsewhere and im POSITIVE im not alone. The money in this area isnt actually in Chico, its in the surrounding foothills because thats where people who can afford to, hide out from the punks and traffic and anal idiots like the ones posting from Chico. They just need to be close enough to hit their banks but guess what Chico? You arent the only game in town.
War Pig

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Born In Chico wrote:
WAR PIG!!!
The name says it all....
Born in Chico- the name says so much more!!
Ace

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Scotty Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the christian reason for straight pipes?
Because Christians don't use GAY pipes.
War Pig

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

I just read that article again and nowhere does it say the event was cancelled because the citizens of Chico came forward and said they didn't want it. It says the turnout was low so Nunley is pulling it out. I honestly don't recall seeing any widespread advertisement about this event. Were the organizers hoping for word of mouth or something else to attract support? It almost sounds like the organizers of the run have some kind of bias against the city of Chico.
Having said that, what is it the run organizers hope to attract when they stop in a town? More riders, right? More riders = more toys. Were the organizers hoping for downtown Chico to shut down for a huge biker celebration? I don't get it. This isn't a weekend or week long event either. The bike riders show up then continue on their way a short time later. Sounds like this decision to abandon Chico falls more on Nunley than the citizens of Chico
Taxpayer

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Magalia resident wrote:
Wow. This organization tries to do something good and you people are so petty that you cant even come out of your stupid anal box for 1 day? No,...
OK, exactly how many toys did they donate? The ER showed ONE box of cheap stuffed animals. Big deal. Take them somewhere else, someplace where loud noised are appreciated.
TLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

War Pig wrote:
I just read that article again and nowhere does it say the event was cancelled because the citizens of Chico came forward and said they didn't want it. It says the turnout was low so Nunley is pulling it out. I honestly don't recall seeing any widespread advertisement about this event. Were the organizers hoping for word of mouth or something else to attract support? It almost sounds like the organizers of the run have some kind of bias against the city of Chico.
Having said that, what is it the run organizers hope to attract when they stop in a town? More riders, right? More riders = more toys. Were the organizers hoping for downtown Chico to shut down for a huge biker celebration? I don't get it. This isn't a weekend or week long event either. The bike riders show up then continue on their way a short time later. Sounds like this decision to abandon Chico falls more on Nunley than the citizens of Chico
I'm thinking the reason they went through town was to perhaps get the shoppers to donate $$$ towards the toys or to get the attention (which they apparently did!) that toys are needed everywhere. My family doesn't take their bike to Hall's, they go to Yuba City. Nothing wrong with Halls, it's just that the mechanic and sales people in YC are acquainted with the bike and now what it needs or doesn't need. My son and daughter in law have heavy boots on in case the breaks get low!!! LOL
Mangrove

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking the reason they went through town was to perhaps get the shoppers to donate $$$ towards the toys or to get the attention (which they apparently did!)
Why would anyone donate to a bunch of fat bikers? If I want to donate I'll give my money elsewhere.
Magalia resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

Mangrove wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone donate to a bunch of fat bikers? If I want to donate I'll give my money elsewhere.
Reread what tlc wrote in your quote, they werent asking for anything and yes, quite possibly trying to open some eyes to the needy CHILDREN at this "Giving" time of year. Did you load up your dog with his fake antlers and try and steal those presents? Is that why your so........You?????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nevada City Discussions

Search the Nevada City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Decide what 4,837
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Republican idiots 200,196
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr 21 and over 15,909
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
Artistry in the sand Jun 25 DBS 2
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Jun 15 John Taubeneck 1
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun 11 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
•••

Fire Warning for Nevada County was issued at July 10 at 12:42PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nevada City People Search