What is going on with the county Demo...

What is going on with the county Democrats

Posted in the Nesquehoning Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carbon County resident

Lehighton, PA

#1 Nov 10, 2012
I see Obama Casey lost carbon county how could a 2-1 majority of democrats voters and they lost what I heard is the group dems for change and the Nesquehoning democrat club are bunch of jokes can anybody tell me what s going on
JT Res

Lehighton, PA

#2 Nov 10, 2012
Democrats in Carbon are not National Democrats. Simply meaning they do not hold the same ideals as State or National party members. Carbon County residents believe in past Democratic viewpoints and not current. Example.....Carbon is a Catholic County and believes in the "right to life". Then National party lends more to "right of choice". There are other examples, but our County is full of God loving and God fearing people. Years ago the County Democratic party held these believes and voted as such.
long gone

Lehighton, PA

#3 Nov 10, 2012
The Carbon County Democrats are passe. The can't win much these days. Carbon Democrats went to hell when the extreme liberal Dems for Change came on board and the dumbos welcomed them and allowed them to control things. Carbon County is conservative and we certainly do not share the far out views of the Dems for Change. The Dem leaders fearing the Dems for Change could cause problems for them embraced them. And look where it got us ! We ended up losing Congressman Holden because he wasn't liberal enough and backed a virtual unknown because he is way out there in his views. We lost our seniority in the House of Representatives in Washington because of the likes of the Dems for Change. What Nesquehoning Democrat Club ? The likes of Frank Jacobs whose time came and went a long time ago ? Judy Moon who does nothing unless it benefits her ? The Roman Dynamic Duo who can't think for themselves until Bill O'Gurek tells them what to think ? Audrey Gogal and her son ? Want me to keep going ? It's an all star cast. What exactly have we won lately besides the national level ? A big fat zero. Stupid thinking, big egos, and losing track of what the voters want got us to where we are.
stale

Stroudsburg, PA

#4 Nov 10, 2012
I can think of several reasons:

1) old dogs; no new tricks.

2) can't run campaigns in the new age of campaigning.

3) no new blood (prohibited by the old).

4) assume success coming to them as opposed to going out and finding it.

5) dems for change (too liberal).

Is that enough for starters????
long gone

Lehighton, PA

#5 Nov 10, 2012
Well said. My thinking as well. They won't listen so things will stay status quo. They blame everyone and everything else but themselves. Their heads are shoved so far up their butts they will never get out.
JT Res

Lehighton, PA

#6 Nov 11, 2012
New blood came into the party and brought along progressive ideas, but their stances were met with resistance and subsequently the new members were gone as well. Democrats of the past are now Republicans.
Not in this county

Lehighton, PA

#7 Nov 11, 2012
Nothing wrong with the Dem Party. They can't win because the voters around here are conservatives through and through. Sick and tired of hearing that it is the party's fault, no such thing. They are registered Dem cuz that's what their family was, although that's changing too. They vote Republican because they agree with Republican values. They don't understand the issues, knee jerk voting is all that it is. If anything is wrong, it is the schools that fail to teach people to read and evaluate political issues, rather than rely on the prating rhetoric of the tv commercials.
Welcome2theOGure kShow

Stroudsburg, PA

#8 Nov 11, 2012
Nice speech on Carbon County's Veteran's Day Celebration by the Chief Obama Commissioner Bill O'Gurek I thought this was a day to honor the Veteran's. All I heard was him talk about Obama this and Obama that, I thought I was at a political rally for Obama. Listen the Democrats in this county want to push candidates for the Democrat party no matter what they stand for. It could be Satan or Lucifer on the ballot they will push for them against Jesus Christ because they are registered Ds. Family values matter no more for the Ds this is not J. F. Kennedy's party, it has been hijacked with the Old Guard in the county not caring to bring the party back to conservative values.

Happy Veteran's Day and Thank You to all the Women and Men who served and are still serving.

God Bless!!
Not in this county

Lehighton, PA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Speaking as a veteran, I am thankful we didn't have to pay homage to Romney, that warmonger made it clear he'd get us into war with Iraq. All those guys are about are oil profits. Ask anybody that's been over there, we can't do any good in that part of the world with a gun.
Viet Nam Vet

Lehighton, PA

#10 Nov 11, 2012
Welcome2theOGurekShow wrote:
Nice speech on Carbon County's Veteran's Day Celebration by the Chief Obama Commissioner Bill O'Gurek I thought this was a day to honor the Veteran's. All I heard was him talk about Obama this and Obama that, I thought I was at a political rally for Obama. Listen the Democrats in this county want to push candidates for the Democrat party no matter what they stand for. It could be Satan or Lucifer on the ballot they will push for them against Jesus Christ because they are registered Ds. Family values matter no more for the Ds this is not J. F. Kennedy's party, it has been hijacked with the Old Guard in the county not caring to bring the party back to conservative values.
Happy Veteran's Day and Thank You to all the Women and Men who served and are still serving.
God Bless!!
What would Bill O'Gurek know, understand, or appreciate about veterans ? All he wanted to do was shove it down our throats that his Democrat Pres. won. He's been an O'Bama boy through and through. He could care less about this county other than to collect a paycheck every 2 weeks. He was po'ed that Carbon went Republican so he had to get his licks in. He just reinforced why the voters ousted him. Arrogant and ignorant. He's part of the Democrat Old Guarde and part of the reason Democrats lose in this county. He's not only a loser but a waste. Much appreciate the thanks for those like myself who have served. Thanks to all of my fellow brother and sister veterans.
ditto that

East Stroudsburg, PA

#11 Nov 11, 2012
O'Gurek, McCall and the dem elite were on the Casey train when he lost to Rendel. They were on the Yaich train when he lost to Heffley, Wildoner lost to Serfass, etc. Etc. They continue to follow the party down a path they still consider the same as pre and during JFK. It is no longer that party. In fact, it is certainly no longer Catholic really. Billy O turns his back on his own religion....
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#12 Nov 12, 2012
The problem: the part is too de-centralized. Wait and see when the county row offices come up for election. You will have all those PV guys, who didn't lift a finger during this election cycle, come out blazing! The PV group only works when it benefits them.

Dems for Change is the only growing group in the county. DFC also is the only group which has attracted a younger following. The ten or so young people who came into the party have been through DFC.

Two solutions: 1. DFC become more moderate, not conservative. 2. Have the entire PV gang resign from their positions on the E-board.

DFC maybe a little too liberal but at least they work!
people know

Springfield, NJ

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
The problem: the part is too de-centralized. Wait and see when the county row offices come up for election. You will have all those PV guys, who didn't lift a finger during this election cycle, come out blazing! The PV group only works when it benefits them.

Dems for Change is the only growing group in the county. DFC also is the only group which has attracted a younger following. The ten or so young people who came into the party have been through DFC.

Two solutions: 1. DFC become more moderate, not conservative. 2. Have the entire PV gang resign from their positions on the E-board.

DFC maybe a little too liberal but at least they work!
The dems for change are a hard working group of individuals, young and old alike. The problem, however, is the fact that they are too liberal and the growing number of truly liberal democrats in carbon county is dwindling. I agree that they need to become more moderate and "closer to the political middle" to succeed in carbon county. Case in point: Matt Cartwright. He is much more liberal than Holden was and this group supported him despite him losing carbon county in both the primary and the general. Do their political views work beyond carbon county in terms of support? Yes. But don't look for them to have a winner in local elections unless they moderate. Additionally, the current dem regime is too old school to want to change not so much politically but to accept others into their clique to make it more successful as a whole gor the party. Granted, if the "old school dems" and the "dems for change" pit candidates against each other in the primary it might be real interesting. What would be more interesting is if the GOP could get a half decent candidate to then run in the general. THAT could be exciting.
ditto that

East Stroudsburg, PA

#14 Nov 12, 2012
people know wrote:
<quoted text>
The dems for change are a hard working group of individuals, young and old alike. The problem, however, is the fact that they are too liberal and the growing number of truly liberal democrats in carbon county is dwindling. I agree that they need to become more moderate and "closer to the political middle" to succeed in carbon county. Case in point: Matt Cartwright. He is much more liberal than Holden was and this group supported him despite him losing carbon county in both the primary and the general. Do their political views work beyond carbon county in terms of support? Yes. But don't look for them to have a winner in local elections unless they moderate. Additionally, the current dem regime is too old school to want to change not so much politically but to accept others into their clique to make it more successful as a whole gor the party. Granted, if the "old school dems" and the "dems for change" pit candidates against each other in the primary it might be real interesting. What would be more interesting is if the GOP could get a half decent candidate to then run in the general. THAT could be exciting.
Always taking the high road with a final slap at the repubs. The leaders of the dem party in Carbon have lost control to the dems for change. I actually think the dems in carbon need to do the opposite of going liberal. Obama voted for partial birth abortions and even botched aborted babies are to be put in a room to die alone. The democrats in Carbon are more republican on national views. And mayne after 30 years of following Keith bringing no jobs to the area they thought theyd vote with their conscience this time. The national dem party brimg nothing Carbon needs to Carbon while at the same time takes away core beliefs.
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#15 Nov 12, 2012
Repubs have Dems beat in three ways:

1. They have more money. This is pretty much undisputed. Cartwright was the only Dem with money.

2. Organization. I don't care if Obama had the so called "OFA" group working in Carbon. It was a mess. The person from OFA was an unorganized weirdo! OFA in Carbon County cost Obama votes. The Repubs were running like a finely tuned machine come election day.

3. People. Despite claims that the Dems have more people, the Republicans really do. Republicans had at least one poll watcher per polling place and two Heffley people outside handing out cards. Rabenold had 0.

PV gang wouldn't help this election! Half the party sat at home leaving the other half out to dry.
ObiWanKenobi

Ardsley, NY

#16 Nov 12, 2012
These are not the Dems you are looking for.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 12, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
Repubs have Dems beat in three ways:
1. They have more money. This is pretty much undisputed. Cartwright was the only Dem with money.
2. Organization. I don't care if Obama had the so called "OFA" group working in Carbon. It was a mess. The person from OFA was an unorganized weirdo! OFA in Carbon County cost Obama votes. The Repubs were running like a finely tuned machine come election day.
3. People. Despite claims that the Dems have more people, the Republicans really do. Republicans had at least one poll watcher per polling place and two Heffley people outside handing out cards. Rabenold had 0.
PV gang wouldn't help this election! Half the party sat at home leaving the other half out to dry.
So what you are saying since the new Lady Chair has taken over the Carbon GOP, she has turned things around, correct?

Since she has been in office it appears she has been leading the charge to win in the county, correct?

That appears to be the biggest change I have seen between both parties. What you have in the Dems is Bill O'Gurek's son running the party, so how much has really changed? If you say if he doesn't listen to the old guard and his father things still got worse under him no matter how you state it.
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#18 Nov 12, 2012
While I am at it....

The Governor's race will further split the Democratic party in Carbon County. Alliances have already formed by the clique and other half is not excited about that candidate. Another power struggle coming down the pike!!!

My prediction: Neither side will win. PV group doesn't have the work ethic and DFC doesn't have the inside connection. Only the Democratic Party will suffer.
people know

Springfield, NJ

#19 Nov 12, 2012
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>Always taking the high road with a final slap at the repubs. The leaders of the dem party in Carbon have lost control to the dems for change. I actually think the dems in carbon need to do the opposite of going liberal. Obama voted for partial birth abortions and even botched aborted babies are to be put in a room to die alone. The democrats in Carbon are more republican on national views. And mayne after 30 years of following Keith bringing no jobs to the area they thought theyd vote with their conscience this time. The national dem party brimg nothing Carbon needs to Carbon while at the same time takes away core beliefs.
Why are you assuming that I am "slapping" the republicans in the face?? Was it the "decent candidate" comment? That is actually a correct observation. Many elections COULD be won by the GOP in carbon if they put up a decent candidate. Problem is they don't have any. Got any in mind??
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#20 Nov 12, 2012
Indy... I will definitely give Salerno the credit she deserves. She has won 4 big races under her watch. DH/JY, Comish, Obama/Romney, and DH/RR. Her organization is organized and capable.

I will not throw O jr under the bus. He has the bigger challenge. O jr must choose between his dad and dad's friends and the liberal wing of the party. The moderate dems are not coming out to volunteer for the Dem party.

Salerno won the JY/DH race which swung most of the momentum to the Reps. That race will go down as a turning point for both parties.

Dems have the better youth movement even though it very much lags. But it maybe the only advantage the Dems have at this point. PV Dems are lazy that is a huge problem and getting bigger. They are getting older and lazier. It is curious to see where things go from here. It will take a strong leader to bring this party together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
curfew for jesse farber posters 1 hr Seth The Meth Mus... 7
News Police resume search for Jesse Farber 3 hr assfister 103
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Wed Concerned 1,992
News Care Net opens Nesquehoning office Wed mtv welfare teens 1
Roomies in Tamaqua! Tue Seth The Meth Mus... 11
Russell Nelson stabbed Tue Seth The Meth Mus... 17
Sharp Mountain Cannibals (Sep '15) Tue Redco Bleed Over 30

Nesquehoning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesquehoning Mortgages