what is happening with carbon county ...
not so fast

Chalfont, PA

#5424 Mar 7, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>They might be first generation, but their being honed in by the older clan. The reason that SH has spawned so many politicans is because of Keith. He could do no wrong in the dems eyes, so if you got his blessing you got his votes also. Lets call a spade a spade already. I'm also not saying that some of the people I voted for were not good people from SH. but still.....
Not so fast. I'll guarantee you there was the most recent candidate out of Summit Hill he didn't come out and support. Do you recall who was called out of "retirement" to swear McCall in as speaker? Turns out that candidate more than held his own in mccalls backyard (of course it was his backyard too).

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5425 Mar 7, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that the older clan has any impact on the borough council? They don't even work state rep races anymore. Why would they bother with council?
That being said, if they're all actually related, then I see your point. Is that the case?
Ok well lets take for example Jesse Walk. Very nice guy, intellegent. He backed wyscorick (or however its spelled) for state rep. Was pissed at the powers that be cause they dint back his candidate. Then when Matika ran he emerged as a new man, looking for a council spot, seeking support of the same people he was pissed at. He got their attention and ran for council, now where will he think his loyalties lie? Will he stick with the elders or will he go on his own? That remains to be seen.

Location hidden

#5426 Mar 7, 2013
Sorry I dont know how I managed to post 3 times.
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5427 Mar 7, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok well lets take for example Jesse Walk. Very nice guy, intellegent. He backed wyscorick (or however its spelled) for state rep. Was pissed at the powers that be cause they dint back his candidate. Then when Matika ran he emerged as a new man, looking for a council spot, seeking support of the same people he was pissed at. He got their attention and ran for council, now where will he think his loyalties lie? Will he stick with the elders or will he go on his own? That remains to be seen.
I see your point. Didn't he work the general election for Yaich though? More importantly does any of it matter? Younger ones rarely have the funds needed to run for anything at a larger level and if they do have the money they don't have the ambition.

Location hidden

#5428 Mar 7, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point. Didn't he work the general election for Yaich though? More importantly does any of it matter? Younger ones rarely have the funds needed to run for anything at a larger level and if they do have the money they don't have the ambition.
Yes it matters. As one of the younger up and comming Dems, did he already sell his soul to the old guard?
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5429 Mar 7, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it matters. As one of the younger up and comming Dems, did he already sell his soul to the old guard?
That's not what I meant. I meant that if the desire and cash aren't there then none of the other stuff even comes into play.

Location hidden

#5430 Mar 7, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I meant. I meant that if the desire and cash aren't there then none of the other stuff even comes into play.
Im really glad you said that. There are alot of viable candidates out there but with no funds or means to gather them so were stuck with imbiciles who have money but no balls or brains.
Anita Beer

Lehighton, PA

#5431 Mar 7, 2013
SH had a great run largely because of Keith. Outside of Jr and possibly Walk, no one else is viable. Jr will need 5 years before he can run county wide. Walk may have a young family and that would disqualify him. The center of power in the Dem party may move to Palmerton or Leighton. Palmerton has good organization and Lehighton has the office. The young talent is scattered throughout the county which should prevent a single town like SH from becoming a power house

Location hidden

#5432 Mar 7, 2013
Anita Beer wrote:
SH had a great run largely because of Keith. Outside of Jr and possibly Walk, no one else is viable. Jr will need 5 years before he can run county wide. Walk may have a young family and that would disqualify him. The center of power in the Dem party may move to Palmerton or Leighton. Palmerton has good organization and Lehighton has the office. The young talent is scattered throughout the county which should prevent a single town like SH from becoming a power house
Bravo! Anita I agree whole heartedly
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5433 Mar 7, 2013
Not all that familiar with the political players in Summit Hill.But glad to hear there is at least somewhere where young and new blood is emerging.I have to agree with the others about why Summit Hill became a so called power house.The Dems handed over the power and the shots being called to Keith.If you were one of his dedicated and faithful followers,you got the blessing and backing to run.Don't know if this is true or not but heard today that the Papay lady is thinking of do a write-in on the Rep side for the primary to have a run off with Moon in the general.Wonder if she is aware that Moon does this or has at least done it in the past.

I would like to offer a side note about there not being the backing or money for younger ones to run.I totally disagree.There is a growing number,on both sides of the aisle,who are not party connected but interested in helping bring about new blood.I would hope these people would put the word out that they are interested.They just might be surprised as to the lengths these growing numbers are willing to go to help bring about change and break the good ole boys clubs.It has been proven multiple times that the blessing has run its course.Voters are tired of it.
bored

Lehighton, PA

#5434 Mar 7, 2013
nuid wrote:
Not all that familiar with the political players in Summit Hill.But glad to hear there is at least somewhere where young and new blood is emerging.I have to agree with the others about why Summit Hill became a so called power house.The Dems handed over the power and the shots being called to Keith.If you were one of his dedicated and faithful followers,you got the blessing and backing to run.Don't know if this is true or not but heard today that the Papay lady is thinking of do a write-in on the Rep side for the primary to have a run off with Moon in the general.Wonder if she is aware that Moon does this or has at least done it in the past.
I would like to offer a side note about there not being the backing or money for younger ones to run.I totally disagree.There is a growing number,on both sides of the aisle,who are not party connected but interested in helping bring about new blood.I would hope these people would put the word out that they are interested.They just might be surprised as to the lengths these growing numbers are willing to go to help bring about change and break the good ole boys clubs.It has been proven multiple times that the blessing has run its course.Voters are tired of it.
XENOPHOBIC
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

#5435 Mar 7, 2013
bored wrote:
<quoted text>
XENOPHOBIC
Oh look. Somebody got a dictionary for their birthday ! The word doesn't exactly fit but I applaud the fact you are at least browsing through the book. Nice to know that you can at least read. Now, if only somebody could buy you a book that would create INTELLIGENT conversation from your obnoxious mouth.

Location hidden

#5436 Mar 7, 2013
nuid wrote:
Moon is the most beatable of the dems she is arrogant and nothing more than a pawn for the old guard.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5437 Mar 7, 2013
Oh I couldn't agree more.I was just stating that she has,in the past,circulated petitions to have her name on the Rep ballot.However,I do know that privately,alot of the old guard do not like Moon.They say she is only for herself and not a team player.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5438 Mar 8, 2013
Anita Beer wrote:
Outside of Jr and possibly Walk, no one else is viable. Jr will need 5 years before he can run county wide. Walk may have a young family and that would disqualify him.
Why would a young family matter? Even Yudichak has a young family. If you mean lack of cash because of kids that could hurt but if the money is there I can't see that being a limiting factor for anyone.
New hate

Lehighton, PA

#5439 Mar 8, 2013
nuid wrote:
Oh I couldn't agree more.I was just stating that she has,in the past,circulated petitions to have her name on the Rep ballot.However,I do know that privately,alot of the old guard do not like Moon.They say she is only for herself and not a team player.
The Palmerton Dems group hates Moon with a passion. It's not just the old guard that doesn't like her. She doesn't lift a finger for anyone else when they're up for election.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5440 Mar 8, 2013
Hey Nu, the lady you believed was a D running against Moon is a registered R, I checked on it. Her husband is registered NP.
Truthistrangerth anfiction

Chalfont, PA

#5441 Mar 8, 2013
Heffley is here to stay and he is taking over wait until he runs for Senator and wins!!!
Anita Beer

Lehighton, PA

#5442 Mar 8, 2013
Young families matter because they soak up a lot of time. From what I hear, the biggest complaint Heffley has about being State Rep is that it is so time consuming. He is in Harrisburg 3.5 days a week, at his home office for 2 days a week and has to attend breakfasts and all kind of events.

Politics take time and not everyone has that.
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5443 Mar 8, 2013
That's a valid point. Going to the courthouse isn't going to Harrisburg though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conspiracy: DAVWEST burned down Kochs........ 23 hr Roger that 11
Widest gape I ever had my eh nuss... (Aug '16) Sun Justin Startzel 46
Kevin Spacey Supporters 🌈 Sun Justin Startzel 6
Justin startzel (Jun '13) Sun Justin Startzel 21
Jesse Farber eaten by deer? (May '17) Fri Rudolph 17
Dec 7 female millennial 4
Cassidy Derr Threads Disappeared 😨 Dec 7 David Cassidy 9

Nesquehoning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance