what is happening with carbon county ...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5463 Mar 15, 2013
Okay,let's set up a scenerio.You seem to be the type that will vote strictly party.Let's say he runs against Heffley and is the sole Dem in the primary thus squaring off with Heffley in the general.Who will get your vote?Now,you've been asked several times and I'm now going to ask the same question_______how did Bobish help Heffley?On what do you base your decision that he doesn't know what matters to the rest of the county?C'mon,you've made these statements,now back them up.It's ideas like yours that serve as a real deterrent to the young people in this county and why they don't want to run.We're running out of candidates,Tweet.What's going to happen when the "same old same old" retire?Who will run for their offices?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5464 Mar 15, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
On paper he should be groomed. If you talk to him you realize that he isn't a legit prospect(both politically and financially) pretty quickly. Helping Heffley certainly sealed his fate on the Dem side. Believe it or not, that wasn't being hard on him.
I have to laugh at this one. John Wyscoric (whatever) pushed organic farming for Carbon Counties answer to the labor problems. The only reason he had more votes than Bobish is because he had the dems for change backing him. Nobody wants someone from up on the hill when they have a hometown boy. No matter how stupid he is.
Beep Beep

Brooklyn, NY

#5465 Mar 16, 2013
I don't think Tweet likes anyone unless they are from Summit Hill, LOL!!
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5466 Mar 16, 2013
Beep Beep wrote:
I don't think Tweet likes anyone unless they are from Summit Hill, LOL!!
Not true. There are lots of good people around the county. Bobish is even a nice enough guy, but he's not cut out for higher office. Word was that he walked Heffley around up there.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that Bobish was at eboard?

To answer the other question, I would vote for almost anyone over Heffley. Heffley votes against almost everything that matters to me, so I'm justified there. However, issue wise Heffley and Bobish are more similar than they are different.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5467 Mar 16, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. There are lots of good people around the county. Bobish is even a nice enough guy, but he's not cut out for higher office. Word was that he walked Heffley around up there.
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that Bobish was at eboard?
To answer the other question, I would vote for almost anyone over Heffley. Heffley votes against almost everything that matters to me, so I'm justified there. However, issue wise Heffley and Bobish are more similar than they are different.
Gotta ask.What makes you the judge that Bobish isn't cut out for higher office?I did some checking.The guy has been on council up there in Beaver Meadows so would have some understanding and knowledge of government.What background did Keith have when he took over for his dad?Bobish has way more.And we all know about Heffley.Unfortunately that hasn't changed.Okay,let's take a look at your theory he was walking around with Heffley.Bobish is an elected official and there is a function going on in his community.Heffley shows up and goes to Bobish knowing he is an elected official.What's the elected official to do?Snub the guy?C'mon,unless you tell me Bobish was going door to door with Heffley,etc.Bobish is guilty of nothing more than being social with the state rep and I use that term loosely.

Location hidden

#5468 Mar 16, 2013
nuid wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta ask.What makes you the judge that Bobish isn't cut out for higher office?I did some checking.The guy has been on council up there in Beaver Meadows so would have some understanding and knowledge of government.What background did Keith have when he took over for his dad?Bobish has way more.And we all know about Heffley.Unfortunately that hasn't changed.Okay,let's take a look at your theory he was walking around with Heffley.Bobish is an elected official and there is a function going on in his community.Heffley shows up and goes to Bobish knowing he is an elected official.What's the elected official to do?Snub the guy?C'mon,unless you tell me Bobish was going door to door with Heffley,etc.Bobish is guilty of nothing more than being social with the state rep and I use that term loosely.
As a die hard dem I know that if Bobish was going door to door with Heffley he would be cast out of the E-board. That is in the by-laws. so where was the support tweet? Ya know nu, their going to be saying were the same person if we keep agreeing like this.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5469 Mar 16, 2013
Law, you know as well as I do that none of the active Dems that would banish Bobish actually go up into that area. Hard to get concrete proof but again I ask you when the last time Bobish was at eboard was?

Nuid: Talk to Bobish. I'm just putting my opinion out there on his political ability. I'm pretty sure that anyone that asks him any basic policy question would come to the same conclusion.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5470 Mar 16, 2013
Don't sweat it Law.We've been accused of worse!You know how the small minds in this county work.God forbid you are seen talking to someone from the other side of the political aisle.Automatically pronounced guilty of something.I really don't think they will accuse us though.My spelling,etc. is way much better than yours!LOL

Location hidden

#5471 Mar 16, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
Law, you know as well as I do that none of the active Dems that would banish Bobish actually go up into that area. Hard to get concrete proof but again I ask you when the last time Bobish was at eboard was?
Nuid: Talk to Bobish. I'm just putting my opinion out there on his political ability. I'm pretty sure that anyone that asks him any basic policy question would come to the same conclusion.
I can't honestly tell you the last time he was at an e-board meeting. However you say no active dems go up into that area, but you also said that Beaver Meadows doesn't communicate with the rest of the county (or something to that effect) so then by your logic, no matter how often he comes down isn't he trying to bridge the gap?

Location hidden

#5472 Mar 16, 2013
nuid wrote:
Don't sweat it Law.We've been accused of worse!You know how the small minds in this county work.God forbid you are seen talking to someone from the other side of the political aisle.Automatically pronounced guilty of something.I really don't think they will accuse us though.My spelling,etc. is way much better than yours!LOL
My spelling has got much better since my typing has slowed down. My hands work faster than my brain LOL!
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

#5473 Mar 16, 2013
Have to jump in here. These birds on here kill me. So quick to rush to judgement without any real proof as finally admitted by the chief bird in here. Funny how you said none of the active Dems go up over the mountain but yet this Bobish guy was accused, tried, and found guilty of something nobody knows for sure he even did. Now that is a good one. Sweet. What I am getting is this Bobish guy doesn't kiss the backsides of the powers to be and maybe does his own thinking and makes his own decisions on things. That's a no no. Funny how the big boys do go up over that mountain at election time to get the votes. Hypocrites.
Gave up my id

Brooklyn, NY

#5474 Mar 17, 2013
A) bobish is a pleasant fellow b) give it up, Nu and company, bobish definitely worked for heffley. He made calls, talked him up, etc. I saw him wearing a heffley sticker, and he didn't make any bones about it. Bobish was upset that he didn't get any support for his state rep run, hasn't been seen at eboard since, and doesn't show up at dem events. C) lots of turncoats on eboard, they don't automatically throw you off, only one that got the heave ho is Mcginley.

Location hidden

#5475 Mar 17, 2013
Gave up my id wrote:
A) bobish is a pleasant fellow b) give it up, Nu and company, bobish definitely worked for heffley. He made calls, talked him up, etc. I saw him wearing a heffley sticker, and he didn't make any bones about it. Bobish was upset that he didn't get any support for his state rep run, hasn't been seen at eboard since, and doesn't show up at dem events. C) lots of turncoats on eboard, they don't automatically throw you off, only one that got the heave ho is Mcginley.
Well gave I know most of your information is wrong. He has been at e-board meetings since his run. He also supported Matika but more importantly he supported Yaich. So if he was so upset with the lack of support, why would he push for the man who not only beat him but was the "annointed one"? There are two who did blow off the party after that race because of the lack of support, Nalesnik and wyscorick. One thing I can not say but I seriously doubt is he was wearing a Heffley sticker and making phone calls.
Bitter

Brooklyn, NY

#5476 Mar 17, 2013
Bobish wanted the commissioner appointment when O'Gurek was appointed. He hasn't been back since.

Location hidden

#5477 Mar 17, 2013
Bitter wrote:
Bobish wanted the commissioner appointment when O'Gurek was appointed. He hasn't been back since.
I did not know that, but that makes much more sense.
Anita Beer

Lehighton, PA

#5478 Mar 17, 2013
Bobish was angry over getting snubbed and not appointed commissioner. That is why he walked Heffley around Weatherly or Beaver Meadows. I can't remember which one. Yes, he was very bitter. My sources tell me he has not attended an E-board meeting since he wasn't appointed Commish.

I have to question what Bobish was thinking. He expected to be appointed to the second highest position in the county under State Representative. I mean, what has he done for the party. How active was he when he was happy? It seems like he is full of himself. Does the Dem party really need that? REally?

As far as Nalesnick is concerned, he is too lazy. He was too lazy to win the office and is too lazy to become a force within the party. No work ethic, no passion, no fight and no enthusiasm. Why cry over him!

Wysorick is MIA since 2010. I thought he was a D4C but I haven't seen he name attached to anything. He may be another one who was in it for a paying position (state rep) and when that fell through he walked away from the party.

These guys need to understand it takes more than once race to be relevant. I think Heffly lost twice to KM before he won one.

Location hidden

#5479 Mar 17, 2013
Anita Beer wrote:
Bobish was angry over getting snubbed and not appointed commissioner. That is why he walked Heffley around Weatherly or Beaver Meadows. I can't remember which one. Yes, he was very bitter. My sources tell me he has not attended an E-board meeting since he wasn't appointed Commish.
I have to question what Bobish was thinking. He expected to be appointed to the second highest position in the county under State Representative. I mean, what has he done for the party. How active was he when he was happy? It seems like he is full of himself. Does the Dem party really need that? REally?
As far as Nalesnick is concerned, he is too lazy. He was too lazy to win the office and is too lazy to become a force within the party. No work ethic, no passion, no fight and no enthusiasm. Why cry over him!
Wysorick is MIA since 2010. I thought he was a D4C but I haven't seen he name attached to anything. He may be another one who was in it for a paying position (state rep) and when that fell through he walked away from the party.
These guys need to understand it takes more than once race to be relevant. I think Heffly lost twice to KM before he won one.
Did you just really post this? I think it was covered what he did when he was happy. He is full of himself? do you really want to make that statement knowing the rest of the Dem. party? Yes why would he expect the e-board to appoint him, Billy O had it sewen up from the moment he LOST the election. Another person labeled bitter posted about him, hes' not the only Dem in this county who is bitter about that farce that WE the voters were subjected too. Whether he is or was a viable candidate, he never had a chance. This blog is labeled perfectly "Carbon County Politics" Where does anyone get off thinking they can interfere with the good old boys. Your the type of person that makes me wish Bobish would win, he's no puppet or ass kisser for the same old crap we have to deal with every election.
Beep Beep

Brooklyn, NY

#5480 Mar 17, 2013
Anita Beer wrote:

Heffley only ran once against KM then KM retired.
then run

Brooklyn, NY

#5481 Mar 17, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>Did you just really post this? I think it was covered what he did when he was happy. He is full of himself? do you really want to make that statement knowing the rest of the Dem. party? Yes why would he expect the e-board to appoint him, Billy O had it sewen up from the moment he LOST the election. Another person labeled bitter posted about him, hes' not the only Dem in this county who is bitter about that farce that WE the voters were subjected too. Whether he is or was a viable candidate, he never had a chance. This blog is labeled perfectly "Carbon County Politics" Where does anyone get off thinking they can interfere with the good old boys. Your the type of person that makes me wish Bobish would win, he's no puppet or ass kisser for the same old crap we have to deal with every election.
If you know this Bobish guy so well then convince him to run against O'G next time. We will see if the good ole boys are invincible or not or whether Bobish is or is not anymore than a hillbilly from the meadow.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5482 Mar 17, 2013
What is with this hillbilly,etc.stuff when talking about Beaver Meadows?Like the rest of this county is so damn high brow.Take a good ride around our county and see what the once thriving communities have become.I doubt that Billy O will be running next time around.I would literally be shocked.I have heard tons of complaints about Judy Moon over the years as to not being a player and really do for the party or the other candidates.I haven't heard of any banishment there.Seems to me this is politics as usual,in Carbon County.Keep out the younger ones.It is no secret that neither party wants to divert from the "old ways" of thinking.It worked before and it will work again because we have the voter registration to prove it.That's been the thinking on the Dem side and losing all that they have lost,they still are locked in with that thinking. I did some checking and my fellow Dem friends[we are very careful to keep the friendship a secret so those like Tweet won't have a fit]and they have said some nice things about this Bobish guy.But hey,they're not part of the old guard.They are only voters.Hey,wait a minute,it's the voters who elect.Not the old guard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-PTO treasurer charged with theft (May '07) 23 hr 4th grade english 78
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Wed to old for taxes 1,295
Tamaqua needs an enema Wed Burkhardt Moser 9
Pennsylvania Primary Election 2016 Wed Diocese of Sodom 6
Hometown Auction (Mar '15) Wed Diocese of Sodom 21
The Bernie Hannon file Wed Diocese of Sodom 13
News Nesquehoning church fights to stay open (Jun '08) Apr 26 Not wasteful spen... 4,226
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesquehoning Mortgages