Toy run may cross downtown Chico off list

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

The new year may bring changes to one of Butte County's cherished annual holiday events.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ace

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Thank God they aren't coming back next year. Why in the world would anyone want to see a bunch of old fat men on obnoxiously loud motorcycles ride through town? For what? If it was really about delivering toys, ONE truck could carry more than all the noisy bikes. Good Riddance.
bye bye

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Hell, i left downtown when i heard about this...how about spend the gas money you waste for this stupid event on something good. Couple hundred fat guys on harleys each with $20 worth of gas and a $9 toy...great idea
Jim Brobeck

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Good intentions, too much noise.
Born In Chico

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

I can't believe the grinch messages above. I know financial times are hard and people can't give like before but the grinch messages are not needed. The whole country is cutting back.... not just Chico. But hey I moved to Oregon so What do I care.... Chico is....
SJG

Hollister, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Way to keep it classy posters! I'm shocked it didn't take longer in between posts to compose your little gems under your alias'.

At least no one has yet blamed Mexicans or Obama, yet.

Note to Toy Run Leadership: please don't give interviews in the future if your disappointment is the "what" part of the interview. Who, where, when and why can't carry the load. Your doing a positive, focus on that. Otherwise, see previous postings.
John Marquardt

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

As a rider, I really like riding through downtown Chico...I really hate the small venue at the end though. But as a Chicoan, I always have wondered how the citizens know there's a parade. I've never seem it advertised or promoted. I'm surprised to see the people out that we see. We see more in Paradise than in Chico so whatever you do up there...do here.
vern

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Another fine tradition for a great cause gone by the wayside becuase of the ignorant apathetic morons in chico. How sad.
vern

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Finally someone who understands the real reason to have this event, unlike those, "grinches" as you call them. All they cam do is bitch about what bothers them and can't see beyond thier own petty needs, of which nobody cares about anyway.
Born In Chico wrote:
I can't believe the grinch messages above. I know financial times are hard and people can't give like before but the grinch messages are not needed. The whole country is cutting back.... not just Chico. But hey I moved to Oregon so What do I care.... Chico is....
vern

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Stop whining because you are too much of a wuss to be able to ride a bike.
Chico Voter wrote:
FAAAAAGS!! Fa.ggy bikers are going to not advertise for an event that nobody has even heard of and then cry like beeoootches when people don't go out to see them line up in their leather tights and shiny loud vibrators. Nobody likes bikers. There has already been talk about changing the meaning of the word faa.ag to bikers. Gay lobbyist are behind it.

“Life is what you make of it. ”

Since: May 08

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

The sad thing about Chico is they have all these things going on yet no one knows about them. Why not post a calender that shows what is happening where. Then people could pick and choose if they want to go. We always read about things happening in our community. Yet how many never really know it is happening. I think the toy run is a great idea. And to those of you who don't support it and its cause. You should be ashamed bikers of today are not what they were in the 70's. So get over it!
Bill Werner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Actually, there were about 9 motorcycles and 500 Harley Davidsons, none of which had a muffler. Funny thing, none of those Harleys can idle while at a stoplight, the rider has to keep twisting the throttle to keep it running. Or is it to keep people looking at him? Such noisy bad boys!
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

We all got out of town because we thought it was a hells angels convention. We were afraid of getting injured in the crossfire. What a stupid way to put this event on.
TLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Sorry you posters have to see a negative side of this. My son and daughter in law ride a Harley and they do it for Christian reasons also. They belong to Christian Motorcycle Association, do bike runs for the Burn Foundation to help raise money for burn victims, do toy runs for children who have NOTHING. I am very proud of them. I don't mind telling you that to your face.
Janelle

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

I am shocked that anyone would take the time to post such hateful, hostile comments about a fun holiday tradition that involves fun for the riders as well as fun for the children who receive the gifts. I saw many bikers on the road that day as we returned from a shopping trip to Chico, and knew instantly why there were so many of them and thought it was great and looked like a lot of fun. Why not advertise a little more before the event and let non-bikers know how they can participate? We jeep, and thus I understand the fun of association with those who enjoy a similar activity. Perhaps combine bikers and jeepers?
Scotty Parker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

TLC wrote:
Sorry you posters have to see a negative side of this. My son and daughter in law ride a Harley and they do it for Christian reasons also. They belong to Christian Motorcycle Association, do bike runs for the Burn Foundation to help raise money for burn victims, do toy runs for children who have NOTHING. I am very proud of them. I don't mind telling you that to your face.
What is the christian reason for straight pipes?
shhhhh

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

TLC wrote:
they couldn't do these runs in a Prius?
War Pig

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

The citizens of Chico clearly do not want to host "biker" events, toy run or not. Stop trying to ruin the ambience of our quaint little town with scoundrels and skullduggery disguised in cheap gifts and obnoxious American two wheel bolt buckets. Take the 23 year history and go back to Nevada City and Hollister
TLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Scotty Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the christian reason for straight pipes?
Who said they had straight pipes. I'm talking about MY family, not everyone else's. By the way that's Christian with a capital "C".
TLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

shhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
they couldn't do these runs in a Prius?
Why sure they could. They could do the runs in a covered wagon with horses pulling the wagon. Oh I forgot you guys don't like anything to do with noise or pollution or gathering toys for kids. Sorry
TLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

War Pig wrote:
The citizens of Chico clearly do not want to host "biker" events, toy run or not. Stop trying to ruin the ambience of our quaint little town with scoundrels and skullduggery disguised in cheap gifts and obnoxious American two wheel bolt buckets. Take the 23 year history and go back to Nevada City and Hollister
Certainly will. Take all of our business too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Nevada City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nevada City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••