What is going on with the county Demo...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 Nov 12, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
Indy... I will definitely give Salerno the credit she deserves. She has won 4 big races under her watch. DH/JY, Comish, Obama/Romney, and DH/RR. Her organization is organized and capable.
I will not throw O jr under the bus. He has the bigger challenge. O jr must choose between his dad and dad's friends and the liberal wing of the party. The moderate dems are not coming out to volunteer for the Dem party.
Salerno won the JY/DH race which swung most of the momentum to the Reps. That race will go down as a turning point for both parties.
Dems have the better youth movement even though it very much lags. But it maybe the only advantage the Dems have at this point. PV Dems are lazy that is a huge problem and getting bigger. They are getting older and lazier. It is curious to see where things go from here. It will take a strong leader to bring this party together.
So things have changed or will change with O'Jr or are you telling me time will tell?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Please enlighten us more on who the Dems are looking to put up against Corbett. As I saw by the results there appears to be a movement among ALL voters against Corbett as Kane won the county.
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#22 Nov 12, 2012
Top candidates from PA Politics:

Former Rep. Joe Sestak (21%)
Senator Bob Casey (20%)
Treasurer Rob McCord (18%)
Montgomery County Commissioner Josh Shapiro (10%)
Rep. Allyson Schwartz (8%)
State Sen. Daylin Leach (8%)
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter (7%)
Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski (4%)
Allegheny County Executive Rick Fitzgerald (4%)

I also would not rule out Patrick Murphy, former Congressmen from SEPA!
Not in this county

Lehighton, PA

#23 Nov 12, 2012
Anita, you should stop informing these guys, just saying. They alreay know they have a problem with the Statewide jobs, it isn't rocket science. Forget Carbon County, it's moribund right now. But the worm turns...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#24 Nov 12, 2012
No wonder I couldn't find anybody!You all are in here.Interesting.I am especially astounded as the candid remarks by our good frind Anita.Very open and honest.I'm surprised that GUMID isn't in here screaming.Was hoping to see some better and stronger names from the D's for Gov.No way will I go with Casey.He's been a rotten Sen.[when was the last time he was in Carbon and did anything for Carbon],was a lying back stabber to Holden.Corbett won't get my vote next time.
Don't know how lazy the PV Dems are but I know one thing and that is they have lost their star power.Look at Lansford's results the past few elections.Emmett McCall sure lost his foothold there.The McCall,O,Crampsie factor doesn't factor anymore.Frank Jacobs concentrates on council matters up there in Nesqy and Judy Moon concentrates on herself.O,Jr. has been nothing more than a puppet for his old man and the once upon a time gang.He couldn't map out a campaign on his own if he tried.
I totally agree on the Dems for Change.They do work but they turn people off with their far far far to the left ideas,etc.Roy Christman was born and raised here.He knows better.Or should.He's not going to change the people.Don't know if he was counting on a different way of thinking as the older ones died off or what.But the conservative thinking is just passed on.With their enthusiasm they could get further if they just toned it down.
I also think it is time for the opposing groups to tone it down with the petty snipes and snips at each other.No need to try and rankle the other.I still hope for the day when we can break down the barriers and work for the common good as to what is good for all of us.Regardless of political persuasian.Ain't gonna happen but I can wish.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#25 Nov 12, 2012
Same old from you, nu. I'm dissappointed. You consistantly refuse to respond to my posts. It doesn't matter who is in charge of the Dem party here, this county is red through and through. It's demographics, not the parties. Get over trying to blame anyone. It's the conservative shift in this county combined with some petty political issues. Just watch, next election, your vaunted GOPPIES will go after a really decent elected official, Joanne Behrens, and will kiss the ass of that piece of scum, William McGinley, so, puleeeeeze, get over this hypocritical holier than thou baloney. I'm tired of hearing it. The ho's in the GOP party get into bed with McGinley, and you want to claim that they are the better choice, yeesh. Magnets attract, maggots attract???
Democrat

Lehighton, PA

#26 Nov 12, 2012
Don t worry dr Roy Christman will figure this out go see Tuesday night
people know

Stroudsburg, PA

#27 Nov 12, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
Indy... I will definitely give Salerno the credit she deserves. She has won 4 big races under her watch. DH/JY, Comish, Obama/Romney, and DH/RR. Her organization is organized and capable.

I will not throw O jr under the bus. He has the bigger challenge. O jr must choose between his dad and dad's friends and the liberal wing of the party. The moderate dems are not coming out to volunteer for the Dem party.

Salerno won the JY/DH race which swung most of the momentum to the Reps. That race will go down as a turning point for both parties.

Dems have the better youth movement even though it very much lags. But it maybe the only advantage the Dems have at this point. PV Dems are lazy that is a huge problem and getting bigger. They are getting older and lazier. It is curious to see where things go from here. It will take a strong leader to bring this party together.
Correct yourself. Four big races were won while she was chair. Credit it to the changing tide of the dem voters going more conservative than ever before. SALERNO didn't do that!!!!!!
Im Not The Walrus

Meadville, PA

#28 Nov 12, 2012
Why did the Carbon County voters vote for the Repugnants?
They're a bunch of uneducated ignorant racist goobers
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#29 Nov 12, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
Same old from you, nu. I'm dissappointed. You consistantly refuse to respond to my posts. It doesn't matter who is in charge of the Dem party here, this county is red through and through. It's demographics, not the parties. Get over trying to blame anyone. It's the conservative shift in this county combined with some petty political issues. Just watch, next election, your vaunted GOPPIES will go after a really decent elected official, Joanne Behrens, and will kiss the ass of that piece of scum, William McGinley, so, puleeeeeze, get over this hypocritical holier than thou baloney. I'm tired of hearing it. The ho's in the GOP party get into bed with McGinley, and you want to claim that they are the better choice, yeesh. Magnets attract, maggots attract???
Yo hold on there GUMID.If the Goppies go after Joanne Behrens they are crazy.While I think she is a dyed in the wool Dem,she is a decent person and runs a good clean office.You never hear anything bad about her or her staff.But rumors are a circulating that the niece of the county chairlady might run.Nobody knows her and would be a big mistake on the part of the GOPS.Other than McGinley stepping forward to openly support Serfass in his judgeship race,I know of no other GOP who bothers with him.Most run from him.Some give him credit for helping Serfass but I'm not so sure.He did nothing for Lavelle by openly endorsing him.Sorry,GUMID,I do think it matters as to whom is in charge of any party.The leader should be able to whip the party faithful into a frenzy and then they go out and get the masses fired up.That hasn't been happening because you guys have a tug o war going on for control.Sorry,I still think the fact the Dems controlled everything for so long they became complacent.Didn'
t have to do much in the way of campaigning.GOPS either had no candidates or what they did have was a joke.I still think the Dems felt the margain in voters would go their way.I don't know of a one GOP who received any mail from RR this past election.What does that say?And let me be clear about McGinley.I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate on the ballot.
Ralph

Lehighton, PA

#30 Nov 12, 2012
OMG I cannot believe the garbage being thrown out here by this gave up my id guy. So what if Joanne Behrens is a nice person. You Dems wouldn't put up a candidate against some nice Rep ? Oh wait. In your mind there is no such thing as a good Rep. You people want it all. Don't go after our present office holders. Don't say anything bad about them. don't disagree with us. Do what we say. Believe what we say. It's everyone elses fault why we fail. Elections after election. Take a good look in the mirror and understand why your party is in the shape it is in. Stop your whining. You want things to change then get off your duff and change it. Stop making excuses for why things are the way they are. You people brought this on all by yourself. You people were led down the garden path by a bunch of politicians who fed you some crumbs and you thought it was manna . Now that the crumbs are not there you cry foul. Everyone is your enemy and out to get the poor Dems. Ralph.
ditto that

East Stroudsburg, PA

#31 Nov 12, 2012
Im Not The Walrus wrote:
Why did the Carbon County voters vote for the Repugnants?
They're a bunch of uneducated ignorant racist goobers
This is an uneducated ignorant comment. Just because someone doesn't believe in what you do doesn't make them wrong or racist. Grow up and start looking for real reasons. Or better yet, sit and think like you do and let the GOP get more seats.
ditto that

East Stroudsburg, PA

#32 Nov 12, 2012
nuid wrote:
<quoted text>Yo hold on there GUMID.If the Goppies go after Joanne Behrens they are crazy.While I think she is a dyed in the wool Dem,she is a decent person and runs a good clean office.You never hear anything bad about her or her staff.But rumors are a circulating that the niece of the county chairlady might run.Nobody knows her and would be a big mistake on the part of the GOPS.Other than McGinley stepping forward to openly support Serfass in his judgeship race,I know of no other GOP who bothers with him.Most run from him.Some give him credit for helping Serfass but I'm not so sure.He did nothing for Lavelle by openly endorsing him.Sorry,GUMID,I do think it matters as to whom is in charge of any party.The leader should be able to whip the party faithful into a frenzy and then they go out and get the masses fired up.That hasn't been happening because you guys have a tug o war going on for control.Sorry,I still think the fact the Dems controlled everything for so long they became complacent.Didn'
t have to do much in the way of campaigning.GOPS either had no candidates or what they did have was a joke.I still think the Dems felt the margain in voters would go their way.I don't know of a one GOP who received any mail from RR this past election.What does that say?And let me be clear about McGinley.I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate on the ballot.
Good for Billy McGinley. He stood up to the forced hand of the PV old guard. That's another problem with Carbon DEMS. They think they have the right to sit back and anoint whomever they decide and all others should bow to Sir McCall etc. And when you don't do as they say you get attacked. People were not allow to put political signs in their yards for fear of losing their county job. I even know of someone being told their grandson won't get a summer job on the road crew if they don't publicly support the DEMS. Well guess what? People are sick and tired of their $hit.
TikerBell

Lehighton, PA

#33 Nov 12, 2012
Shhhh.Don't say nothing,but they lost again..
Buckwheater Fan

Lehighton, PA

#34 Nov 12, 2012
Buckwheat is still the only one with BALLS!! Ya never know what may happen next!!
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for Billy McGinley. He stood up to the forced hand of the PV old guard. That's another problem with Carbon DEMS. They think they have the right to sit back and anoint whomever they decide and all others should bow to Sir McCall etc. And when you don't do as they say you get attacked. People were not allow to put political signs in their yards for fear of losing their county job. I even know of someone being told their grandson won't get a summer job on the road crew if they don't publicly support the DEMS. Well guess what? People are sick and tired of their $hit.
Joe Micko

Lehighton, PA

#35 Nov 12, 2012
I was out hanging signs up..Hell,I worked all day for the Dems. I still didn't get paid yet!!
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an uneducated ignorant comment. Just because someone doesn't believe in what you do doesn't make them wrong or racist. Grow up and start looking for real reasons. Or better yet, sit and think like you do and let the GOP get more seats.
Carl Richter

Lehighton, PA

#36 Nov 12, 2012
Well,get off your fat ass,and do something. Until you do...CASE CLOSED!!!
Gave up myid wrote:
Same old from you, nu. I'm dissappointed. You consistantly refuse to respond to my posts. It doesn't matter who is in charge of the Dem party here, this county is red through and through. It's demographics, not the parties. Get over trying to blame anyone. It's the conservative shift in this county combined with some petty political issues. Just watch, next election, your vaunted GOPPIES will go after a really decent elected official, Joanne Behrens, and will kiss the ass of that piece of scum, William McGinley, so, puleeeeeze, get over this hypocritical holier than thou baloney. I'm tired of hearing it. The ho's in the GOP party get into bed with McGinley, and you want to claim that they are the better choice, yeesh. Magnets attract, maggots attract???
Im Not The Walrus

Meadville, PA

#37 Nov 13, 2012
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an uneducated ignorant comment. Just because someone doesn't believe in what you do doesn't make them wrong or racist. Grow up and start looking for real reasons. Or better yet, sit and think like you do and let the GOP get more seats.
I know the reasons because I hear the reasons from all the racist in the area.They voted democrat their whole life,collect social security and medicare then vote for a guy who wants to destroy both because then can't stand the fact that there's a black man in the White House.
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
On the positive side soon they'll all be dead.On the negative side I'm sure they passed their ignorant racism to their children.
Understanding

Ardsley, NY

#38 Nov 13, 2012
So the county just woke up and started voting conservatism? All those years before they voted because they were told too? No one is making sense here. How about the candidates keep getting worse and the Dem party is still being run the same old way with the old guard in charge. It is time to find another barrel people.
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#39 Nov 13, 2012
long gone wrote:
We ended up losing Congressman Holden because he wasn't liberal enough and backed a virtual unknown because he is way out there in his views.
Long gone... the virtual unknown WAS Tim Holden! Tim Holden was in Congress for 20 years and I haven't seen him on TV... um.. EVER. Cartwright was on the segment "Ask a Lawyer" on Ch 22. I have seen commercials for Munley, Munley, and Cartwright for the past 12 years. He was an empty suit. Holden was socially awkward. People in his new district did not know him and he was the longest serving public official in PA. When was the last time Tim Holden was on MSNBC? CNN? When you run for public office you have to campaign! Tim Holden didn't figure that out after 20 years.
Raven

Springfield, NJ

#40 Nov 13, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
<quoted text>Long gone... the virtual unknown WAS Tim Holden! Tim Holden was in Congress for 20 years and I haven't seen him on TV... um.. EVER. Cartwright was on the segment "Ask a Lawyer" on Ch 22. I have seen commercials for Munley, Munley, and Cartwright for the past 12 years. He was an empty suit. Holden was socially awkward. People in his new district did not know him and he was the longest serving public official in PA. When was the last time Tim Holden was on MSNBC? CNN? When you run for public office you have to campaign! Tim Holden didn't figure that out after 20 years.
Hey Anita u better get over to your meeting at 7 at the fireline hotel with all your friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.J. cop accused of drunken rampage in Pa. head... 34 min let go and let GOD 16
News Carbon group seeks to fight drug problem 16 hr Missing your tongue 12
News Tamaqua man admits to his part in... 20 hr hacker logic 2
News Farmer suffered severe arm injury 20 hr coalbilly musings 1
Tamaqua's new power couple Mon who is 27
what is happening with carbon county politics (Dec '10) Sun ctefm 7,999
News Carbon has not received Elks demolition... Sun Welcome to my world 3

Nesquehoning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesquehoning Mortgages