what is happening with carbon county ...
Mark S

Lehighton, PA

#5404 Mar 5, 2013
Phil Ginter wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid remark ""I personally don't know Summit Hill. I guess Summit Hill will run against knowels get a life you been talking stupid since the first time I meet you
Kel stop it. These people are trying to have conversations and all you are doing is showing a side to you that is not good. Stop the name calling. Nobody said anything to make you write what you just did. Not everyone is going to agree with you. If you don't like what is being written then don't read this. Stay off it. You are making yourself look bad. Not good.
inbred

Chalfont, PA

#5405 Mar 6, 2013
Phil Ginter wrote:
<quoted text>stupid remark ""I personally don't know Summit Hill. I guess Summit Hill will run against knowels get a life you been talking stupid since the first time I meet you
Did you just get finished doing your grandmother? You're the one talking stupid. Could tell your inbred!!!!!
cow tiper

Lehighton, PA

#5406 Mar 6, 2013
You all need to adjust your tin-foil hats.
fyi

Lehighton, PA

#5407 Mar 6, 2013
nuid wrote:
<quoted text>I've been talking stupid ? Dear Lord take a good hard look at your post.No punctuation,no capitalization,and you used the word "meet" instead of met.Besides,you have never met me and the odds are you never will.And if you're going to post using a real name,learn how to properly spell it.The man's was Phil GinDer.No t dearie.You are indeed scary.
The Early Days of Summit Hill. Summit Hill was a town born from the discovery of coal. In 1791 a hunter, Philip Ginter, discovered coal on Sharpe Mountain.

Summit Hill - Page 7 - Google Books
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5408 Mar 6, 2013
Wow, I mention running against Knowles and the crazies come out pretty quickly.
googleit

Lehighton, PA

#5409 Mar 6, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Early Days of Summit Hill. Summit Hill was a town born from the discovery of coal. In 1791 a hunter, Philip Ginter, discovered coal on Sharpe Mountain.
Summit Hill - Page 7 - Google Books
Google the name Philip Ginder and you will see. The spelling must have gotten lost in the translation. I happen to have spoken to direct descendants of the man who by the way live here in the county. It is Ginder.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5410 Mar 6, 2013
Wrong all of you it was me Necho Allen and I'm running against Heffley ,Hefety, Heffinder,and Heffter who cares they all suck

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5411 Mar 7, 2013
Hill Demos wrote:
<quoted text>
And did you notice that the new "regime" up here on the hill is primarily YOUNG democrats?? Getting something done!!!! Take notice that there is new blood in the party. Sucks though that the naysayers will shoot them down because they are from The Hill. Yes, the same town that produced the likes of McCall, Crampsie, O'Gurek, Matika and many other political success stories. Keep complaining since this town seems to be able to produce successful candidates more so than many others.
There is younger blood runnibg the party now, but their offspring from the older regime. No change or new ideas just a way to keep family member working.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5412 Mar 7, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
There is younger blood runnibg the party now, but their offspring from the older regime. No change or new ideas just a way to keep family member working.
Exactly! It's time to try some other surnames - the current group has had their shot and retirement package.
Hill Demos

Chalfont, PA

#5413 Mar 7, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>There is younger blood runnibg the party now, but their offspring from the older regime. No change or new ideas just a way to keep family member working.
The only "offspring" from the old regime is young O'G. The other younger members have no previous generational political relationships whatsoever. In other words, they are first generation politicians.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5414 Mar 7, 2013
Hill Demos wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "offspring" from the old regime is young O'G. The other younger members have no previous generational political relationships whatsoever. In other words, they are first generation politicians.
... you forgot to add ... and firmly fastened to the hip of the old regime by philosophy, free beer, and extension. The word is spreading: "Summit Hill -'er, no thanks."
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5415 Mar 7, 2013
Uh Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
... you forgot to add ... and firmly fastened to the hip of the old regime by philosophy, free beer, and extension. The word is spreading: "Summit Hill -'er, no thanks."
Which of them are like that other than O Jr? My understanding is that the rest of them are their own people.
MSNBC Reports

Allentown, PA

#5416 Mar 7, 2013
Your right! O Jr is the only tied to the old regime. There is a solid crop of younger people on the Democratic side. There are a handful which are very bright, high IQ, sharp wit and independent thinkers.
Hill Demos

Chalfont, PA

#5417 Mar 7, 2013
MSNBC Reports wrote:
Your right! O Jr is the only tied to the old regime. There is a solid crop of younger people on the Democratic side. There are a handful which are very bright, high IQ, sharp wit and independent thinkers.
Those who have come out of Summit Hill must have something that others don't because ALL of Carbon County has elected a number of them and some multiple times. That counts for something. Hopefully the younger ones can maintain that success in the event they decide to run countywide AND they are qualified.
One Term Tom

Chalfont, PA

#5418 Mar 7, 2013
I saw that they appointed a teach up there in Summit Hill last month. He's obviously not going to be viable along with O Jr. That leaves 5 people on council, right?
not so fast

Chalfont, PA

#5419 Mar 7, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>Which of them are like that other than O Jr? My understanding is that the rest of them are their own people.
Not so fast bird man. The recent appointee is related to the O'G clan. He is married to Sr's niece. Birds of a feather.......... Lol
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5420 Mar 7, 2013
That's why I was asking. I don't claim to be an expert on PV politics and I didn't know that.

Are any of the other young ones related to the O'Gurek family or is that it?
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5421 Mar 7, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
That's why I was asking. I don't claim to be an expert on PV politics and I didn't know that.
Are any of the other young ones related to the O'Gurek family or is that it?
Well, Tweetie, anybody in Summit Hill who even thinks they are somebody has an extension into the "Clan" - names are non-differential; they are all cells in the same body and the extensions are all connected.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5422 Mar 7, 2013
Hill Demos wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "offspring" from the old regime is young O'G. The other younger members have no previous generational political relationships whatsoever. In other words, they are first generation politicians.
They might be first generation, but their being honed in by the older clan. The reason that SH has spawned so many politicans is because of Keith. He could do no wrong in the dems eyes, so if you got his blessing you got his votes also. Lets call a spade a spade already. I'm also not saying that some of the people I voted for were not good people from SH. but still.....
Tweet Tweet

Chalfont, PA

#5423 Mar 7, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
They might be first generation, but their being honed in by the older clan. The reason that SH has spawned so many politicans is because of Keith. He could do no wrong in the dems eyes, so if you got his blessing you got his votes also. Lets call a spade a spade already. I'm also not saying that some of the people I voted for were not good people from SH. but still.....
You really think that the older clan has any impact on the borough council? They don't even work state rep races anymore. Why would they bother with council?

That being said, if they're all actually related, then I see your point. Is that the case?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 1 hr ClassO88 2,199
News Deputy coroner hit with child-sex charges 2 hr Splendidly Fugly 5
All Hallows Eve 2017 🎃👻👹... 2 hr Splendidly Fugly 16
Hick 2 hr Speak Skookistani 15
Hazleton News 1 Accident Coverage Criticism (Oct '15) Sat wondering minds 48
evil plots Fri He is the known Liar 45
cassidy derr???? Oct 18 spooky time of year 57

Nesquehoning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesquehoning Mortgages