|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

EYES WIDE OPEN wrote:
Money talks and when it does people come running.

Jim Grube left for money and Bammer is too.

Wendy V she was is and will always be useless. Byram got netcong's trash and then fired her.

Grube sucked money from the school to pay for his new degree and certificates so he could get out of the town he loves so much and make more money.

And that is what Bammer is doing too.

The money talked and they went.
You do not have a clue in the world what has and is going on! Maybe if they had a Board that they could work with, support them, and would stick to policy which is their job and not micromanage people would stay. So easy to say it is all about the money and not take the blame for what is really going on!
Confirmed

Iselin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Letís face it, the almighty dollar will always speak volumes and in this economy who wouldnít want to bring home a larger paycheck. You canít fault Mrs. Bammer to want to provide for her family. As far as Grube taking her, he is just making a business decision and is ultimately not at fault. While Mrs. Bammer is a lovely person who genuinely cares about the students she did not have control over the teachers and was not the ideal ďbossĒ. Doesnít mean I didnít like her Ė I wish her all the best.

As far as Netcong School is concerned, I agree it is a cesspool! Have you looked at the rankings? Out of 72 schools in Morris County it falls at 62!! SOME of those teachers really need an awakening and need to start doing their jobs. They think they rule the school and have been allowed to get away with it for a very long time. They need to be held accountable for their jobs as teachers and I hope this whole tenure thing passes where their jobs will not be ďsafeĒ for life anymore. They will have to step up to the plate and perform, just like the rest of us do at our jobs, or they could possibly face termination. And, while I am at it, the interim principal, Mr. Eberhardt, is no better!

Another problem with Netcong is that the entire school system from the BOE to the school view Netcong as a lower income neighborhood (not saying I agree), thus meaning that the parents arenít going to do anything to make them perform better. You would never see a school system getting away with the things Netcong does if it were in an affluent town such as Mendham, Morris Twp., etc. because the parents there arenít afraid to make them answer for their actions and follow through with it if they donít. Last time I checked, WE pay their salaries and they are our employees. Itís time we take control and make it known that we arenít happy with the performance of the school. How is this helping our children and their futures? Do you think with the education they are receiving right now it will prepare them enough for high school so that they can eventually get into a good college? Not with what is being taught and how it is being taught right now.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Confirmed wrote:
Letís face it, the almighty dollar will always speak volumes and in this economy who wouldnít want to bring home a larger paycheck. You canít fault Mrs. Bammer to want to provide for her family. As far as Grube taking her, he is just making a business decision and is ultimately not at fault. While Mrs. Bammer is a lovely person who genuinely cares about the students she did not have control over the teachers and was not the ideal ďbossĒ. Doesnít mean I didnít like her Ė I wish her all the best.
As far as Netcong School is concerned, I agree it is a cesspool! Have you looked at the rankings? Out of 72 schools in Morris County it falls at 62!! SOME of those teachers really need an awakening and need to start doing their jobs. They think they rule the school and have been allowed to get away with it for a very long time. They need to be held accountable for their jobs as teachers and I hope this whole tenure thing passes where their jobs will not be ďsafeĒ for life anymore. They will have to step up to the plate and perform, just like the rest of us do at our jobs, or they could possibly face termination. And, while I am at it, the interim principal, Mr. Eberhardt, is no better!
Another problem with Netcong is that the entire school system from the BOE to the school view Netcong as a lower income neighborhood (not saying I agree), thus meaning that the parents arenít going to do anything to make them perform better. You would never see a school system getting away with the things Netcong does if it were in an affluent town such as Mendham, Morris Twp., etc. because the parents there arenít afraid to make them answer for their actions and follow through with it if they donít. Last time I checked, WE pay their salaries and they are our employees. Itís time we take control and make it known that we arenít happy with the performance of the school. How is this helping our children and their futures? Do you think with the education they are receiving right now it will prepare them enough for high school so that they can eventually get into a good college? Not with what is being taught and how it is being taught right now.
Very nicely writen. Thank you for very good feedback!
OK THEN

Netcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Ok all you want to be's with opinions how about stepping up to the plate and running for the board of ed.

I do believe it is that time of the year. So stop hiding behind your laptops and go file your paperwork.

Peperoni21 why not run against your friend "porky P"?

Either run and make a difference or keep your opinions to yourself.
what now

Sayreville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Some of you, and you know who you are...Pep and company, sound like a bunch of 2nd graders in a food fight. Grow up! We know what happened, what do we do now? Stop talking about the "seasoned" teachers that expected more, were to TOUGH,the ones you and your kids couldn't handle? Get over that for now. What about the administration we have now?
+
provolone 22

Dover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

The only real teacher at the school is Mrs. Koch. She challenges the kids at every level. Her pay back? She is destroyed by the parents. She is attacked at every turn. Thank goodness she is strong enough to take it. She may not have the best demeanor and she is hard to deal with but she pushes the kids to excel in math.
With all the garbage she has to put up with why on earth would any one of the other teacher step up. Why would they leave the safety of mediocrity for the scorn she gets.
Some of the Netcong parents complain about the school and the teachers and then attack the only teacher doing her job. I would think that spreads around the school like wildfire.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

First off, how do you know that I am not already a member of the Board of Ed? You just assume that I am not involved and only complaining from behind a computer, but you have absolutely no idea who I really am. Second, is it really so bad that I want the children of Netcong to get a better education? Is it so bad that I want the teachers to actually teach and the ones that don't held responsible? Is it so bad that I am not a fan of Ms. Bammer who was a lousy administrator? Is it so bad that I don't believe all of Porky Popelka's troublemaking lies? As I have said many times before, if you don't like what I write, don't read it. But maybe you should take a good look at the numbers. Netcong school system is a cesspool and our rankings (62 out of 72) prove it. Good Riddance Ms. Bammer!!
Somewhat True

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

provolone 22 wrote:
The only real teacher at the school is Mrs. Koch. She challenges the kids at every level. Her pay back? She is destroyed by the parents. She is attacked at every turn. Thank goodness she is strong enough to take it. She may not have the best demeanor and she is hard to deal with but she pushes the kids to excel in math.
With all the garbage she has to put up with why on earth would any one of the other teacher step up. Why would they leave the safety of mediocrity for the scorn she gets.
Some of the Netcong parents complain about the school and the teachers and then attack the only teacher doing her job. I would think that spreads around the school like wildfire.
Disagree that Mrs. Koch is the "only real teacher at the school." There are many that work very hard to teach the students and actually love their jobs.
Agree that parent support is a key to the educational success of all students. Most parents do not know how much time is spent by dedicated teachers (before and afer school- without pay) constructing challenging lessons for their students and completing tons of paperwork (report cards, grading papers, progress reports, professional development, lesson plans, website information, etc.)
Parents need to "team-up" with these teachers and the end result will no doubt be successful students.
For those teachers that do not do their jobs and do the job just to collect a paycheck, they get no sympathy here. They should not be teaching and they should not be protected under tenure. They should step aside, find another profession, and make room for the thousands of teachers who are waiting in line to make a difference in the educational experience of children.
Netcong's BOE has their work cut out for them. Parents, get on board and push aside the board members who are there for the wrong reasons! You can make a difference in your children's future by becoming active in your child's school. Stop complaining and do something about it.
provolone 22

Dover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Somewhat True wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree that Mrs. Koch is the "only real teacher at the school." There are many that work very hard to teach the students and actually love their jobs.
Agree that parent support is a key to the educational success of all students. Most parents do not know how much time is spent by dedicated teachers (before and afer school- without pay) constructing challenging lessons for their students and completing tons of paperwork (report cards, grading papers, progress reports, professional development, lesson plans, website information, etc.)
Parents need to "team-up" with these teachers and the end result will no doubt be successful students.
For those teachers that do not do their jobs and do the job just to collect a paycheck, they get no sympathy here. They should not be teaching and they should not be protected under tenure. They should step aside, find another profession, and make room for the thousands of teachers who are waiting in line to make a difference in the educational experience of children.
Netcong's BOE has their work cut out for them. Parents, get on board and push aside the board members who are there for the wrong reasons! You can make a difference in your children's future by becoming active in your child's school. Stop complaining and do something about it.
Which ones?????
I am talking about 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers.
OK THEN

Netcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Pepperoni21 wrote:
First off, how do you know that I am not already a member of the Board of Ed? You just assume that I am not involved and only complaining from behind a computer, but you have absolutely no idea who I really am. Second, is it really so bad that I want the children of Netcong to get a better education? Is it so bad that I want the teachers to actually teach and the ones that don't held responsible? Is it so bad that I am not a fan of Ms. Bammer who was a lousy administrator? Is it so bad that I don't believe all of Porky Popelka's troublemaking lies? As I have said many times before, if you don't like what I write, don't read it. But maybe you should take a good look at the numbers. Netcong school system is a cesspool and our rankings (62 out of 72) prove it. Good Riddance Ms. Bammer!!
First, I agree with everything you said it is valid and you present your case very articulately.You Do have very good insight and seem informed with old school ties to the town. For the most part I am on board with your thoughts and would love to see you run for a seat on the council or the board of Ed.
You Are Not currently A board of education member so please stop trying to get people to think you are.
By process of elimination I know you are not. For example, Frank T could never articulate or verbalize as well as you and he has no old ties to the town. The 2 new people on the board are just that to NEW to town to have a clue. Maryann C has good intentions but is not a good communicator like you. Bob O fits the format to be you but I just don't see him being you. You are for sure not Todd M. He was so far up Bammer's ass he needed a rode map to find his way out. That leaves Bernedtte D she too fits the format and is articulate and can speak and write very well. BUT it is fact that you were posting and she was in plain view of the public at a board meeting, as was ALL the other members. Patrick Mc could very well be you but he lives next door to Your friend Porkey and may want to keep the peace by staying on her good ( if there is one) side.
Now of course you could be old Porkey herself and to throw everyone off track you bash yourself.

Regardless of who you are not I like your views and implore you to become active and help get our kids out of the cesspool

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

OK Then...I never at any point represented that I was a member of the Board of Education. You accused me of hiding behind a computer screen and challenged me to "get involved or shut up". I then pointed out that your assumptions that I am not already involved are not fair if you do not know who I am. I used the example that for all you know I could already be a member of the Board of Ed. That being said, I will write anything on this website that I wish as long as it is the truth. As I have said many times, if anyone can point out anything that I have written that is not true, I will stop posting.
Hello

Andover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Pepperoni21 wrote:
OK Then...I never at any point represented that I was a member of the Board of Education. You accused me of hiding behind a computer screen and challenged me to "get involved or shut up". I then pointed out that your assumptions that I am not already involved are not fair if you do not know who I am. I used the example that for all you know I could already be a member of the Board of Ed. That being said, I will write anything on this website that I wish as long as it is the truth. As I have said many times, if anyone can point out anything that I have written that is not true, I will stop posting.
Twice someone has pointed out what you had written was not true and you are still here, like a plague upon Netcong. I say good riddance to you sister and take your other personalities with you.
what now

Sayreville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

It seems like no one really cares. What is your feeling about the new super and new principal? I keep hearing different things.
provolone 22

Dover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

I agree that Pep was proven wrong. However it was a prediction of an election. Not sure that is a fact that can be proven wrong or right. Pep does throw a lot of opinions around which by defintion are not facts.
While I have never agreed with his/her name calling or personal attacks, I often agree with his/her points.
That said, this is still a free country and freedom of speech should be carefully guarded. Once you put yourself in the public spotlight I believe you then become fair game.
By the way "Hello", because of the style (seems to mean to be female)of Pep's writting I assumed he/she was male. You have opened my eyes to the posibility that he/she may be female.
Netcong Resident

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

yikes wrote:
The problem here is the BOE. Just like the problem with the town is the council. It's the clicks that rule around here. Either get used to it, or get out of "Dodge". Nothing worng with Jim Grube wanting to surround himself with good people. That's how you achieve success; you surround yourself with good people. The BOE and Town Council in Netcong serve the interests of themselves. And even if there are any good members on either board, they get over ruled by the clicks. Thats just the way it goes in a small town; small minds.
Is there anything you like about Netcong. Why do you stay here if you feel like nothing is right here. There are four exits out of town. Why don't you take one of them and move to one of the more "affluent" towns around us.
It is time

Dover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

To stop hiring interims and hire someone who will have a vested interest in the district and be strong enough to not allow the Board to micro manage.
OK THEN

Netcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Pepperoni21 wrote:
Thanks for the response,however, for the record I was making a blanket statement to all the posters on here to get involved or shut up.It was not directed at you alone. I mentioned you by name because I like your posts and I do feel you speak the truth that no one wants to hear and I feel you could make a difference. I in noway shape or form want to shut you up or tell you not to post.
I want you to post I am a fan not a detractor of you.
Please consider running in April for the board of ed.
yikes

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

provolone 22 wrote:
Provolone - you have no idea what you are talking about. Mrs. Koch is a horrible teacher. She worries about the kids who get it, and the kids who dont get it, well, they do not get taught properly. They get no guidance, they get no help. Koch teaches to the tune of a different drum and the kids have to take it or leave it. I speak from experience of having children go through the school and having Koch as a teacher. Get your facts straight before commenting on Koch being a good teacher.
Opinion

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
Provolone - you have no idea what you are talking about. Mrs. Koch is a horrible teacher. She worries about the kids who get it, and the kids who dont get it, well, they do not get taught properly. They get no guidance, they get no help. Koch teaches to the tune of a different drum and the kids have to take it or leave it. I speak from experience of having children go through the school and having Koch as a teacher. Get your facts straight before commenting on Koch being a good teacher.
Wow, are you ever right. I don't know anyone that likes Mrs. Koch. The kids don't like her, the parents don't like her. She should be teaching in a high school. She is not good with younger kids. All the kids I know are having trouble in math. There are many good teachers in the Netcong School. Mrs. Koch is not one of them.
yikes

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

There is a running joke up at the HS, when the incoming freshman class comes up, kids who really struggle with math the teachers chuckle and shake their heads and say these must be "Koch" kids. There is a very obvious thread in the kids who were taught be her who never quite "got" math and still struggle and literally had to start fresh with the basics. She had plenty of time for the accelerated classes because her job was already done for her and the kids who struggled she made it painfully obvious that they were a burden and "dumb". She should not be teaching elem. math. No warm and approachable side to her at ALL...the kids slipped right through the cracks. Her only goal was to prepare them for the state tests and to get through the material that was given to her whether they GOT it or not. My child was told countless times "i go over this once and if you don't get it go home and teach yourself" Shameful!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Netcong Discussions

Search the Netcong Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Latest D.W.I. (Feb '13) Mon cee 10
Missing Paintings Apr 7 growingstage 1
Does Stanhope have a Zoning officer ? (Apr '13) Apr 4 Hermie 8
St. Michael's...again! (Nov '11) Mar 30 Mike 40
Netcong BOE election Mar '14 Represent 36
Debate: Marijuana - Hopatcong, NJ (Sep '10) Mar '14 sam jones 18
Ronald E. Hand (Nov '06) Mar '14 Rick troiano 7
•••

Fire Warning for Morris County was issued at April 23 at 7:27PM EDT