Town Organizer Position

Posted in the Netcong Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 8, 2012
I feel my property value has declined so I can only think of ideas on how we need to promote the town so people would love to live in Netcong more then because your family lives there and bring Netcong to the next level of status. First of course the business owners need to make sure their property are kept up to standards for instance if your building has moss and mold then clean it. Next promote the town so we are not a drive through but more of a welcoming town to keep people in the town to shop and spend their weekends. An argument well we are to small of a town, forget that, look at Chester and their small main street block. Next we need a Town Organizer. This is going to be the individual who prepares the events in the town along with the Recreation and NCP.

For instance the Farmers market. They will be the one who plans out the following events that could be held:
- Sports weekend - This is where you could sign up for football, soccer, softball, baseball, basketball and whatever else we have, also you could get the information and contact information for the leagues, this would not be just for kids but adult information too. I know that we could be part of the Roxbury adult softball if we wanted too.
- Craft weekend - bring in the local crafters to show off their stuff.
- Kids weekend - have the art studios, pre schools, early education from the area, little gym and those types of places come to set up and promote.
- Cook weekend - find those people who teach cooking lessons to come and set up a booth and cook away. Then have people try the food.
- Health weekend - Get the hospitals with all their promotional information they send out to come and set up booths to say why go to their hospital. Local physical therapist, kids doctors, adults, dentist whoever wants to come.
- Scout Weekend - Bring all the scout and local organizations like Nights of Columbus come

Next they will be the one who promotes the 5K race by sending information to every vendor, small business, crafter, clubs, organization groups, home business in the Northern section of NJ. This would also include every type of industry as well that Netcong residents along with our surrounding town needs.

Organize the Kids Meet the Police, Fire, and EMS night. This would be where parents can bring there children to pick up information on safety along with helmet check, car seat checks, and smoke detector knowledge.

Work with the businesses of Netcong-This person would seek to fill open spots in our town for businesses that could benefit along with getting grants for the business area who would work with Ralph.

They will work with the newspapers and media in the area. This person would be responsible for sending out emails along with gathering the email addresses of our Netcong residence to keep our community up to date on all Netcong activities including working with the school to make sure that younger children and parents would like to be involved receive the memos. Contacting and posting signs in other towns to promote Netcong.

This person will also be in charge of the cleaning of the main streets and also contacting slap for clean up of streets, field, parks, and any type of locations which could benefit from the service. Also look into taking over property behind main street to set up a parking lot, put more lighting in behind the video store, change out the road way there to make it for pedestrians to enter the main street.

This position should have been filled when the bridge closed to really make the town be recognized and benefit from the extra traffic. My hopes are to raise the property value of our town and bring more individuals that would only have driven to stop and get out on our main street.
Resident

Netcong, NJ

#2 Mar 8, 2012
Sounds like a great idea. You should approach the council and go for it.
There are quite a few unique qualities in our town that some of the folks who moved here do not appreciate. Unfortunately, there are many people who just don't care about where and how they live. Very sad.
Concerned Parent

Morristown, NJ

#3 Mar 8, 2012
Blue Sky Eyes - I think you make some terrific points and something many municipalities have already moved towards. My question is: With the people that work at Town Hall and all the Committees we have, wouldn't you think that this should already be someone's responsibilities? Yes, it could be a volunteer, but how much input and say would a volunteer have without having to jump through hoops?

Location hidden

#4 Mar 8, 2012
Concerned Parent wrote:
Blue Sky Eyes - I think you make some terrific points and something many municipalities have already moved towards. My question is: With the people that work at Town Hall and all the Committees we have, wouldn't you think that this should already be someone's responsibilities? Yes, it could be a volunteer, but how much input and say would a volunteer have without having to jump through hoops?
Yes I feel this should have already been in place. I believe that the NCP person was doing a tiny portion of this but with a little more funds I believe this could be a full time position. I do not believe it should be volunteer because of the amount of hours necessary in making this position a success and as well as the time this person needs to be available. Also it is not far for someone to do this during their lunch and break time at their current employer. I personally need the housing prices of Netcong to increase and I need the town to change with the current life style of the new people moving in. We expect and are will to pay more to get more back. Stop spending money on ordinances that are going to cost to put in place when they are not even constitutional to do and take those funds to increase the value of the town as a whole. The street cleaning project for main street that was brought up was probably one of the brightest ideas from the council that I have seen in a long time. Actually I left that meeting amazed so lets put funds out to get this town in order. There stop the BS on who has pull where and just CLEAN the community up! ALSO GET THE EMS THE RADIOS THEY NEED JACK!

Location hidden

#5 Mar 8, 2012
A great project for the council to do is review every ordinance that has been placed on the books to make corrections or remove any that are not with the times. Change the ordinance on massage places to allow a full service spa in the area. This could give the dozen of nail and hair salons we have the ability to expand their business. Also gyms could expand with having this service available. Next the ordinance on having chickens. I am guessing a council persons neighbor had chickens so that could be a reason for this. That would be an excellent project for someone to do. Hold off on adopting new until you all do your homework as council members and see what is even on the books.
Yeah Right

Kenvil, NJ

#6 Mar 8, 2012
Blue Sky Eyes wrote:
A great project for the council to do is review every ordinance that has been placed on the books to make corrections or remove any that are not with the times. Change the ordinance on massage places to allow a full service spa in the area. This could give the dozen of nail and hair salons we have the ability to expand their business. Also gyms could expand with having this service available. Next the ordinance on having chickens. I am guessing a council persons neighbor had chickens so that could be a reason for this. That would be an excellent project for someone to do. Hold off on adopting new until you all do your homework as council members and see what is even on the books.
I am a little confused do you want to open a full service massage parlor or raise chickens ?
provolone 22

Dover, NJ

#7 Mar 9, 2012
"Blue", you need something to do during the day, a hobbie maybe. While I usually don't agree with any of your ramblings, this one takes the cake. Suggesting the town hire another employee to do the job of our already overpaid, under worked town administrator is ridiculous. Please spare me all the rebuttals on how busy he is. We all know thats not true.
I do (finally) agree with you about Jack and the emt radios. Thats about the fire dept. vs. every other dept. in town.
Yeah Right

Kenvil, NJ

#8 Mar 9, 2012
provolone 22 wrote:
"Blue", you need something to do during the day, a hobbie maybe. While I usually don't agree with any of your ramblings, this one takes the cake. Suggesting the town hire another employee to do the job of our already overpaid, under worked town administrator is ridiculous. Please spare me all the rebuttals on how busy he is. We all know thats not true.
I do (finally) agree with you about Jack and the emt radios. Thats about the fire dept. vs. every other dept. in town.
Hey Provolone dont you see where this is going, when she opens up the Blue Sky Eyes full service chicken ranch she will be to busy to post anything anymore. I guess you thought stuff like that only happens in Vegas.
Ol Netcong

Parlin, NJ

#9 Mar 9, 2012
There are plenty of people at town hall, that work there already, that could fulfill this position. No need to spend extra money we don't have to create another position down there. Some of the employees we have don't do that much and I'm sure could get working on some the points you make.
Luca Brasi

Newark, NJ

#10 Mar 9, 2012
I have an idea. Why doesn't the town hire Dolores Colabella to be Town Organizer.
Citizen

Washington, NJ

#11 Mar 9, 2012
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Provolone dont you see where this is going, when she opens up the Blue Sky Eyes full service chicken ranch she will be to busy to post anything anymore. I guess you thought stuff like that only happens in Vegas.
I think you have a great idea but the wrong town... Stanhope has a hell hole mess on rt 206, called Jimmy's towing and cant or dont seem to care. See if they can use your help..

Yeah Right

Kenvil, NJ

#12 Mar 9, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have a great idea but the wrong town... Stanhope has a hell hole mess on rt 206, called Jimmy's towing and cant or dont seem to care. See if they can use your help..
Getting it approved in Stanhope would be tough with Roe the new mayor. With Nametko and his sidekick JSJR running Netcong it is a shoe in. Just look around there is new Check cashing business in town then there is the new Barbershop.All that is missing is a Chicken Ranch and a Pawn shop.Besides who would go to a Greek owned chicken ranch that offers full service.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 10, 2012
What a surprise that Fat Alcoholic Jack Sylvester wants the drunken fire department to have equipment they don't need, but no one else is allowed to spend any money. As far as a town organizer is concerned let fat pig Ralph earn his pay for a change and accomplish what you are asking.
YEA

Netcong, NJ

#16 Mar 11, 2012
Hey Pepperoni21 just an FYI........The fire department is also asking for an elevator to be put in the firehouse on Maple ave.
provolone 22

Dover, NJ

#17 Mar 11, 2012
Hey Pepperoni21 just an FYI........The fire department is also asking for an elevator to be put in the firehouse on Maple ave.
No way!!!!!!!!!! Did I just fall for a practical joke? I hope that this is not true.
Arnold S

Parlin, NJ

#18 Mar 12, 2012
Ok scumbag Pepperoni. You always peach about saying things that are not true. Well you have now overstepped your boundries. WTF do you know about what the fire department needs?? Right, NOTHING! Keep your ugly nose out of the fire departments business. They have been operating and protecting Netcong for well over a hundred years on shoestring budgets. As far as I'm concerned, you are just an insecure little child who was probably beat up a lot in school. I know there a lot of people who'd like to meet you in person around here but you just hide behind your little computer isulting whoever you want. You are the poster child of a COWARD!
Pepperoni21 wrote:
What a surprise that Fat Alcoholic Jack Sylvester wants the drunken fire department to have equipment they don't need, but no one else is allowed to spend any money. As far as a town organizer is concerned let fat pig Ralph earn his pay for a change and accomplish what you are asking.
Poor Richard

Livingston, NJ

#19 Mar 12, 2012
I love the the guys in both fire companies. Good guys, friends and neighbors. A couple of observations:

Respectfully, people in Netcong should listen and maybe even read more. The town is thinking about a chair lift to help the disabled at Company #1. That makes sense and is probably required by the building code. That is reasonable. What isn't reasonable was Elmer Still's idea to add a floor on the municipal building. It is an old idea from a couple of years back and I hope that it is dead since I haven't heard about it lately.

Arnold, thanks to you the FD gets a reputation of being a bully when it doesn't get it's way. Jack, Elmer and Eddie have your back on the council. The mayor won't ever tick off the NFD either. Chill out.
pepperonisucks

East Orange, NJ

#20 Mar 12, 2012
Arnold S wrote:
Ok scumbag Pepperoni. You always peach about saying things that are not true. Well you have now overstepped your boundries. WTF do you know about what the fire department needs?? Right, NOTHING! Keep your ugly nose out of the fire departments business. They have been operating and protecting Netcong for well over a hundred years on shoestring budgets. As far as I'm concerned, you are just an insecure little child who was probably beat up a lot in school. I know there a lot of people who'd like to meet you in person around here but you just hide behind your little computer isulting whoever you want. You are the poster child of a COWARD!
<quoted text>
I agree one hundred percent!!!
Yeah Right

Kenvil, NJ

#21 Mar 12, 2012
Arnold S wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Pepperoni stop peaching, the Drunks are getting upset !

Location hidden

#22 Mar 12, 2012
Arnold S wrote:
<quoted text>Ok scumbag Pepperoni. You always peach about saying things that are not true. Well you have now overstepped your boundries. WTF do you know about what the fire department needs?? Right, NOTHING! Keep your ugly nose out of the fire departments business. They have been operating and protecting Netcong for well over a hundred years on shoestring budgets. As far as I'm concerned, you are just an insecure little child who was probably beat up a lot in school. I know there a lot of people who'd like to meet you in person around here but you just hide behind your little computer isulting whoever you want. You are the poster child of a COWARD!
Your reply sounds like a very young adult who should look at the EMS budget when it comes to working on shoestrings! Buy the EMS radios council!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Netcong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Principal Sat Another concerned... 28
Where's waldo??? Fri stanhope resident 4
Arbor Day celebrated at Stanhope school Apr 24 Michelle O 1
Anybody know what is happening on ridge rd in S... Apr 20 Concerned 1
Looking for a rental 2 bedroom home for rent Apr 16 Fortunato contractor 2
Lenape Valley High School Apr 12 Resident 29
Netcong BOE election (Nov '13) Apr 10 concern 39
More from around the web

Netcong People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE